“Abandon hope all ye who stay here-saying this place is TERRIBLE is too kind.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Opelika

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Opelika
Moultrie, Georgia
“Abandon hope all ye who stay here-saying this place is TERRIBLE is too kind.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

We booked this motel because my son had a tennis tournament in Auburn but it was also the same weekend kids were moving back to the University. No motels were available for miles. I should have listened to the other reviews but this was the only place I could find.

We checked in and the desk clerk seemed like she was in another planet. She was totally indifferent. The first room we got had not been cleaned...we are talking beds slept in with covers and towels on the floor. The bathroom hadn't been touched since the former guest. After a trip back downstairs with our luggage the clerk sent us back up to another room on the second floor. This room also had not been cleaned since the last guest. I told the clerk " the beds have been slept in" and she asked " well was the bathroom ok?" Does it really matter if the bed covers are in a pile on the floor? Forgive me for interrupting the clerk's tv show to expect something as silly as clean sheets and towels! Back down stairs we went before being sent to a third room- which had been "cleaned" but was booked as a non-smoking room. When I say "cleaned" I only mean that the bed linens and towels were not on the floor like the first two rooms and cheesy air freshener had been sprayed to cover the smoke.
The ice machine was out of order and there was no hot water at 6am. Nothing like a cold shower to start the day.
The AC worked in the room. In fact you could hang meat it was so cold. Did I mention the thermostat didn't work?
I canceled the second night but was told I couldn't have a refund.
Sleep in your car before you even consider staying here.

Room Tip: Best advise is-DONT stay here.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

Stayed in a beautiful jacuzzi suite. Smoking allowed, pet friendly. Left a very expensive wool coat behind. Manager returned call within minutes. I sent a box to ship the coat to me and it arrived today. Honesty is hard to find. Would definitely stay here e every time I passed through Opelika!!!

• Stayed January 2011
Pensacola
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2008

The bathroom was filthy. The shower walls were brown. I always
travel with cleaning supplies because I am usually traveling
because of my child's soccer team. The toilet had stains on it
and the floor was dirty. The television only picked up about
4 channels and the picture was snowy. I would not recommend
this hotel for anyone unless they are prepared to clean.

Stayed February 2008
Newnan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2007

Carpet very dirty. Got bit by fleas on legs. Housekeeping very poor.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Dirty!!!!
Stayed May 2007
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2006

I stayed at the Days Inn in Opelika, Al this past month and had a terrible experience. The room was filthy, no towels, or in-room coffee. The room itself had severe water damage and the door looked like it had been kicked in. The pictures they show on the website mut be of the nicest room in the whole hotel, definatle not the room I staed in.I left my room for 2 hours and came back to find all of my food and drinks thrown out. I'm glad I didn't leave my belongings in the room. When I told the manager about the problems with the room he would not move me or refund my money. I ended up having to dish out some more money for a different hotel. I went to the Guest House across the road, I would highly recommend this hotel, it was clean and the staff was friendly and eager to make it's guests happy. The Days Inn was definately not worth the $65 I paid.I called the Days Inn customer service line and they were extremely helpful, come to find out the hotel is independantly owned, they have had several complaints about this location, even fined the owner. The good thing is Days Inn refunded all of my money that I paid for my room at Days Inn and all of the money that I spent at the Guest House Inn. If you are traveling to this location definately stay at the Guest House!

Been to Days Inn Opelika? Share your experiences!