“Baby moon gone bad” 2 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Montgomery Downtown

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Montgomery Downtown to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Montgomery Downtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   120 Madison Ave., Montgomery, AL 36104 (Formerly Madison Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double HHonors Points!
Ranked #14 of 73 hotels in Montgomery
Tuscaloosa, United States
“Baby moon gone bad”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

If I had gotten the room I requested, the sheets weren't dirty and the bath towel I picked up to use wasn't-it may have been a pleasant trip. The dead bug on the floor didn't make anything better. But at least the second and third issues were corrected. I just expected more from the Hilton brand.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

170 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Mobile
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stay here for business fairly often. Have stayed at all of the downtown hotels and this is the nicest. Rooms are like brand new and are kept very clean. Room service is good and there is a nice bar in the lobby. Parking is onsite and adequate.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The parking is a bit of a squeeze, check in was fine, a warm cookie was handed to us which was very enjoyable.

The lobby is nice, bar in the middle, high ceiling, but the rooms around the edge of the atrium do look a bit like a British council estate. Our room was clean, new and well appointed. The menu at the restaurant is very limited and the food was not very nice, the service pretty slow and disinterested as well. Same at breakfast.

We didn't venture out much in Montgomery, we were stopping on the way to Nashville to take some pictures and read some history, but I got the feeling the area around the hotel had lots of historical monuments (Dexter Avenue King Memorial Baptist church, Capitol building, Rosa Parks memorial bus stop and the Civil Rights Memorial are all really close) but no bars/cafes/shops/restaurants anywhere nearby.

The air con was pretty loud too.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This is one of my favorite hotels. It's located right in the heart of the city so that makes it easy to get anywhere I need to go. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, the food is great and the staff are always helpful and friendly. I have stayed here several times and I'm sure I will come back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

West monroe, la
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

I have been to 5-6 doubletree hotels before. This hotel is worse than 2 star hotels. I couldn't understand how this hotel can get 3 stars. This hotel should be excluded on their group.
Too noisy!! Building vibration!! I am so disappointed, and am feeling sorry to my family to stay in awful hotel for the 1st day of our vacation. If you are lucky, you will be just fine. OMG!!
Still, there is party until 12:30 am, and the music is vibrating room.

• Stayed July 2014
Foley, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel was wonderful!!!! I enjoyed everything about my stay. I did wish there was a mini fridge to store drinks / water. The fitness room was great. Very modern. The beds were very comfortable. The hotel is walking blocks from the Renaissance where my conference was held.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Springfield, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I am a 200 hotel room a year traveler. This hotel was quite the mistake. Started with the check in. I was handed a cold partially cooked cookie, which I promptly threw in the trash on my way to park my car in the only available spot which was a very dark underground lot. I did not let my family join me after the first time out of fear for their safety. After that I walked to my room where I found the smallest bathroom I have ever seen. Which by the way does not have a bathtub. As I unpacked to the sound of sirens and a nearby train I noticed the phone had a bright red light blinking. Called the front desk to clear it up only to have it start blinking again. After two tries I ended up putting a pillow over it so that I didn't have to see it in the dark. By the next morning I was ready to leave the hotel and move on. My daughter is in the military nearby at the AFB. We will be visiting many more times, but never again at the DoubleTree.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Montgomery Downtown? Share your experiences!