“Not the best Laquinta” 2 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1280 East Blvd, Montgomery, AL 36117-2231   |
Ranked #28 of 75 Hotels in Montgomery
“Not the best Laquinta”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed here before in the courtyard area and it was fine a couple of years ago. But it has gone downhill this time. We stayed in the suite which was generally just ok, but the toilet seat lid was not a compatible shape to the toilet. (Too big)

The tub and toilet area were minuscule behind a closing door, where you had no room at all. Hard to describe but it could not have been smaller for an average size adult.

The is a different Laquinta next door, apparently built in this century.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Buffalo Grove, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

there are 2 La Quinta hotels RIGHT NEXT TO EACH OTHER. We believed we were staying in the one on Carmichael Rd. This hotel is motel. Old, dirty, bugs in the bathroom. Holes in the towels, the few we were given. Carpet is gross. I wouldn't take my shoes off. Either would my son. There is a bar about 100 yards away and the music was blaring till closing. Never will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My family & I decided to stay here because we have pets and it was affordable. Let start out by saying the staff was very polite. The gentleman at the front desk was courteous & the housekeeping staff was helpful. HOWEVER, the cliental was awful. I saw everything from a hooker, to pants sagging thugs knocking on people's door saying "room svc." Fortunately, the front desk looked into the matter. The women were swimming in the pool w/ more tattoos than a biker crew. They wore shower caps and du-rags in the pool instead of bathing caps. My poor kids were swimming in the pool w/ a cigarette bud & there were empty beer cans left behind. I will either pay more at another hotel and/or pay the same rate, but remain on the local Military base. Again, the customer svc was VERY nice, but the guests have left a bad taste in my mouth. Oh, the room was satisfactory and suitable for a night or two.

Room Tip: Perhaps the upper level would be a better choice.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Baskin, LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We travel often and are always looking for a value especially since we travel with a pet. After visiting many hotels in the montgomery area we settled here simply because there was no pet fee however, once we arrived and settled into the room it was a good size, comfy bed and it was clean. Definitely an older hotel and decor but so much nicer than I would have expected considering some of the reviews. I felt it was a great value since we always stay longer than a week and many places have a daily pet fee. While there I inquired if they had any rooms with kitchenettes and was shown an apartment, and a suite on the property. Not exactly a kitchenette because all only had microwave and fridge the same as the king rooms. I loved the suite for the price, closet space, and extra room for a living area as well as "kitchen" area with a small countertop. The only reason I wouldn't chose the apartment is that it did not have a full kitchen and the difference in price did not seem to reflect the lack of it. While there and seeing that I really was looking for a kitchenette the management did tell me that just next door was the LaQuinta Inn and Suites and they did have an apartment with a full kitchen and gave the name of the manager to speak with. We are at present staying in the LaQuinta Inn and Suites in their apt. which I will leave a review after I stay is complete. The staff and managment here were very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again. The only thing I did not like is that the entrance to the rooms was on the exterior but this is not out of the ordinary for older hotels. I was also pleased to see that even though some guests were not very thoughtful and left trash outside their rooms or on the grounds the staff was quick to get it picked up and care was taken to keep everything looking neat and clean. I also love that you can swim at either one of the hotels so if one pool is too busy I just go to the more quiet one to read or relax.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We were only at this hotel for two nights (one and a half really as our Megabus left at 2am!)
We got dropped on the opposite side of the road by the Megabus and then realised we had hardly any way of getting to the hotel. The road was SO busy, there was no sidewalks and no place to cross. We ended up getting a ride - literally across the road - from a kind local. So don't try and walk there - it's not a walkable area, and the road is very busy.

Anyway onto the hotel. We were early but they still managed to check us in with no problems. The room we were given smelled strongly of cigarette smoke which was awful. Aside from that the room was decent. It was clean and a decent size. There was some road noise which was annoying but you can tune it out.

The breakfast wasn't bad - pretty basic. Toast, cereal, milk, juice, muffin and yoghurt.
The bus stop was just down the road, but the bus only comes every 1.5 hours - you really need a car!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn Montgomery Eastern Bypass? Share your experiences!