“Excellent food, Nice setting, Great employees” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Seafood
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Excellent food, Nice setting, Great employees”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Frogz is my kind of place. Cool, unique, and kind of out of the way. They have an outdoor eating area surrounded by bamboo screening giving you just enough view through to see some of the area around but not so much so that you feel as if you are exposed to the passing traffic. I was seating quickly and hadn't even received my drink before the manager was by to thank me for dining with them (Kudos). The waitress was polite, friendly, and had a great sense of humor. My wine arrived quickly and was a nice pour. The wine menu isn't extensive but does contain a little something for everybody. They have bottled and draft beer as well but no local beer (tisk tisk). I think the bread was commercial purchased but the house made herb butter more than made up for it. I had the Rib Eye, w/ twice baked potato and veggie melody. The steak was cooked to perfection. They actually know what medium rare is! It had some seasoning on it, which I usually decline, but I have to admit it was very good. Much better than the "famous" steak places in the area (see my other reviews). I'm more of a regular baked potato guy but, again, I'll have to admit that their twice baked was great. They even had sea salt and fresh crushed black pepper to accent the food. All I can say is BRAVO Frogz. You exceeded my expectations.

Visited June 2014

Enterprise, Alabama
“Best Kept Secret Around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

This is my favortie restaurant in the area. There is no reason to drive to Dothan for dinner when Frogz is just down the road. Open Wednesday through Saturday for dinner only, this locally owned restaurant has amazing food that you would not expect for a tiny town a few miles from Enterprise. We have never had a bad meal here.

LaWanda is the owner and she takes a vested interest in the success of her restaurant. The service is almost always perfect. As a regular, i feel like I am visiting people I care about and who want me to have a great experience every time. Very casual atmosphere, though it can be loud, especially when big groups come. They have a wide wine and beer selection. This is a small restaurant so if it is a special occasion you might want to make reservations. My favorite server is Jimmy. The real secret to their success is hidden in the kitchen - Kyle. He is the man behind the great food. I am only sorry I have been able to go just three times in the past month.

Health Score: 98

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Trenton, New Jersey
“Good food and doggy friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Off the beaten path in Ne Brockton hides this cool little hangout for you and your furry family member! Food is on the higher end of $, but it did not lack on tastiness! Salmon was cooked to perfection! Service that night was not so good, but it was a fundraiser night, so I'll cut some slack. Didnt like that they pre-added the 20% tip....will give it a try again on a couples only night and see how service fares.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Abbeville, Alabama, United States
“Gator Review”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were disappointed the night we visited as we were hoping to have gator. Unfortunately they were sold out. We had a seafood platter and shrimp which were both very good. You have to search a little for them but it was a nice "adventure" dinner.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Enterprise, Alabama
“Try the Seafood nachos!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I tried the seafood nachos and enjoyed them very much! We've tried a few different items and we liked them all! It's a little out of the way, but its a small restaurant with good service and consistantly good food.