“Absolutely wonderful staff, good food, amazing muffins” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Bakery, Coffee Shop
Good for: Families with children, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Montgomery
“Absolutely wonderful staff, good food, amazing muffins”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I moved to Montgomery about two months ago but avoided going to Cafe Louisa because I knew once I started going I wouldn't be able to stop. I bought my first bagel there about a week ago and have already gone back at least 3 or 4 times. Their everything bagels are solid and their morning glory muffins are amazing! I could easily eat those every day for the rest of the year.

I recently went there around 8PM for some late night work and ordered the soup of the day which the cashier/server happily got for me even the kitchen was closed. The soup was delicious but not quite as hot as I wanted it to be. I went back and asked him if it would be a problem to heat it up to which he apologized and said they didn't have a microwave. I told him not to worry about it but he came out 5 minutes later with their hummus plate and told me it was on the house since he didn't want me to go hungry and felt bad about the soup. I thought this was really going the extra mile to take care of a customer who had come in after their kitchen was closed and not too long before their usual closing time. He was very polite and seemed genuinely concerned that I was satisfied as a customer. All in all my experiences there have been great and the staff is awesome.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Mobile, AL
“Nope, doesn't make the cut”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Food was OK, overpriced a bit, but OK. Service was totally unacceptable and unprofessional. I get how the whole "slacker" attitude fits in but these folks transcend trendy and enter into just plain inept. Bottom line is this place has a good menu with terrible execution.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Auburn, Alabama
“Great lunch with friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We 3 ladies were having a girls lunch out and one friend suggested we come here. We weren't disappointed. We ordered 3 different things and each was very tasty and carefully prepared. The portions were generous as well. The hummus plate had 2 different kinds of olives which was great to see.

Our Italian Creme sodas we ordered were short on flavor and when I brought them back the server promptly and attentively added more flavoring, re-mixed them, and placed them in a new cup very kindly. That's attention to customer service and we greatly appreciated it. No attitude, no fuss, simply thoughtfulness and professionalism. We will definitely be back.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
“Overpriced, staff is rude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Everything is overpriced. Quality isn't that great. They have a ridiculous debit/credit card limit to try to force you to buy more to meet the minimum.

Employees are snobs who are slow and don't seem to care about good service.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC
“Gelato was great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

They had baked goods, gelatos, and coffees. It is connected to the Tomatino's pizza shop, so you can head next door for dessert. There are some non-dairy sorbets as well.

Visited November 2012