“I will go back” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Dyron's Lowcountry is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Church Street
“I will go back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

The food was good and the service was good it was a little loud but not overly so.
There is no question I'll return to eat there again

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Southeastern U.S.
“Will definitely return!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Dyron's is a big favorite with everyone, particularly the local "Mountain Brookers". The decor is casual but certainly not "low end". The staff all seem to be friendly, knowledgeable, helpful and "available" to assist.

The food here is as advertised, lowcountry fare. I am normally not a particular fan of gumbo; BUT the gumbo here is to die for! The roux is dark and just perfect with the right amount of spice to give it a nice "kick" but not too much for those who do not like a really hot/spicey dish. There is an abundance of large shrimp (WHOLE, not little snippets of the shrimp), crab meat, crayfish and sausage - delicious! It could be a whole meal if you wanted to miss out on their other delicious fare! The wine list here is certainly extensive enough to satisfy anyone but the most snobbish oenophile.

I normally try to avoid desserts, but since one of my dinner companions twiisted my arm ;-) I did have half of the bread pudding - ohhh, I certainly could have had my own whole portion!!!

The servers were attentive, friendly and polite.

My only complaint is that the noise level is extremely HIGH - when it is full, you literally have to lean into your companion's face to hear what they are saying. This is NOT a place to take someone to propose!!!!

BUT, the food is excellent, the prices are fair for what you get and for this area (Mountain Brook); and I certainly recommend it for good, good food!

• Visited February 2013
Birmingham, AL
“Disappointing. Overrated.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

A reservation a month in advance seated us at the back door; on the porch and drafty. The servers were okay. We both ordered beef and both orders were very undercooked. We returned one and it came out slightly more cooked. One of the servers was aware of the issue and "prepared" a special dessert for us, on the house. I know shw meant well, but this meant we did not have the opportunity to choose our own dessert. I was looking forward to the Madeira, but by that time, I was just ready to leave. I honestly do not understand the high rating. Come on Mtn Brook, there are plenty of truly good restaruants to support.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Brandon, Mississippi
“When you eat at Dyron's you'll think your grandmother's in the kitchen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Dyron's Lowcountry is a good as it gets. Country cooking with a "cuisiney" twist. The fried chicken is as juicy and crispy as you will find anywhere. The pork shoulder and pork belly is delicious and country at its best. Both the fried and the marinated crab claws are delicious. The sides with each of our dishes were both low country and upscale - quite an accomplishment. The servers are knowledgeable and attentive without hovering. They've obviously been well-trained. Try Dyron's, it's worth every penny.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kiawah Island, South Carolina
“Good food, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Restaurant was busy on weeknight but well staffed and our servers were very friendly and helpful. Our dinners were very good especially the grouper. Plenty of warm biscuits and a delicious carrot cake for dessert. We ate in the unfinished room/solarium where the slatted chairs are quite uncomfortable for a leisurely dinner. Stay in the main dining room for a nice dinner.

• Visited November 2012