“Not so Irish” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 89 Restaurants in Opelika
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Irish, English, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: The Irish Bred Pub & Restaurant is Opelika’s original, ‘local’ Irish Pub. Located in the heart of the historic downtown, we pride ourselves on offering something for everyone. Since opening in the summer of 2010, we have established ourselves as one of Opelika’s most popular restaurants – family-friendly with great lunch and dinner specials served in an inviting, cozy atmosphere and beautiful, historic setting.With an extensive restaurant menu, 2 full service bars and the perfect outdoor balcony seating area away from all the hustle and bustle of every day life, whether we you live or work in the area, or are simply passing through, the Pub offers the perfect setting for every occasion.If it is entertainment you are looking for, come and enjoy our weekly Trivia Nights, Texas Hold Em’ Poker Nights and Live Music including traditional Celtic music nights. If you are looking for a livelier night out, our 2nd floor weekend Night Club DJ parties provide the perfect party venue, whether you are celebrating occasions such as birthdays or bachelorette parties, or simply looking for a place to hang out with friends and the dance the night away. If live music is your preference, come and enjoy the wide range of live bands that perform upstairs. And don’t forget that with our multiple plasma TV’s, many of our regular guests regard us one of the best Sports Bars in the area where you can enjoy live action of all your favorite sports.Our 2nd floor also offers ideal Meeting Room Facilities and a perfect, informal venue for Private Party Reservations such as birthday parties, anniversaries, office parties, baby showers, rehearsal dinners, and wedding parties.As you can see, we truly do offer something for everyone. Whether a regular guest of the Pub or first-time visitor, we look forward to giving you a warm Irish welcome and a taste of the Emerald Isles.
Montgomery, Alabama
“Not so Irish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Had a stop in Opelika and decided to try irish bred pub for an early dinner.. The out side is very cute and the inside is a tad irish and I mean by some of the photos and stuff around the pub, but beyond that that it is all the Irish you will get. The food was basic bar food, sandwiches , Burgers , and fish ...I was not impressed with the menu. I settled on a Ruben and my husband did the special of fish. The food was hot and tasty but it's not anything I would go out of my way to try again. Our waitress was very nice and was very attentive towards us. I think this is more a hang out and a drinking spot not so much a food stop.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Jacksonville, Florida
“Great place for a comfortable evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

People were very nice at this restaurant. The food was very good and filling. The choices of beer were terrific. The other customers and the camaraderie that was evident at the bar made for a fun evening. The atmosphere is also very interesting in that the restaurant used to be an old pharmacy. I'd recommend this place for families or friends. The prices were right as well.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Senoia, Georgia
“Delightful Irish Pub!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

I am always looking for a good Irish or English pub and this one is definitely one of the better ones that I have run across. It is set in a nicely restored area along railroad on Railroad Street in Opelika. Looking forward to returning to this street for a good look around. I had a salad with steak and it was very very good. It was about 11ounces short of a 12 ounce steak! I really would have loved a little more meat as it was delicious! They also had real Guinness on tap like I like it. I will be returning often to try the authentic Irish fare. If you like pubs, this is worth a visit.

Visited January 2014
Opelika, Alabama
“Irish Food. AmIright?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Great-Gramma Musclechest was born on the Emerald Isle and raised in an orphanage by Irish Catholic nuns who taught her that someday, when she finds a husband she should boil all of the sinful flavor out of his food, lest he be led astray by the Devil.

Thankfully, whomever is in the kitchen at the Bred Pub ain't working from my family cookbook. The food is generally quite tasty, the menu wide-enough ranging, and the prices fair.

Inside, the atmosphere is cozy and upbeat. For a pub, it's reasonably family-friendly in the early evening, except for Junior M., who has earned a lifetime ban. Later on, it gets to be East Alabama's version of the Hardrock Cafe for the local well-heeled grey-heads willing to be seen in the presence of alcohol.

Visited October 2013
“Nice Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

The Irish Bred Pub was a lot of fun to hang with friends as they have a wonderful bar with many beers, wines and liquors. Downstairs is the restaurant with good Irish pub fare. The upstairs is a bar with live music. Both were jovial and fun atmospheres and the servers were top notch attentive and wanted to go out of their way to ensure we had what we really wanted as waitress brought my wife three different wines to taste to help make up her mind. Great place to spend three or four hours in downtown Opelika which has had a wonderful transformation over the last several years. Enjoy the Irish Bred Pub!!