“TU-GRADUATE1” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #27 of 84 restaurants in Opelika
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“TU-GRADUATE1”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Food was great, nothing like a down home southern meal. I look forward to coming down and eating there again. This where I had my graduation dinner at and it was amazing, and was not pricey cause sometimes to get good food its expensive. but here the food was priced just right!

Visited May 2013

66% Recommend
Atlanta, Georgia
“First Choice When Visiting the Auburn/Opelika Area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Our family always chooses to dine at Cock of the Walk when visiting the Auburn/Opelika area. I enjoy the delicious grilled catfish and my husband orders the fried catfish. The baked potatoes are just right and served piping hot. The cole slaw, pickled onions and cornbread are always a big hit. And, we always order a pot of greens! If you are a customer that enjoys the slaw and other pre-dinner foods before your entrée is served, be sure to tell your server to wait to serve the entrée until after you complete those foods. Tonight our server brought our catfish plates almost immediately after serving the cole slaw, etc... That is fast service, but a little too fast for us! The next visit will call for a reminder to allow us to finish our cole slaw and all before serving the entrée. Go and enjoy!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kansas City, Missouri
“Fried Southern Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

If you like fried fish, chicken, or crawfish, you will enjoy this restaurant. We had a group of 16 and the servers did a great job of working us into the restaurant. Most at the table agreed the fried catfish was the best dish. The mustard greens, fried pickles, and grits were also very tasty and enjoyable, especially since they are not typically an option in Kansas City.

Price was reasonable and it looked like it might be a nice restaurant to eat at in daylight with a pond right out side the restaurant.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Valley, Alabama
“A hidden Gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Fresh food, great service, and a really nice location. Definitely will be back again and again. The server was very informative about menu options as well as non-menu items.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Montgomery, Alabama
“A gem of a find in Opelika”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was taken to this spot by family friends who decided that my dad and I needed a night out. A quick drive from Montgomery and we were there. Loved the rustic decor and there was ample parking. Friendly and welcoming staff. Our waiter Gabriel was knowledgeable about the simple yet very tasty menu, and was very entertaining. Appetizer was onion rings and fried pickles, which were awesome. We ordered po boy sandwich, grilled and fried catfish and chicken platters, baked sweet potatoes and coleslaw on tin plates. Sweet tea and pink lemonade were served in tin cups, which I thought was a great touch. Everything was cooked perfectly. Cornbread served in a cast iron skillet was tasty too. The only thing that I would change is the size of the tiny serving bowl of the pickled onions... they were falling out of the side, and a larger bowl of them would definitely have been devoured quickly by our group; these onions were delicious! Price averaged around $16 a person.

I wish I had room for dessert since I am sure there was a good variety of southern inspired deliciousness. This spot is definitely on my list for a repeat visit, with more friends.

• Visited January 2013