“Great Little Place” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 89 Restaurants in Opelika
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Huntsville, Al
“Great Little Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2009

When we first drove up to the restaurant, I was a bit skeptical. This was only because of the location. It is literally in the middle of warehouses. Don't let this deter you! It was WONDERFUL!! They had the best wine list I have ever seen. The martini that I had was great. The food is exceptional! The Corn and Crab Chowder is a MUST! Highly recommended dining. Because the place isn't that big, reservations are a must.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

auburn, al
“Great Destination Dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2009

This place is literally a warehouse surrounded by chop shops and abandoned factories. We had a hard time finding it, but were surprised how nice our covered patio was compared to the surroundings. The food was excellent, and the wine list was impressive. I would recommend dining here, although it is a little out of the way.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
DC
“Experience ruined by noise”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2008

My girlfriend took me for my birthday. She made this reservation far ahead to assure we would get a good table. We were both looking forward to a pleasant meal of good food. We did not experience either. The meal was ruined because a large party (10-14) of very loud people was seated in the center of the dining room and they proceeded to talk and laugh very loudly. They appeared to be already drunk when they arrived. They disturbed the whole room. I had to cup my ear in order to hear my dinner companion. I spoke to the M'D who apologized but did nothing to rectify the situation. The waiter moved us to their outdoor patio for dessert, which was quiet and, because it was very cold outside, warmed because of a heat lamp. At least the waiter tried!
The entrees (crab cakes and filet) were OK but not worth the city prices. I should know - I live in Washington, DC. My advice? If you want to spend this kind of money, call ahead to find out if they plan to seat large parties that night. If so, avoid the place. Auburn/Opelika needs restaurants like this place but Warehouse Bistro has a long way to go to satisfy the three parts of a restaurant experience: food, atmosphere and service.

Huntsville, AL
“A Hidden Jewel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2008

Food is excellent and the wine list is astounding. Service and friendliness if the staff is above and beyond anything else we found in Opelika-Auburn area. In a region of wings, burgers, and barbeque, the Warehouse is a hidden jewel of gourmet delicacies. There is a great appetizer selection. We had the Carpaccio (raw thinly sliced Angus) and it was excellent. I thoroughly enjoyed the New Zealand rack of lamb, and my wife loved the wild cherry sauce on her duck breasts. I will go there again...

Auburn, AL
“Disappointing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2007

I want to like the place, but every time I go I come away wondering what's the big deal. The filet mignon was alright, but nothing to write home about. High priced, but not backed by the food to justify the cost.