Stayed the night before Columbus Day with our 6 year old granddaughter. Had not been to Montgomery before and was delighted that the hotel was so easy to find. (We also discovered that downtown Montgomery isn't very large.) Got a room with 2 queens. Spacious, nicely decorated, and very comfortable. Probably because of the holiday, we had no problem finding a space in the parking lot behind, which is small. The breakfast is nicer than most, with a few extra hot dishes. Also have breakfast bags at the registration desk, in case you need something for the road. Plus, there are warm cookies in the afternoon. Walkable to the State Capitol and RiverFront and on the same block with several restaurants. We got a refundable rate (you never know with a 6-year-old), and it was about $125 in total. Thought that was a very good price. Would have been cheaper if we got the non-refundable rate. Beautiful entry, but that's already been covered. Wouldn't hesitate to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Get a poignant sense of history or just have some fun when you visit Montgomery, the capital of Alabama. The Hampton Inn & Suites® hotel in Montgomery-Downtown is located in the heart of downtown Montgomery in Alabama's freshly redeveloped historic district. Take a fascinating trip through American history in Montgomery, a city with an important heritage as it is often considered the birthplace of both the Civil War and the Civil Rights Movement. Start with the Civil Rights Memorial & Center and the Confederate War Memorial, both within minutes of our Montgomery hotel. You can even walk the historic Selma to Montgomery National Historic Trail, where civil rights leaders bravely marched to fight oppression. Our hotel in Montgomery also puts you within walking distance of the Hank Williams Museum, and just minutes from the Alabama Shakespeare Festival grounds. Golfers will love the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail, and the family will enjoy Fort Toulouse/Jackson Park, featuring a reconstructed 1700's French fort. Check with the friendly team at our Montgomery hotel for more tips on all the area's attractions. The hotel itself is an historic icon, originally opening in 1927 as the Greystone Hotel. Our lobby has been renovated to show off its original architecture and craftsmanship; and our guestrooms have a distinctively modern flair which compliments the antique design of the building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Hilton Hotels, HotelsClick, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Montgomery-Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Montgomery-Downtown
- Hampton Inn & Suites Montgomery-Downtown Hotel Montgomery
- Hampton Inn Montgomery