“New property, but going down” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Opelika
Roswell, Georgia
“New property, but going down”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

The place is new so that is good. the rooms are nice but our bed was as hard as a rock. There was only one trash can, the maid woke up our daughter in an adjoining room to ask when she wanted the room cleaned even after we asked her not to. No towels in the hot tub, after asking they brought 2 for the 5 of us. The hot tub room overheats so they need to keep the door open to the outside, this makes it too cold. Little stuff, but it adds up.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
LynnDaughtry, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Opelika Auburn, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Thank you for your valuable feedback. I regret to hear that the housekeeper woke your daughter up when she was inquiring about servicing the room. We will be sure to keep more towels in the hot tub area. I hope that you will come back to visit us again in the future.
Lynn Daughtry

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Clean, modern, quiet, VERY helpful staff, great breakfast and great location. Could not have asked for more. Hotel was full every night with visiting college students and baseball teams. No problems with noise for access to breakfast. Convenient to lots of shopping and eating.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
LynnDaughtry, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Opelika Auburn, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Well, I could not have asked for a better review. Thank you for your valuable feedback. We strive everyday to meet and exceed the needs of our guest. I am so happy that you had a great stay with us and I hope that you will come back to visit with us again soon.
Alpharetta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This hotel is a real gem! It was incredibly clean, beautifully decorated, and close to a great shopping area. The staff were all so friendly and helpful. The breakfast was a great ending to a wonderful stay!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

I really love it there! It's very nice and clean! Great area! The shopping center is right down the street. There are a lot of restaurants in that area. Great staff, Latasha Dunn and Shaniqua Bailey. They were very helpful.

• Stayed December 2012
LynnDaughtry, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Opelika Auburn, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
I am so glad you had a great visit with us in Opelika. I am happy that you took some time to enjoy the shopping and dining at Tiger Town, just down the road. Latasha and Shaniqua go above the call of duty and take great pleasure taking care of our guest. They are good at their jobs and it really shows. We hope that you will find your way to stay with us again in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

the staff was the best from the time i checked in ms Rene was very professional and the women in housekeeping where great ms latasha made sure i had everything and ms Jean in breakfast made me feel like i was home loved my stay

• Stayed February 2013
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Ms. Jean, Ms. Latasha and Ms. Rene are such assets to our staff. They are role models for the hospitality industry. I will be sure to pass along to them your kind comments. We hope that you will be back to visit with us again in the future and wish you safe travels.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

I loved it I will always come here great rooms friendly staff and latasha really made my stay great I just loved the cleanliness of the rooms. I also enjoyed Mrs Jean in the breakfast area she really made me feel like I was at home.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you so much for your valuable feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to pass your wonderful comments along to Mrs. Jean and Ms. Latasha. It will make their day! We look forward to your next visit with us.
Warwick, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I arrived at 1:30 am local time after two flights and a drive from Birmingham to attend the funeral services for my Daughter in Opelika. I tried to check in at the Hampton Inn across the street where my son-inlaw and grandchildren were staying. A clerk at the Hampton told me they do not take guests after 10:pm. I went to the Holiday Inn and was immediatly checked in by two of the nicest gentlemen. I was given the best discount rate and was told anything I needed was avaliable, just ask. The room was great, the service fantastic, the breakfast buffet was one of the very best I have ever had. A Mr. John Sackie Jr. who was working at the hotel gave me directions, advice and helped me any way he could to ease my grief. Being from Rhode Island and not a traveling person I would like to recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Opelika. Since I am a 3 cup of coffee morning person, the coffee pot in the room was great.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
LynnDaughtry, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Opelika Auburn, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
I am sorry to hear of the loss of your daughter. I am glad that you found comfort staying with us.I will be sure to pass your kind comments along to the gentlemen that work at night and also to John. They all take pride in taking care of the needs of our guest and go to great lengths to do so on a daily basis. I am thankful to work with such people every day. We hope to see you again in the future.
Lynn Daughtry

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Opelika Auburn? Share your experiences!