“Cheaper than Birmingham” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Moody
Moody, Alabama
“Cheaper than Birmingham”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

Yes it was cheaper than staying in Birmingham, but it was not worth the money I paid. Don't call the 800 number ... they said the hotel was full. I got a CHEAPER rate on Priceline as soon as I hung up with the person who answered the 800 number, who incidently couldn't tell the difference between Moody, AL and Mobile, AL. I told her 3 times I wanted the Super 8 in Moody. She kept telling me there was no such place in Mobile. It would be nice if the people on the other end of the phone could UNDERSTAND english.
Checked in just before midnight. FREE parking. Front desk staff was friendly. Room was ok. Towels were smelly. Make sure you take the bedspread off, don't even think of laying on it. Was able to access WiFI from the room. Basically it was a crash pad from midnight until 7:00AM. Free CNN & HBO.
Breakfast available was coffee, frosted flakes and fruit loops in dispensers (don't ask me how long they looked like they had been in there), and English Muffins. OJ was in the fridge.. I just took the coffee ... and headed to Burger King for HOT food!!! Waffle House is also nearby. I would give this hotel 5/10

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

I have to say I cannot recommend this motel. The blankets smelled and seemed unclean, we were woken up by a staff member knocking at 7:30 am after we were trying to sleep in after a long nights drive, they did not replace our towels, when we arrived the room was scorching hot, and we were refused even an extra 15 minutes for extended check out.

Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
NW AR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2009

This is an older property, and like a couple of other Super 8s that I've stayed at over the last few years, it is undergoing renovation and repair (I saw a contractor working, before I left). The room is quiet. The staff was particularly helpful, when I arrived near midnight, and the website I'd used had bungled my reservation. They took care of the previous reservation, billed me the same rate, and got me a room in about 2 minutes.
The room was fairly standard: TV, microwave, fridge, two double beds (all that was available), coffee service, hair dryer, etc. However, unlike some other places I've stayed, it was very, very clean. The bed was on the low end, but I slept well. The area was extremely humid, and the upper walls in the bathroom showed signs of recent work and uneven paint. I was worried that there was mold, because I have severe mold allergies, but upon closer inspection, there was none (turns out they air out each room for several hour, after cleaning).
This is no resort, but if you don't want to pay a hundred dollars or more for a clean room in the Birmingham area, drive the extra 20 minutes. This is a steal. (And visit the Waffle House before you leave for one of the nicest staffs you've ever met. The Super 8 folks were great, but the Waffle House folks stand out from years of traveling)

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Branson
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2006

Nice clean hotel, very quiet. Great deal for the price. Large rooms.

• Stayed February 2006

Been to Super 8 Moody? Share your experiences!