“Best Fried Chicken” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Florence, Alabama
“Best Fried Chicken”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

The Shoals area suffered from a lack of restaurants with real fried chicken on the menu until Champy's opened. The fried chicken at Champy's is hands down the best in the Shoals. Always fresh and served piping hot like it should be. The pieces are large so make sure that you are hungry when ordering chicken the restaurant has a number of other choices including fried catfish which is also good.

Visited July 2014

Atlanta
“Best Fried Chicken Livers in years!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

I know, not everyone is into chicken livers - but if you are, these are AWESOME. According to my friends, everything they fry is fantastic. The service was good, the atmosphere very beach-like with a large outdoor seating area. The food was hot, freshly cooked to perfection. The meat was cooked through with a light batter that had some crunch. This is a casual, come as you are, good ole Southern place.......I ordered the yella wine, which was served in a plastic cup and went perfectly with my livers! This will be a regular treat when I visit the area from now on!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“GREAT food! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We just ate at champy's for lunch. The atmosphere was wonderful and very family friendly. Our server Brook was excellent, she was very helpful in suggesting things to order from the menu like the sausage cheese platter (which my 2yr old loved) and the tender plate with mash potatoes. We never went without refills and I love how the drinks are served in to go cups one less request you have to make at the end of your meal. We ordered sweet tea which was great as well. The kids meal are HUGE and very reasonable at $4.95. I hands down recommend this place and you must try the sausage platter!!!!

Cartersville, Georgia
“Best Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I have eaten at Champy's in Muscle Shoals twice now. I got the two piece white meat dinner--messy, messy but oh so delicious. The second time I went I vowed to try something else...I just couldn't. I had to try the two piece white meat dinner AGAIN. Just as good as the first time. My whole family enjoyed everything we ate...can't complain about anything.

We will go back!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“3 words; Fried Green Tomatoes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Decided to have lunch because heard good things about chicken. Wife had buffalo chicken salad. A large portion but be prepared, the buffalo heat lingers. I had 2 piece white chicken. Very tender and it is that good.
The fries green tomatoes as appetizer are out of those world! I would say the best I have ever had. The batter used is wonderful.
Service is good with drink refill coming without asking. Price is fair for amount of food you receive.