Save Saved
You added Renaissance Montgomery Hotel and Spa at the Convention Center to your Saves list
Renaissance Montgomery Hotel and Spa at the Convention Center
Ranked #18 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Boston, Massachusetts
“Very Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I stayed here for one night while on a business trip. The hotel is pretty large, and the rooms are pretty nice. The fitness center was empty on a Friday morning, and had nice equipment. The rooftop pool looked pretty nice but I did not get a chance to enjoy it. While the website advertises a rooftop track, it's simply a painted red trail that circles around the rooftop.

We were able to walk around the surrounding streets around 9 am on a Friday morning looking for a breakfast place, but it was pretty quiet and deserted. I'm not sure if this is what Montgomery is usually like, but it was kind of eerie. No breakfast places were open either, unfortunately, so we ate back at the hotel restaurant called, The House. Overall, a nice hotel to stay at if you are in the area!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic from the beginning to the end. We have stayed in Marriott properties for the past 15 years and I think this was our best experience so far!! Check-in was hosted by a delightful lady that gave me details about the hotel. When we went to our room we were pleasantly surprised by the decor, spaciousness and fantastic Aveda products in the bath. The beds are also very comfortable!! We ate breakfast with a wonderful staff. Very friendly and attentive. Locally smoked sausage conecuh
was on the menu and is now my husbands favorite!! When we checked out even the valet staff was well above average!! Thank you for a great stay and you have set the bar high for our expectations at Renaisance properties.

• Stayed September 2013
Joplin, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

This was a very nice hotel with a really good restaurant. I stayed at the beginning of the week and they still had outdoor entertainment every night at their patio area. The location was very convenient with many really great restaurants within very short walking distance, and the riverfront area was right across the street. I had a nice view from my room and could see the riverboat chugging along when I arrived on Sunday night. If I ever have the opportunity to visit Montgomery again I would love to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We came to Montgomery for our son's Air Force graduation and some sightseeing. The hotel was well run with very nice rooms and public areas. The river is right across the street, the baseball park is a block and many restaurants and other sights are also close.

Room Tip: Get a room on the west end of the hotel or you will hear the music from the outdoor restaurant like...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I arrived on a Monday and was surprised to see live music. The bar staff were great and the cobb salad was amazing. The salad had a local sausage that was one of the best I have had outside of home made. The rooms are always great and the rate is fantastic. On the second night I walked across the street to have some BBQ and then another block to a minor league baseball game. Great location, atmosphere and price at this property.

Room Tip: If you have status they will usually upgrade you to an executive suite.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

if you are looking for a symbol of the rebuilding and rejuvination of downtown montgomery, the renaissance is it. simply a wonderful property. friendly and efficient staff, nice, well appointed rooms. all-in-all a very nice place to stay. walking distance to anything you want to see and do downtown and easy access to the highway. will gladly stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I spent 5 nights at this hotel and only had one complaint I want to mention for this review. I was sent a virtual concierge list of requests to choose from to enhance my stay. Upon my arrival, I asked for one of the requests I made online and was told it was not available at the hotel. While it wasn't earth shattering, I would liked to known ahead of time.
KUDOS TO THE STAFF AT EVERY LEVEL!! They were able to handle the crowd of people coming and going with no problem and with a smile. Every question was answered; every request fulfilled with the aforementioned exception. I was there for a Christian event and the accommodations couldn't have been better. The hotel is beautiful, the common areas very nice and it was close to the river walk. I had breakfast and lunch at the hotel once and was not disappointed. The gym facility was also adequately equipped for me to get the workout I needed. I would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the river.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Renaissance Montgomery Hotel and Spa at the Convention Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Renaissance Montgomery Hotel and Spa at the Convention Center

Address: 201 Tallapoosa Street, Montgomery, AL 36104
Location: United States > Alabama > Montgomery
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#14 Business Hotel in Montgomery
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Renaissance Montgomery Hotel and Spa at the Convention Center 3.5*
The Renaissance Montgomery Hotel & Spa at the Convention Center boasts stunning architecture highlighted by modern amenities and a rooftop pool. An Alabama capitol hotel situated downtown near Maxwell Air Force Base, this stylish hotel features more than 103,000 square feet of meeting space, an 1,800-seat performing arts center, a 73,000-square-foot exhibit hall, and a 9,000-square-foot European spa. Comfort reigns supreme in each of our guest rooms, featuring high-tech amenities, such as HD LCD TVs, wireless and touch screen phones, Wi-Fi and a connectivity panel for all your electronic devices. Enjoy delectable cuisine at The House restaurant, sample high-quality seafood at Wintzell’s Oyster House, or mingle at The Exchange. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Reservation Counter, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Renaissance Montgomery Hotel and Spa at the Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Renaissance Montgomery Hotel And Spa At The Montgomery
Montgomery Renaissance

If you own or manage Renaissance Montgomery Hotel and Spa at the Convention Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.