“Based on a 1 night stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Montgomery - Carmichael Rd.

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Montgomery - Carmichael Rd. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Montgomery - Carmichael Rd.
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5115 Carmichael Road, Montgomery, AL 36106-3341 (Formerly Studio Plus Deluxe Studios)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #41 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Somewhere, USA
“Based on a 1 night stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

So far I am liking this extended stay! Amenities are nice (I believe I'm in a studio plus room) with a normal sized fridge, a table area, flat screen tv, etc. Sofa bed is a little small for 2 adults, but I guess that was to be expected. Wish they would put two extra pillows (instead of 1) and an extra blanket (not provided in room) for those using the sofa bed.
Bathroom is nice! Large, roomy, and clean, the bathroom was the best I've seen at an extended stay for a while. Hoping the rest of the stay is pleasant and I won't have to change my review!

Forgot to add though, as some have said before, the hallways smelled like smoke and for a non-smoker like me, that was not pleasant at all. Hope they will better regulate this.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Montgomery - Carmichael Rd., responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Mi - The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. We appreciate the kind words about our hotel; however, we apologize that you did not have an extra blanket and pillows in your room. In response to this feedback, I will work with our housekeeping staff to see what improvements we can make in this area.

I am grateful for the review you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at mon@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Meridian, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I was very satisified with my stay. The hotel clerk (I think her name is LaKendrin) was very nice and made my stay wonderful. When my 3 year old daughter accidently messed up her birthday cake going into the hotel, Ms. Lakendrin was very helpful in reccommending somewhere to get my cake touched up before the party. I found this to be very nice due to my personal problems were not hers but she saw how frustrated I was and helped me out. I felt a whole lot better about the cake situation after Ms. LaKendrin's reccommendations. The room was nice. Based on my experience with the hotel clerk, Ms. LaKendrin, her friendiness as well as her ability to make me and my daughters's stay fantastic, I would stay here again especially if all staff is as friendly as Ms. LaKendrin.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Theresa - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. Your comments in regards to the wonderful customer service that you received from our team are much appreciated. I am so glad that you were able to replace the cake for your 3-year old daughter's birthday!

Again, thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels.
Prattville, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Over the stay was horrible,from the rooms looking old & not what is advertise on the website to to the incident that happen last night,I was terrified I went to go to my car around 10pm and there was lady in the office just screaming and caring very loud ant the front desk clerk ,I quickly turn around and came back to my room ,never have I ever experienced something like that in my life...just very disappointed in the whole stay

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Montgomery - Carmichael Rd., responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Angela - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The incident you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, I am working with the entire staff to improve our action plan for handling situations like the one you described moving forward.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please contact me, at mon@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Sarasota, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The staff was very polite and quite friendly. The room was not pleasant. We arrived late and after visiting with family, went to our room very late, so I just put up with smell for the night. It was a non-smoking room and smelled like the bottom of an ash tray. The bed smelled, the pillow crinkled. During the day, the hallway smelled of cigarette smoke and to use the stairs at the end of hall, holding your breath was necessary if you didn't want to breathe in the smoke. The grab and go breakfast was just adequate.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Montgomery - Carmichael Rd., responded to this review, July 12, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am encouraged to read your remarks about our team; however, I am very sorry that your room smelled of smoke. Since your stay, our housekeeping staff has eliminated this odor so other guests will not be affected in the future.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at mon@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Roanoke, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We had come to Montgomery on a personal trip. Had stayed at other Extended Stays and assumed this would be of the same quality. I Was Wrong! Here are some Highlights:
1. Made reservation over 2 weeks before arrival, on day of arrival was called and told that the hotel was over booked and I could not have the room I requested and would have to pay more for a different room.
2. No elevator in hotel, this fact was not evident when making the reservation, If I had known this I would not have stayed there. Packing luggage for a weeks stay up the the 3rd floor was not pleasant.
3. Room was dirty and carpet had holes in it.
4. The pillows were feather pillows, very bad for my wife with allergies. Not able to find any staff to remedy the problem. Luckily had brought a pillow that my wife could use.
5. Staff ignored us, they were to busy talking with their friends who always seemed to be present and parked blocking guest cars.
6. Mattress on bed was old and lumpy, should have been replaced years ago.
7. Toilet in bathroom needed repair, it ran constantly.
8. Furniture was uncomfortable, desk chair was broken, there was no recliner as is normally found in most extended stays.
9. Sink was dirty, silver ware was dirty, kitchen in general needed cleaning, room was dusty.
10. Wireless internet was barely functional.
11. No place in building to take trash. When I asked a staff member I was told "Take it around back", around back was a dumpster back behind the building. They seemed annoyed that I interrupted there conversation with someone and did not offer to take care of my trash for me.
12. When I went to get some replacement towels they did not ask what I needed, they did not inventory what I brought down, they just took what I brought down and handed me a stack of towels and then went back to their conversation with a staff member.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Montgomery - Carmichael Rd., responded to this review, May 10, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The concerns with cleanliness in your room as well as the level of service you received from our staff is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have shared your comments with my team to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at mon@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

This is good place to stay. I stayed one day. Good staff and clean room. hopefully visiting again, I won't change a thing. Home away from home. Thanks for all the hospitally and warmth you showed in my stay there. Reliable and safe enviroment to be. Flat sceen TV with cable. Shower ready , kitchen to cook and utensils available if you want to cook. Free morning coffee available

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 219. The floor is clean and quite and reliable WIFI for all my gadgets
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Montgomery - Carmichael Rd., responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you so very much for your positive review of our hotel and for recognizing the efforts of our staff. Whenever we read comments like yours it always gives us great pleasure. We strive to provide a “home away from home” experience for all of our guests and it sounds like we did just that for you.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

We had to come to Montgomery on business. My husband found this hotel online. I had never stayed here or heard of it, but the pictures looked great. DON'T BE FOOLED! Our room was dingy, dirty-feel, the tub had mold around it. The walls were stained, the vent in the bathroom was filthy! Themattresses were stained and old looking. The carpet was terribly stained, as well as the couch! We laughed in utter disappointment as we compared the pictures in the brochure to our room. My kids slepted on the pull-out couch. It was disgustingly filthy, with dried urine and only God knows what else was on there. One of my kids woke up itching till she was bleeding from bumps all over! I too felt itchy the whole time!I was thankful we were only there for one night! This hotel is a flea bag! Don't spend your money or time. Based on my experience, this hotel needs to be reviewed by the health department and closed until that time! Further, whoever is the CEO of this company needs to make a trip to the Montgomery location to see the state of this facility because it does not resemble any photos it advertises! Horrible Experience; I couldn't wait until morning!

• Stayed June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. First let me begin, by saying I am sorry to hear about your children. Given our company's commitment to superior guest comfort, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

The experience you described is truly regrettable. We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay, which includes friendly service, clean rooms and comfortable surroundings. It sounds like your room was not up to these standards, and I can assure you that we take your remarks very seriously and have brought each of the issues you expressed to the attention of our staff. It is our goal to improve each and every day, in every way.

Been to Extended Stay America - Montgomery - Carmichael Rd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Montgomery - Carmichael Rd.

Address: 5115 Carmichael Road, Montgomery, AL 36106-3341 (Formerly Studio Plus Deluxe Studios)
Location: United States > Alabama > Montgomery
Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #41 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Montgomery - Carmichael Rd. 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Extended Stay, Tingo, Odigeo, Otel and Venere so you can book your Extended Stay America - Montgomery - Carmichael Rd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Studio Plus Montgomery

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Montgomery - Carmichael Rd., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.