“Horrible Hotel!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Roof Inn Montgomery

Save Saved
You added Quality Roof Inn Montgomery to your Saves list
Quality Roof Inn Montgomery
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5601 Carmichael Road, I-85 Exit 6, Montgomery, AL 36117 (Formerly Red Roof Inn)   |
Ranked #56 of 73 hotels in Montgomery
Baton Rouge, LA
“Horrible Hotel!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

Old and worn out. Restless nights of sleep felt dirty and creepy from possible bed bugs. Sheets were not changed. Hair I guess from previous guest were throughout the sheets. The front desk clerk wanted me and my guest to use the elevator to get to the second floor where our room was located, I decided to take a tour around the grounds. OMG! The swimming pool was dirty and filthy. Full of dirty brown water. Housekeeping entered my room before I could check out, did not knock on door just entered and stated she thought the guest had checked out and it was only 10 o'clock am. The housekeeping lady waited outside the room until I was ready to check out. Never again. I am a regular at Redroof hotels and this place need to close its doors.2

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

45 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Leesburg, ga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

This hotel was clean, located in a nice area, the staff was very accomodating and friendly. It was generally the normal kind of hotel you find in that pricerange, good sized room, clean bedding and linens. Visitors were a little loud, two bus loads of some young adults stayed the second night and were a bit noisy outside and in the hallway. Breakfast was ok, just the basics, oh the coffee was horrible...sorry, but seriously they need to change brands.... Overall a relaxed atmosphere and decent place to stay.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Montgomery, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2010

We would stay again at Red Roof Inn. The staff was kind. The rooms was clean. We sleep peaceful.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

I would like to say that I was very impressed with the quality and service of this hotel. I was traveling on business at the last minute, and Red Roof Inn was able to accommodate me. From the friendly hotel clerk and the other staff, I was happy with my stay. The rooms were clean and quiet. I will stay again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Melbourne, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

We stayed here overnight on a roadtrip to Denver. It was relatively cheap and accepted dogs which was our main reason for staying here. We arrived around 8pm and there was one person on reception. We did not receive a very pleasant welcome from the man who just checked us in "matter of fact" and that was it. The room was only just ok. It had a very funny smell about it, not sure how to describe it. There was a rip in one of the sheets. The bed was uncomfortable and bumpy. The bath was terrible and needs to be resurfaced, it was so bad we didn't bother having a shower the next morning as we couldn't bring ourselves to get in it, it was grey and peeling. We didn't have the free breakfast as we got up early and left before it was being served, so cannot comment on that. I would not stay here again and would not recommend it to anybody. The only plus point was they didn't charge for dogs.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Monroeville, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2010

My husband and I was in Montgomery on business and we stayed at the Redroof in on carmichael rd. when we entered the room it smelled musty and it had a broken down chair. My husband called the front desk and asked for another room and we recieved one but it hadn't been dusted because it had baby spiders and the tub wasn't clean and had meldew stains. It was just getto and people were blocking the walk way sitting in chairs outside drinking beer.I kept one eye open all night.I was sooooooo glad to get out of there and I told my husband never again. We want be staying at anymore redroof inns.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
RRI_MGM_MNGT, Manager at Quality Roof Inn Montgomery, responded to this review, November 8, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Montgomery Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies. I can assure you that your concerns are being discussed and are taken very seriously. We are addressing the issue to make sure this never occurs again. Thank you for your feedback and I hope that when you are in the Montgomery area again, you will stay with us again, so we can show our best practices.
virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

Several hours after we checked into room 148 my oldest daughter found some bugs crawling on the wall next to her headboard. I crushed one and brought it to the manager, he stated he did not know what kind of bug it was. My husband suspected bed bugs and we checked out immediately. An hour later the same type of bug fell off my daughter engorged with blood. We found several bite marks around her neck. Checking the internet we found tthey were bed bugs.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
RRI_MGM_MNGT, Manager at Quality Roof Inn Montgomery, responded to this review, August 25, 2010
We took action on this ASAP. Unfortunately pest control was unable to find anything in the room. To ensure the safety of all our guest, we had the room treated as a precaution. I apologize for your experience here and greatly appreciate your feedback.

Been to Quality Roof Inn Montgomery? Share your experiences!