“Do not stay here. This hotels in serious trouble.” 1 of 5 stars

Perdido Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   27200 Perdido Beach Blvd, Orange Beach, AL 36561   |
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Orange Beach
Chicago
“Do not stay here. This hotels in serious trouble.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2009

We have stayed here multiple times in past. First time in a few years. Rooms are out-dated. Beds are worn as is carpeting. LARGE COCKROACHES in 3 of 3 rooms we stayed in. MANAGEMENT DID NOTHING. NOT A THING. Food, housekeeping and valet with MEDIOCRE service. NOT A 4* LODGE.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2009

This was the second time my husband, children and I stayed here in two weeks, not by choice because the conferences were both scheduled for this hotel. I will say that the pool area is fantastic and the outside view of the hotel gives the appearance of elegance. The response of staff is prompt.
The rooms are such a disappointment! They are too small, the balconies are angled and small. With the chaise chairs and table, there is barely room for one person to sit out there. They have a large fridge, but the rooms have no microwaves. The TVs are an older model and the choice of channels limited. The bedspreads look like they were bought from a motel closeout store, really shameful. You cannot find a cart when you need it. The check in will pretty much tell you that they could be anywhere. The check out clerk will not allow you to get a cart, they force a bell hop on you. The biggest complaint I have is on this second stay, I was making the bed the children slept in and found a wire coat hanger under their sheets. I do not own wire coat hangers. This told me that the bed was not stripped from the previous occupants stay and my children have slept in a bed already used. This is unhealthy and nasty. I really became disgusted when I saw this and would NOT recommend this for a dog kennel

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2009

I traveled for the first time to the Gulf Shores area to this resort. My husband came with me for a little relaxation. We are beach people, and had friends who had stayed in Gulf Shores and said it was nice but not much to do other than sitting on the beach. We were pleasantly surprised with the number of things to see in the area. My husband's a history nut and it was great for him. He travelled during the day to see some historical things (forts, ships, etc) while I had presentations. I will say the resort was very nice, food was good, and our room was not outdated, as an earlier post had said. I thought the rate for the room was a little steep (even though I wasn't paying it) considering this is not considered a tourist town, but rather a "convention" area, according to a few of the locals. We will consider coming back for a relaxing vacation, and will DEFINITELY eat at Lulu's again, even if we have a wait!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Panama City Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2009

PBR is a great resort. I've stayed several times over the past few years. On our trip this past month, I was hoping the rooms had been remodeled, but unfortunately, they had not been. The rooms are very similar to a late 80's HOJO. The amenities on the property are nice. Great workout room, pool, and the beach is in great condition. We will return, but probably not until the rooms are updated.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2009

Perdido Beach is a very nice resort with all of the high-end hotel amenities (room service, restaurants, free valet parking, etc). It's location is right on the gulf and is hard to beat. I was there for a business conference and found everything to be nice and well-kept. The lobby/common areas are very high-end and the exercise and pool facilities are great. Staff was very friendly and helpful. My room had a side view, which looked out over the pass instead of the gulf. This was fine for my $139 rate, but beware of this if you are paying big bucks for beachfront. There are several price-tiers depending on your view which ranges from highly obstructed to direct gulf-front. The rooms are alright, but nothing to write home about. Everything was clean and maintained, but there are really no frills. They have a mini-fridge and are about standard size. Balconies are private, but tiny and have barely enough room for two people to sit due to their odd triangular shape (might not be a problem on a direct gulf-front room). There is a business center, but it closes at night, which I found odd and highly annoying. All things considered, this is very nice if the price is right (or if you are willing to pay for the hotel-style service). But, personally, if I had to pay more than $150 or so for a gulf-front vacation room, i'd check out the condo rentals on VRBO instead. You can get far more accommodation for your dollar in Orange Beach.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Twin Cities, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2009

I was at Perdido Beach Resort Feb 8-12. No problem w/ check in, staff very nice and helpful, check out was no problem either. The room was comfortable, I ht\\thought the beds were plenty comfortable, I slept well all 4 nights I was there. Room service was quick. Housecleaning was thorough and unintrusive.
The meeting rooms were large, comfortable, staff provided coffee, snacks, pop, etc.. would bring more if asked.
the weather wasn't the best but the beach is huge, I can imagine it is absolutely beautiful during the summer. It was too cold to swim in the ocean or the pool but the pool area was very nice. The gym was top notch-new equipment.

I am actually planning on coming back in the summer for pleasure. nice place.

Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2008

My husband & I have stayed at this resort many times over the past 10 years or so since he has a conference there that we attend. It's a nice enough place & we have enjoyed the beautiful beach & water. Our last trip recently didnt go so well. Our 2nd night there, we had a storm blow in with heavy rain. It was only a 20 % chance of rain so we were surprised by it. The next morning we were told there had been flooding in an area of the parking lot & our car was one of quite a few that flooded. It seems there is a major drainage problem in that area. Apparently the parking lot was poorly designed & the water funnels into that part of the lot & if there is alot of heavy rain, it floods. It wasnt the first time this had happened & I'm sure it wont be the last time. Our car was damaged. It screwed up the electronics in it. We had planned on extending our stay a few days past the end of the conference & then this happened so the car was taken to a place in Gulf Shores for them to try to dry it out & work on it. We were basically trapped at the resort with no transportation. We were told by the guy working on the car that we needed to get it back home asap before more damage was done due to it being flooded. Thankfully, once they got the seats back upright, it was actually driveable but we couldnt adjust the seats at all. We stayed on one extra night because we didnt get the car back until late afternoon & were afraid of driving it the 5 hours back home in the dark because we worried that we'd lose the headlights or have it possibly conk out on us. The resort did not offer us a single thing even though our problems were due to their inferior parking lot which they apparently have no intentions of fixing. We had NO idea that our car would be flooded there. If they dont want to fix the lot then why not at the very least, fence off the bad area of the lot so more cars wont be damaged in a rainstorm? We felt that they should have offered us the room for free as well as a vehicle rental since we were without one after what happened. But we were offered nothing! When we asked at first, they agreed to knock a few bucks off the cost of the room...wow...how generous! The day we left, we spoke with the manager & he did agree to let us have the room that one night free of charge & they paid for the calls we had to make to our insurance agent & the mechanic who would be working on the car at home. ...but we had to ASK them to get anything at all. If I had been the owner of this resort, I'd have tried very hard to make ammends & treat the guests who had flooded cars much better than this actual owner treated any of us. One lady who was down for the conference was in her brand NEW car which was totaled! She'll have to get another car. All in all, this really ruined our trip & we dont know if our car will ever be back to normal. Plus what about the resale value now?? We had other problems with the room too...leaking around the windows & sliding door...terrible tv reception...the fridge was cut off & we didnt realize it & our food ruined...there were phone problems & our door card didnt work. Not a great experience! So please, if you ever stay there, be very VERY careful where you park your car in the parking lot because I doubt seriously they'll do a dang thing to fix the flooding problem with it. I dont think they care too much if their guests cars are ruined in their parking lot!

• Liked — The lovely beach.
  • Disliked — Flooded parking lot which damaged our car!
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Perdido Beach Resort? Share your experiences!