“Excellent, in all respects” 5 of 5 stars

Book now and save 15%
Ranked #12 of 73 Hotels in Montgomery
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Houston, Texas
“Excellent, in all respects”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2011

We arrived late, around 11pm, after an all day drive from TX. I haven't stayed in Hapmton Inn + Suites for a long time, but what a pleasant surprise! The front desk manager had our keys ready (unfortunately we had not called to say that we were running late), and was extremely pleasant. The hotel appears to be new, with all of the conveniences one could want for a short stay. The best part - the very comfortable bed! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend to fellow travelers! The comp hot/cold breakfast is a nice touch, to get things started in the morning. Not the usual cereal, stale bread, and toaster oven! Way to go!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2010

I always check the reviews of hotels on Trip Advisor to get an idea of the places I'll be staying. While most times, they are spot on, sometimes other travelers reviews don't help me because they don't account for my standards for accommodations. Well, I was not disappointed in the reviews of this property. What a jewel in the heart of the city! I was wowed from check-in (the 2-story lobby), to my room and throughout my stay. I chose a king suite and the room was absolutely fabulous! There is a wetbar when you enter the room, stocked with coffee and a welcome basket of popcorn and bottled water. There is also a fridge and microwave. The room is decorated in modern, cozy furnishings and includes a painted accent wall - something you rarely see in a hotel, let alone in a moderately priced hotel. There is a separate, granite vanity from the bathroom. Though the closet is small, it was adequate for a weekend traveler. The internet was easy to access and the breakfast was more than sufficient. It's location downtown, made it accessible to anywhere in the Montgomery area and to the major interstates I-85 and I-65. As well, there are several restaurants within walking distance, including Wintzell's Oyster House right across the street. The river is only a few blocks away walking and the civil rights sights - monument, Dexter Avenue Church and the state capitol - are five minutes away by car. The fitness center is very nice, with very modern equipment and is available 24 hours. This hotel would be perfect for a nice romantic get away also. The only minor complaint is the TV. Though a flat screen, it was a little small for the room. I highly recommend this hotel and the price is reasonable considering the accommodations. I won't stay anywhere else when I visit Montgomery.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Gulf Breeze, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

What a great suprise! We booked at the last minute for a Friday stay; went to the Auburn/Georgia game and the hotel was so nice, we decided to stay Saturday night as well, instead of driving home :) We were a bit skeptical; it is located in an old 10-story what-used-to-be bank building. So therefore, looked old and dated on the exterior, however while walking in our jaws dropped. Huge two-story lobby; beautiful chandeliers/staircase - they kept the experior look to the old elevators which added to the charm. This seemed to be the only area they refurbished instead of remodeled. Every other section was completely re-done and was finished in top rate fashion. The room was immaculate; the bed was more comfortable than at my own home. The bedding had down comforters and you can tell they are cleaned daily - most bedspreads we do not even use as there is no telling the last time they were washed. The linens and room setup felt like we were in a $300 room - the bathroom was first class and the staff went out of their way to make us feel at home. They even have free breakfast in the AM and it was a pleasant suprise as well. Most hotels have a free breakfast but this one had scrambled eggs, bacon, pastries and to-die-for coffee. Their address is now in our GPS and we'll be staying there whenever we head that way. Glad trip advisor has this site - that is how we found them :) PS - we paid under $100 a night

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Anchorage, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2010

This hotel was a delight to stay at. The rooms are large and decoratively appointed to create a fun yet relaxing atmosphere. The hotel is clean, the staff is friendly and helpful. There is complimentary valet parking. The coffee is good at breakfast (I'm from the Northwest, so this is a big compliment). The lobby has been restored to beautifully showcase the historical architecture of the building. There's no pool, but I didn't have time to swim. There's a fantastic Italian restaurant and bar next door that we ate at. There's also a very good BBQ restaurant just around the block.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2010

I was in Montgomery to visit the Air Force Historical Research Agency at Maxwell AFB. This was a great hotel for traveling alone. There are two outstanding restaurants ... one just across the street, the other a few doors down. I will stay there again for sure.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2010

The king room we got on the 10th floor was so spacious and again so clean. The bed was okay as far as comfortable but better than I've experienced as some places. It's not a sweet sleep that's for sure but it did the job.
I was concerned when I booked it over the phone directly with the hotel as they we pretty unprofessional but they were game on when we got there.
I loved the decor as well and the room smelled wonderful.
We arrived very late at night so be mindful that during the day parking could be a cluster as they don't really have but about 20 spaces in the back but there is a parking lot across the street.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
hattiesburg, ms
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

I have been staying at this Hampton Inn now for the last 3 weekends in a row, and i am become more impressed each time with the value, and the excellent service I've received. This is a beautifully restored downtown building, and the guestrooms are all extremely clean and nicely appointed. As a Hilton Honors gold member, I have been automatically upgraded to the suite each time i've stayed, and that has been such a nice bonus.
The staff has always been friendly and accomodating, but this weekend especially, the front desk clerk saw that I was traveling with my 20 month old, and he made sure we had a crib in the room, and even sent a few cartons of milk up for her, saying he had kids himself and he figured she would want some! Its the small extras like that that make me appreciate staying here so much.
The lobby is beautiful and has a sweeping staircase (which the 20 month old had to climb a few times, just for fun!)
They do have valet parking if you pull up in front of the building, but the parking lot is directly in the rear, and easily accessible, as long as you don't have a lot of junk to bring in with you (as we did!). No bell service, but there are luggage carts in the front lobby.
No room service either, which is too bad, but I had a basket with a bottle of water, candy bar, chips, cereal bar, and microwave popcorn waiting when I checked in last weekend. What a nice thing.
The room has a fridge, sink, and microwave, which is nice too.
Beds are super comfortable with really nice soft sheets and fluffy down comforter. I slept like a dream!
I did use the fitness center, and, although small, was very nice and clean. The treadmills have a giant mirror in front of them, which was kind of weird, but the equipment is nice and updated.
Free breakfast buffet has fruit, lots of pastries, belgain waffle do-it-yourself station, and once had sausages and hot smothered bagels, but I didn't see those this weekend. Good coffee in the morning. Also, if in a hurry, they have "to go" breakfast bags with cereal bar, apple, muffin and bottled water in it, which is a nice touch.
Over all, for the nice low price, this is the best place I've found to stay downtown Montgomery. We did stay in the Embassy Suites around the corner once as well, and I found the Hampton to be cleaner and nicer (and less expensive!) than the Embassy Suites.
If you need a place to stay in Montgomery, it's hard to go wrong here.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Montgomery-Downtown? Share your experiences!