“Anniversary trip” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   22984 Perdido Beach Blvd., Orange Beach, AL 36561   |
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Orange Beach
“Anniversary trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Oveerall a nice place... We booked threw escape the shores and had some issues checking in... No one was at palm beach and the person that was at the escapes did not know what to do with us! Very clean. Can be loud in the mornings when people are leaving.... Overall will stay again

• Stayed August 2012

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Hendersonville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We rented unit 52B at Palm Beach, Orange Beach, Alabama, from Brett/Robinson Vacations last week and it was a very good experience! The unit was attractive, clean, bright, with excellent amenities! We had been going to Destin for years, and had found the accomodations there were becoming quite dated; furniture in disrepair, etc. and we never knew if we were getting the "best deal". None of that this time! On the beach, no concern for grandson going to the beach or pool, no loud teenagers, just a pleasant facility, and I might add a very good value! Next time we will reserve a two bedroom, rather than using the couch that makes a bed for grandson.....recommend the company and place highly!!

Room Tip: I think any rooms at this property would be fine; simply choose the number of bedrooms, etc. and one...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Stayed here several summers with my family when I was growing up. Good times, GRAND fun! I would definitely recommend one of the Phoenix properties. We would stay for a little over a week and each time, I never wanted to leave. It felt as though we were right at home with all of the space we had in the unit. Our own rooms were huge, the kitchen was huge, the living room was huge, and the balcony made a huge "L" shape. We always stayed in a unit located on one of the highest floors and had a breathtaking view of the beach/gulf. Gulf Shores is a great place to go. Very family-oriented. My father worked so hard to provide us with get away after get away!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

We stayed in a one bedroom condo which was steps from the pool and the beach. The unit was small but nicely appointed. We really had a great time. Place was clean and well managed. I would recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Ground floor was great, but they do have elevators if you are not on ground level.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Jekyll Island, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

My husband and I spent a week at the Escapes to the Gulf at Orange Beach/Palm Beach Resort courtesy of our exchange through Interval International. We had read several reviews prior to arriving that were less than flattering of the property so we were pleasantly surprised upon arrival. We had a wonderful week, loved our unit, and would highly recommend this resort to anyone. We arrived driving through Pensacola, Florida, and would recommend an alternate route for others if possible. The traffic is very slow. We arrived at around 2:50pm (check in is officially at 3pm) and had our room and keys in about 10 mins. There are four buildings (A-D); we were in A on the fourth floor. The unit was wonderful with a kitchen, dining area, small living room, large bedroom and a very large bathroom with both a walk in shower and a Jacuzzi. There are TVs (not flat screens) in both the living room and bedroom, to include VHS and DVD players. The unit came with one single use laundry detergent packet to be used with the washer and dryer, two packages of coffee (inside a filter) ready for use, several dishwasher tabs, dishwashing liquid, and bars of bath soap. The kitchen is fully stocked. There is no maid service but the unit came with a set of 8 towels and washcloths. We had a balcony that could be accessed from the living room or bedroom giving views of one of the pool areas and the beach. Although the wireless access code was only for non-time share exchange guests, the room did have a Ethernet cable to access the internet. The resort has two pools and a small fitness room. The pools are between buildings A and B and C and D. The pool gates remain locked until 9am so there’s no opportunity for an early morning swim, however both pools were kept immaculately clean during our week stay. The fitness room is actually a weight room with two big nautilus-like machines, two benches and a set of free weights. There are both stairs and an elevator to get to the different floors. Within a few miles heading right exiting the resort, are many restaurants and shops in Orange Beach. To buy groceries, you can choose from Walmart Market, Winn Dixie or Publix. Turning left from the resort will take you into Gulf Shores.

Room Tip: Almost every room has a view of the beach and or the pool. Views are better from the upper floors.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Moundville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

We arrived on March 13 for a weeks stay for spring b reak. Check in was simple and we were in our room in 15 minutes.This is a timeshare and this was a getaway I booked through Interval International. We had a 1 Bedroom on the 4th floor. It was located toward the front so our beach view was minimal. The room itself was sparcely decorated but clean and had everything we needed for the week. There were plenty of towels and sheets and blankets. There was no maid service throughout the week but was available for a fee. There was a washer dryer in the condo.
The resort itself was landscaped well and very close to the beach. There are two pools but only one was heated making the heated pool slightly crowded. This wouldn't be a problem in the summer . There are not many activities and very few things to do besides the beach and pool. I think they do have a gym room but I never saw it. My grandson would have liked a game room but there wasn't one. I would have to say that this resort is a place to relax and has more of a family residential feel which was fine with me. I was very pleased with their security. They were ever present even more so than some bigger hotels that we've stayed.
I highly recommend this resort if you want to relax and just enjoy the beach.
Now for the confusing part. The resort we booked was "Escapes" to the Gulf at Orange Beach. On the building it says Palm Beach. There is another"" Escapes" building down the road a mile or so. It was a tower type building.We didn't go there so I cant say anything else about it. I just wish Escapes would somehow make it more clear with the names and location.
I highly recommend this resort for young families and older couples. Families with teens may find it lacking in activities.
As for resturants in the area, Jakes was a big disappointment and there's actually nothing good I can think of to say about it. Hazel's is a good place for breakfast. Nothing fancy but pretty good buffet breakfast. My husband loves their made to order omelets.
The best resturant I've been to in quite awhile in the area is Wolf Bay Lodge. It's very casual but everything we ordered was excellent. Some of the best Oysters I've ever had and the red snapper was excellent also.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Southeast, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2010

This place is in an excellent location in Orange Beach,it is sad that is has deteriorated
so badly recently. Paint peeling off, furnishings outdated and worn out. There was also
an outbreak of bed bugs recently!!! I do not know why anyone would want to stay there
or invest $$ in the place.

• Stayed August 2010

Been to Palm Beach? Share your experiences!