“First time on the Gulf Coast” 4 of 5 stars

Perdido Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   27200 Perdido Beach Blvd, Orange Beach, AL 36561   |
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Orange Beach
Charlotte NC
“First time on the Gulf Coast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Attended a conference here and stayed a few nights prior and after it. We were on the 9th floor in a large room with a little view of the ocean. It looks like an older hotel with newly refurbished rooms, carpet, and paint. The staff was pleasant and the bartender gave us three excellent suggestions for restaurants. We ate at the café on site twice and the food was good. We did eat at the Sunday buffet which was terrific. We did not eat at Voyagers which is the main restaurant as the prices were high and I felt we could go out in town and get a better value. Some of the wait staff were from Romania and we enjoyed/learned from one another. We did dip in the pool, sat in the hot tub and walked on the beach. If you want snacks, use the vending machines as they are less pricy than the gift shop. We took side trips to Fairhope, a darling, quaint, French inspired town near Daphne and Mobile. There is so much to see and we plan to visit again in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for one overlooking the pool as you will get an excellent view of the ocean.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

We loved the pool very much. What a wonderful pool and patio setup with the swim in and out of the hot tub room setup. Spent a lot of time there. The little outside snack window was great too!! PIzzeria, Restaurant with a wonderful morning breakfast. We felt like we were on a land-cruise. Beach and water were great as usual. With all the congestion with tourist season out there, there really isn't any reason to leave the resort. They have everything you need if you bring your own toiletries and hygiene stuff. The PIzzeria was busy almost full time. I didn't ever want to stand in line in there to get a pizza because I would've lost too much time at the pool/beach, but other than that ... thats my only fault with the place. Customer service was great and the interior of the building was very nice. If you are only there for 2 -3 days... this place is great to maximize time savings, because leaving the resort (say for dinner) is a big mistake at high volume booking times... you basically get stuck in traffic immediately and end up wasting a whole night in the car unless you eat at the resort or a very close by eatery.

Room Tip: Due to the layout of the resort building's towers not all rooms that have a Gulf view can see th...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

This was a great place to stay! Helpful staff, rooms clean (also cleaned everyday if you have the Maid sign on your door), wonderful view of the ocean and pool, and great restaurants. The walk to the beach is not very far at all and the water is absolutely beautiful. You will not be disappointed if you stay here. It did rain one day we were there and we ran to the pool side bar and enjoyed drinks and food from the snack area.

Room Tip: We made reservations 2 months in advance to book a pool/beach view through Expedia.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Spanish Fort, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We arrived for a conference that my husband was attending at the time given, 11:00 am. We decided to make a long weekend of the meeting. We assumed that we would have somewhere to put our things. Right. We checked in and were told the room was not ready. They said they would call us. They never did. We checked an hour later, and were told the room would not be ready until after 4pm. We were not aware of the check in time. I explained that I have severe food allergies so I bring my own food when I travel. I asked if I could at least put a couple bags in the air conditioned room and was told no. I sat in the lobby for 4 hrs to keep food and electronics from melting in the 95 + degrees. I got to enjoy being hit on by men that were there for another conference during the time in the lobby.. I finally discovered that if I put my ear buds in, they left me alone.. The only option they offered was to give the bags to the concierge until the room was available. I did not feel comfortable leaving food with complete strangers. I am severely allergic to shellfish and cannot tolerate gluten. The concierge ended up being an area by the front door that no one was even watching. I saw others give the staff their bags and head off to their conference. They would then put the bags on the floor with the others. There were bags everywhere. We finally did get our room after we checked again. It was okay. Two double beds on the corner with a pool view. I have to say it was quiet except for the occasional person at the elevator. Water pressure was a little weak. We then attempted to find a cart to bring up the rest of our things.. Not one anywhere. We asked the front desk. They did not know where any were. About 900 pm that night we found one and loaded it up. I was attempting to navigate the unruly cart in the door. Two young men working at the front door outside stood by and did nothing as I struggled with the door. I was finally able to wrestle the cart through the door. Another guy was doing the same thing and they ignored him too.. Only one elevator was working, so it was somewhat of a lottery. They had a sign up that the service elevator was available, but we were never able to use that one because the staff literally cut us off a couple times. We climbed the six floors to our room several times. The other elevator was working Saturday morning. We had been there since Wednesday.
We did eat at the Pizzeria once. We went there two times for ice cream. The first was fine, but the next day, a holiday weekend, they had run out of chocolate and vanilla. Due to food allergies I was not able to eat the only remaining ones. When asked if they would be getting more.. No clue.

I used the pool twice during the week without a problem. One problem I noticed was that there was a limited supply of towels that were to use at the pool. When I would go down early, I could usually find one, but later in the morning, nada. Some people around the pool had up to eight towels a piece. No one knew where to get more towels. I just had to drip all the way up to my room, as I did not have anything to dry off with. I was going to do laps Monday morning before we left, but noticed the man at the pool pouring large amounts of chemicals into every opening around the pool. He then threw a water hose in and ran water. I can only assume that do the people I noticed in the pool the previous day that did not get out for hours, had done "something" to skew the chemicals. I chose to not chance it and went home.

One bright spot was housekeeping. They were fantastic. They were always friendly and were very quiet.. We were very pleased with our room when they were done...

We live within driving distance and do not stay at Orange Beach hardly ever. We will not be back to this place again.

Room Tip: Decent location, quiet rooms, but plan on doing things for yourself while you are there. Except the...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I was disappointed when at first. First impression was the broken revolving door upon entering the hotel. I thought, "Well, I guess we're stuck in an old run down dump for the weekend." I figured right then that the photographs on the website would not match the rooms and that the whole place would be a disappointing experience.
Boy was I wrong! Room was beautiful and very clean. Yes, it is an older building but everything (other than that revolving door) was in great repair. Staff were friendly and eager to help. Food was good. Beach was great.
It was a great family atmosphere, guy playing live music by the pool played lots of music we knew and everyone seemed to enjoy it. Not rowdy. No drunken brawls or loud yelling - even from the many LSU fans (just kidding)

Kids had fun, wife commented that she wants to go back again soon, it didn't break the bank.
Win-win-win.

Room Tip: We picked a room with a view of the pool so we could keep tabs on our teenagers - ended up with a be...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Beautiful rooms. Great view of the ocean form my patio. I watched the sun set over the ocean every evening!. Very helpful staff. The staff changed my group's rooms so that we were all on the same floor.
The lounge bar has a great pianist that sang each evening to the delight of all the ladies in our group.
ctg of Atlanta

Room Tip: If you request a room with a pool view, you will get the best patio view of the ocean.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dayton, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We spent a long holiday weekend at the resort. The view from the room was of the pool and partial ocean view, with a small private balcony. The room itself was well insulated from noise. The air conditioning unit worked effectively. The beach location was ideal, and the seating area was ample. The pool area was nice, however we found the actual pool to have a bit of debris. You can self park or valet. Highly recommend the valet when the parking lot is crowded, as there is no charge for this service. The service at the pizza parlor was a little spotty, however the outdoor bar service was fine. Overall, the buffet value and the alcoholic beverages were very reasonable. If you are looking for convenience to beach access, easy location to Perdido Key and the Florida/Alabama state line then this is a good choice. The hotel interior is a little dated, but they have attempted to refresh the hotel rooms.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Sleep Inn Gulf Front Resort
Sleep Inn Gulf Front Resort
#11 of 17 in Orange Beach
3.5 of 5 stars 302 reviews

Been to Perdido Beach Resort? Share your experiences!