“Slow on service!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Orange Beach
Lake Charles, Louisiana
“Slow on service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

The valet guy was super nice & gave us the name of a great Italian restaurant. The hallways were very chipped up & scratched, looked pretty sad. Checked in, adjusted air & dropped our bags, left to get dinner. Returned 1.5 hours later & room was still hot. Called the front desk to report. Said she'd send someone up.... That was 35 minutes ago. About to make another call. Very disappointed.. This is a Sunday evening, disnt see one person in the lobby so it's not like they are being slammed with people!

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Elba
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I stayed at Perdido Beach Resort to attend a 3-day conference. The resort has a complimentary valet service to park your car and handle luggage. My room was a great deal at $99 per night (this was the conference rate) and I had a beautiful view of the ocean. The room was very clean and nicely decorated in a modern style. On the last day of my stay, they slipped my receipt under the door and I was given the option to leave my room key in the room instead of checking out at the front desk. I did not eat at the resort restaurant, however, I did visit the gift shop. The staff was very kind and accommodating. They assisted me with finding a local restaurant that fit my tastes. The resort is right on the beach and has activities available on the beach including beach volleyball and parasailing. I had a wonderful time!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Montgomery, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

About a month ago we received an email promotion for the resort. The windows of opportunity were very limited - 4 days (Sunday - Wednesday) for a period in February and March. The deal was a $99 room with a $20 credit for the on-site up-scale Voyagers Restaurant. The timing was good for us and we had not stayed at the hotel for many, many years so we made reservations for a one night stay - we were absolutely not disappointed!! The staff was friendly and professional, the room very clean and comfortable and the facilities well maintained (I was surprised to read a previous reviewer wrote "the place seemed old and unkempt" as we have stayed at many places in the US and around the world and have experienced "old and unkept" - this certainly is not one of them). I was impressed with the overall condition of the facility considering it was built in the 1980's and has been a major conference location. OK, back to the basics, our room was on the 3rd floor in the East tower and we had a better than expected beach view (for whatever time of year one can't expect a top floor penthouse with a panoramic view for $99). The quality of the furnishings and amenities matched what we expected for this type hotel.

We ate dinner at Voyagers in the hotel (we used the $20 coupon although it was valid until December). We measure a restaurant by atmosphere and quality of food and service. Voyagers was top-notch for all three. A special plus was that they offered smaller portions (and prices) for many of the items. If one did not want an upscale dining experience (with the higher, but not unreasonable cost to go with it) the Palm Breeze restaurant in the hotel had very reasonable, off-season dining options and across the beach road from the hotel were several other restaurants including one specializing in steamed seafood.

Our experience for this off-season promotion was excellent and may have motivated us to return at a somewhat busier season (but never at the peak times). The facility certainly has lot of pluses for staying at any time of year.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Opelika, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Perdido Beach Resort from 02/15/13 - 02/17/13 so that we could attend his company awards banquet. From the time we arrived until the time we departed, we were treated wonderfully. The concierge staff were so helpful and friendly. Checking in and out was a quick process. The rooms have been recently remodeled, so they were awesome!!

Room Tip: Pillows are not comfortable at all. May want to bring one from home.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Tullahoma, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I was unfortunate enough to end up at the Perdido Beach Resort that was, as the name indicates, "lost" in time. The 90's decor was pretty bad and the whole place seemed old and unkempt.

Before going any further I must state that while we were staying at the resort my wife's jewelry and camera and my watch and wedding rings were stolen from our room while they were cleaning. As we came down the hall they had four people cleaning, but almost every door in the hall standing open as other patrons milled around in the hallway. We had to contact the "police" before anything was done. The hotel did nothing for us but apologize.

The food in the hotel was normal lukewarm buffet fare. The table service was the only bright spot in our stay, each server was polite and friendly. The resort is on a very nice, clean part of the beach near a jetty, so that was also a plus. If you stay here, leave the goods at home.

Room Tip: If you don't get an ocean view, all you get is parking lot.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Tony M, Director of Operations at Perdido Beach Resort, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
I am sorry to hear that you had a negative experience while staying with us. At this time, the Orange Beach Police Department was unable to locate a record of a call to the resort during your stay in June, but I urge you to call me to discuss your experience here.

At Perdido Beach Resort, we take security very seriously. We have safe deposit boxes available as well as complimentary safes in each room so that you may enjoy all the sights and activities available to you during your stay while knowing that your valuables are secure.

With regard to your room, we have recently undergone a multi-million dollar renovation of the guest rooms. At the time of your stay you were in a room which had not yet been renovated. I hope that you will try us again. I am confident that you will find that our rooms are modern, comfortable and secure.

Please feel free to contact me if you wish to discuss this matter further, as your satisfaction is of the utmost importance to me.
Tony Marzullo, Director of Operations
Newnan, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Just past the Florida-Alabama border lies Perdido Beach Resort. If you are looking for a romantic or family-friendly getaway, visit during low season. The resort has great views of the Gulf and isn't overrun with tourists during this time of year. PBR doesn't offer spa services but has great food (both casual and fine dining), wonderful beach access, indoor jacuzzis and pool, outdoor pool and plenty of areas to enjoy lounging around. The resort provides complimentary valet parking and has a ice cream shop, arcade room and gift shop onsite. The resort is a little older so the rooms aren't that big but they offer a nice private balcony. The bathroom is a little small but the shower works great and offers plenty of hot water. If you are in need of a convention center, PBR offers great meeting space and again, low season would be an ideal time to visit and save money.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Newnan, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

My wife and I decided to spend our anniversary here and we loved every minute of it. The staff was very nice and attentive. Going during the off season has been the best part as it felt like we had the resort to ourselves. The prices for food at the resort have been a pleasant surprise as they are some of the lowest I have seen in some time. All of the food was delicious and was prepared fresh. Lastly the beach was just amazing. It was a great time all around. Some of the decor was a little dated, but everything was clean and well maintained.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Perdido Beach Resort? Share your experiences!