“Wonderful Location” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Brentwood, TN
“Wonderful Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

It has been a long time since I have slept in a hotel with the doors or windows open. Did it last night. None of the highway noise you experience staying close to the highway. The Marriott is a ways off the main roads, but absolutely worth it. My only regret is that I was there on vacation and could not spend a day sitting by the pool. Absolutely first class in all ways.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Jay P, General Manager at Marriott Auburn Opelika at Grand National, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you so much for the review. Our remote location does help to get a peaceful night's sleep. We've also been enjoying some cooler than normal temperatures this summer. Please come back to visit us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Canton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We were very happy with this hotel as it was all we needed and all it said it was and very clean, which is the main thing for me as a woman. Stayed one night going through Montana and would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Jay P, General Manager at Marriott Auburn Opelika at Grand National, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for staying with us. We are very proud of our housekeepers and the great job that they do!
Mobile, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We stayed at this hotel last year and loved it. Had a wonderful Jr King suite with sofa bed with room for kids. Great room. This year could not be worse!! Awful room. Could not get a room that had beds for our kids. How does a room with 1 King bed sleep 4 with no rollaway bed?? And not even extra bedding! We are here (last year and this year) for the Junior Team Tennis Championship at Auburn - so of course we have kids. Told them when I made the reservations we had adults & kids and asked for a suite or at least 2 Q beds. All I was told was we can't guarantee anything. We are Marriott Rewards Silver Elite Members and stay at Marriott's whenever we can This year I called daily and begged for a suit or a larger room with 2 Q beds and no one would help us. Said we would pay whatever necessary to upgrade but all I heard was hotel is full for 3 months. That is extremely hard to believe. Asked to be put on waiting list - was told we can't help you and reservation clerks said they couldn't put us on waiting list. I don't believe it. How hard is it to do if you have someone needing a room and willing to pay for it. Told them when we checked in we needed 2 beds (begged for 2 beds and told them we had 2 kids) and NOPE - no help. Kids sleeping on the floor and can hear people next door. Extremely disappointed in size & quality of room. No extra sheets, pillows or blankets and room is smaller than at a Courtyard. Not what you would expect. We spend a lot of money at Marriott's and we spend a lot of money when we stay at a hotel like this - on food, drinks, etc. You would think the hotel would be a little more accommodating and not make us put our 2 boys on the floor to sleep. Won't even give us a roll away bed and no extra bedding to help them sleep on the floor. Not what you expect from a hotel of this class. Especially disappointing after the good experience we had last year.

Stayed July 2014
I am so sorry that you were not able to get the room type that you wanted. It was an extremely busy weekend and almost everyone in the hotel wanted rooms with two queen beds. After all of those rooms had been reserved, we accept requests for speciific bed types but cannot guarantee them. The reservation is guaranteed but not the bed type. So, at the time you made your reservation all of those bed type rooms had been reserved.

This weekend had been sold out for almost a year. I hope that you have the opportunity to stay with us again and can make your reservation early enough to get one of the guaranteed bed types.
Duluth, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at hotel for a family wedding and had a wonderful time. However at check out I realized my bill had extra charges. I had receipts to prove items were already paid but when I asked for the correction and even an apology to their mistake, I was asked to prove I already paid. Then when I went to manager , he didn't care either. There was NO customer service just me trying to prove their mistake. I stay at Marriott often and I will now tell everyone they don't care and the customer is never right. I won't stay again. No customer service !

• Stayed June 2014
I am so sorry that you were dissapointed. Our policy on disputed charges is to immediately remove those charges for the guest and then go back to verify how the charge had been posted to your account. That's what occured in your situation also. The charge was removed for you on your date of departure. We were never able to verify that the charge had been paid for by your credit card, but nonetheless did not charge you. I hope that you have the opportunity to visit us again and were happy to hear that otherwise you enjoyed your stay with us.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

The rooms are clean and the pool area is incredible. We stay during the busy football game weekends and still enjoy the five-star service from the staff! The breakfast buffet is good too. The location is quiet and relaxing.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Jay P, General Manager at Marriott Auburn Opelika at Grand National, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thank you for the kind words about our hotel. We always enjoy having you as our guest. The football season will be here soon!!!!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I booked an overnight stay at this resort recently because it's reasonably close to home. I was very pleased. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Wayne, especially, was most informative and always offered to help. My husband was on crutches but I felt Wayne would've been the same w/o any physical disability noticeable.

My son enjoyed the pool, in particular the slide. The pool area had plenty of chairs. Love the cabanas! Our room was nice and beds were extremely comfortable. My husband and I plan on coming back for a romantic getaway in the future.

The only concern I had was a charge for the internet. One of our party must've accessed it via our cell but we really didn't want the faster speed. For the cost of the resort, internet (at any speed) should've been free. Very minor problem, though.

Room Tip: The rooms on the 1st floor actually allow you to park right outside of the room. Might be helpful if...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Jay P, General Manager at Marriott Auburn Opelika at Grand National, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Thank you for the review. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay. Wayne will be pleased to hear that he made a positive impression on you. We are so proud of our staff members and the service that they provide.

We do have a charge for an enhanced version of our wifi. That version is helpful if you are downloading large files or viewing movies through your device. The free version offers plenty of capability for most functions. Please come back and visit us again soon.
Auburn, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Last weekend our family stayed at the Marriott to celebrate my son's 1st birthday. We had a wonderful time. We were allowed to check in early so the kids had a full day at the pool. We were also allowed to stay at the pool until 5pm after we checked out at 12. The pool was great for the kids age range 1-11 and the cabanas and shaded areas were great for the adults. We ate supper outside and the kids had a lot of room to run in the grass. We all enjoyed the smores station on Saturday night. Raven was very helpful making sure we had all we needed. Rooms were nice and clean and we all enjoyed having balconies. Even though we live 10 miles down the road we will be back again. Hopefully soon! Oh and can't forget all the guys had a good time fishing at the pond.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review. We love having local guests come and enjoy our hotel. I will be sure to share your comments with Raven - she does a great job for us. Please come back and visit again soon.

Been to Marriott Auburn Opelika at Grand National? Share your experiences!