“Horrible Stay (I tried to summarize but the more I wrote, the more I could feel the fustration all over again)” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Montgomery - Eastern Blvd.

You added Extended Stay America - Montgomery - Eastern Blvd. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Montgomery - Eastern Blvd.
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2491 Eastern Blvd., Montgomery, AL 36117 (Formerly Extended Stay America Efficiency Studios-Montgomery)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #64 of 75 Hotels in Montgomery
WhoCares,USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I stopped at the Extended Stay on the Eastern Blvd, in Montgomery, AL. It was a last minute decision to stay overnight. Thank Heavens it was only one night. I booked the room around 10pm over the phone. The operator was very kind and the reservation was made rather quickly. However, when I arrived at the hotel the front office was closed!?! Lights off, blinds drawn and door locked. There was a notice stating I had to use a payphone located on the side of the building to ring the night attendant. I did and it took two calls to get her to answer. She straight up told me that even my room was booked and paid she would not be able to check me in. She said that when she gets to work (AT 7PM) all of the reservation are printed out and left for her by the staff member before her. I told her that my reservation was made after 7pm and that it made absolutely no sense why a person would be able to make a reservation after 7pm if they would not be able to check-in. She responded that people could check-in after 7pm but she couldn’t check me in b/c she did not have access to the computer. I’m sure I don’t need to tell you guys that she had a pretty apparent attitude by that last response she gave me. I then offered to give her my confirmation number and she said she “aint need it cuz aint nothing” she can do. All of this took place while I was standing outside, all alone at 11pm. I hung up on her and I called the (800) #. Thankfully, I ended up talking to the sales rep that had booked my room. He told me that he received frequent calls about this same issue at this hotel. He said he was going to contact the hotel manager and they would have this resolved. He was polite enough to stay on the phone until she came to the door which was 10mins into the call with him. (Yes, I checked my call log.) I received my room key that didn’t work. Surprise, surprise. A woman came peeping out of the window and said, “This room is occupied.” I went back down stairs and the office lights were on and the door was unlocked. To myself I wondered if she knew this room was occupied and was waiting on my return. But this wasn’t the worst of my stay. I got my new room key, and went upstairs. There were no bath towels or face rags in there. The bed sheet had a cigarette burn and an old unidentifiable stain. (Pictured below) I was pissed.

Room Tip: Not only would I not stay here again, but I would not recommend this place to a stranger in the stre...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Cleveland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

1st I had to make reservation via online to secure a room, to avoid being told they were booked. (All other hotels were booked) 2nd hotel is next to a sport bar and folks were outside blasting rap music. 3rd roach on wall 4th doors are external 4th refrigerator smelled and was dirty looking.
5th room was small.

But beds were ok, decor was ok, check-in clerk was ok. Very accessible to lots of restaurant, shops and nicer hotels

1 night was enough.

Room Tip: Request rear room away from sports bar and away from street
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Scott M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Montgomery - Eastern Blvd., responded to this review, March 31, 2013
We recently received a copy of your review of our Extended Stay America Montgomery Eastern Blvd location. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why we were disappointed to read your post. Please accept our most sincere apologies.

We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why our mission is to provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price that guests want to come back to. The reservation, noise and pest control issues you describe are unacceptable and not at all representative of our quality standards. In response to your post, we have met with our hotel staff and used your review to help coach them on room cleaning and inspection policy.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let us apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly. We hope that you may give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay America location in the future.
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My family and I are frequent guests of your hotels Extended Stay and Homestead. When we go on trips and vacations we make sure we find one of your hotels because we know our stay will be enjoyable and your staff are so professional and courteous. There is one local hotel in particular that I'd like to share with you my experience there. The Extended Stay in Montgomery on Eastern Blvd. Me and my husband recently had us a Stay-cation for our Anniversary in October, just to get away from the kids and the hussle and bustle of evetyday life. The property itself is always clean and well groomed, you can see that just by passing by on the blvd. The front desk clerk was extremely friendly, knowledgable and professional. We had no trouble checking in on short notice and our room was perfect, just like all the other out of state locations. I have and will continue to refer your company to all of my friends and family. And not to mention the prices are so affordable. From check-in to check-out my visit was excellent. I'm giving your company, your management and the staff at this location a thumbs up. This week there is a huge Annual College football game happening in Montgomery, and I didn't hesitate to refer your Montgomery locations to friends and family coming in from out of town. Thanks for great experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Scott M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Montgomery - Eastern Blvd., responded to this review, November 23, 2012
It was very kind of you to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Montgomery - Eastern Boulevard and we thank you for your loyal business. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers and know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers just like you. We are firmly committed to guest satisfaction with clean effective rooms at any affordable rate and were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. Coupled with our staff providing professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest we understand this offer is compelling.

In closing, please allow us to express our utmost gratitude for your business and comments in this forum.
Montgomery, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I am frequent guest of the Extended Stay family hotels and i believe in customer service. The room was up to date and most importantly clean. I was completely satified with my experience at this location.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Scott M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Montgomery - Eastern Blvd., responded to this review, November 21, 2012
First and foremost please allow us to thank for your continued business. Whenever we read positive comments like yours, particularly about great guest service and cleanliness, our entire staff appreciates the proclamation of a job well done. Our goal is to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. Having Extended Stay America Montgomery - Eastern Boulevard as a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area and we sincerely appreciate all of your kind words.
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Cracked cealing, leaky faucets, soggy carpet, raggedy bathroom - for $50/night, you can do *much* *much* better!!

I stayed here for a quick business trip and I've actually stayed at this *same* hotel several years ago. It doesn't appear that the management has kept up with the wear and tear at all. To add insult to primal fear, the entire room seemed to have a "moist" quality that made me question whether the beds were clean. I didn't see any stains however, I kept thinking about that Dateline episode where they went into the hotel with a blacklight <shudder>...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Scott M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Montgomery - Eastern Blvd., responded to this review, November 8, 2012
We recently received a copy of your review of our Extended Stay America Montgomery - Eastern Blvd. location. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why it was so disappointing to read your post. Please accept our most sincere apologies.

We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why our mission is to provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price that guests want to come back to. The room condition on the Hotel you describe is totally unacceptable and not at all representative of our quality standards. In response to your post, we have met with our hotel staff and used your review to help coach them on room cleaning and inspection policy.

Been to Extended Stay America - Montgomery - Eastern Blvd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Montgomery - Eastern Blvd.

Address: 2491 Eastern Blvd., Montgomery, AL 36117 (Formerly Extended Stay America Efficiency Studios-Montgomery)
Location: United States > Alabama > Montgomery
Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #64 of 75 Hotels in Montgomery
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Montgomery - Eastern Blvd. 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Extended Stay, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Montgomery - Eastern Blvd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay America Montgomery
Extended Stay Montgomery

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Montgomery - Eastern Blvd., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.