“Recent stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 73 hotels in Montgomery
Nevada
“Recent stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We recently attended a wedding in Montgomery and stayed here for 5 nights. A number of the wedding guests stayed here as well. Our room was in building 2, lower floor and quiet. We talked to someone who stayed in building 7 and they said the freeway noise bothered them. We never felt unsafe. Most nights it was close to midnight when we returned to the hotel. All the staff we interacted with were friendly. We hope to come back in July for a veggie run.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Gwen B, General Manager at Residence Inn Montgomery, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us!!

I am sorry your friends had a disruptive stay due to the interstate traffic. In the future should the noise become a distraction, we have white noise / sound machine’s available at the front desk. When making your reservation, please request a room away from the highway and we will make every effort to place you in a quieter area.

It is about time for that Veggie Run!! Hope you come back to stay with us.

43 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

The property was fine. A clean and comfortable room and pleasant front desk staff. I did think it was odd that I was required to sign a 'standard' form stating that I would not engage in drug use nor have a party on the property. I realised why later when I left to find a restaurant for dinner. The area at one time was probably nice, but it seemed rundown and not safe at night. Apparently, they have experienced criminal behaviour in the immediate area and for this reason only, I would not stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013
We are glad that you were pleased with your stay at Residence Inn.

Unfortunately, we have had to inform our weekend guest that we have a zero tolerance policy for parties or disruptive behavior. The signature on this document is a simply an acknowledgement of understanding of this policy. I apologize that this seemed odd or uncomfortable to you. We try our best to maintain an environment that is comfortable for everyone and have found this policy to be somewhat effective in doing so.

We have very few incidents that cause disruption and fortunately we have had little criminal activity in our area. We are diligent in making every effort to maintain the safety and security of our property.

Should your travels bring you back to the area, I invite you to stay with us again. Hopefully, I have cleared up any concerns that you had about our No Party Policy.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us.
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

My one bedroom suite doubled as my office while traveling in Montgomery. I slept well and got a lot of work done. The location isn't great- the highway is loud and there isn't much nearby. I also didn't feel entirely safe with the outdoor entrances and no visible security cameras.
That said, I would absolutely stay here again. Having a full kitchen and an oven in this suite made it feel like home. Solid residence inn.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you so much for choosing Residence Inn while in Montgomery. We appreciate your candid review of our property!

Unfortunately the interstate noise can be very disruptive. We have white noise/ sound machines available at the front desk to help alleviate this distraction.

It is our goal to make Residence Inn your Home Away from Home. I am glad we were successful when you were with us!

Should your travels bring you back to Montgomery, we hope to see you again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

When we needed a night away from home and closer due to activities in town, Residence fit the bill. Breakfast served with smiling faces, clean cozy rooms felt secure. We were thrilled with everything.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is our goal to exceed the expecations of every one of our guests.

Should your travels bring you back to the area, we hope that you chosse to stay with us.
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We have stayed here before. Staff is friendly. Breakfast area is clean and well stocked during breakfast. Luggage carts were in use and the staff offered to help us with getting our luggage to our car. Room was very comfortable. We definately will return in the future.

Room Tip: We were on the upper floor. Very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your compliments! We take pride in providing excellent service to our guest. We strive to exemplify true Southern Hospitality at Residence Inn. We want to be your Home away from Home when you are in Montgomery, AL
Lynn Haven, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

First time in Residence Inn by Marriott. I was very impressed, from check-in to check out. It was a two-bedroom suite, with private bath in each bedroom. Very comfortable beds, TV. Included a "common" living area between the bedrooms with TV, fireplace, and nice modern kitchenette with all necessaties, serving counter and stools. Chaise lounge, recliner. Both bedrooms w/private doors, so that others can still enjoy the common area without disturbing the bedroom occupants. Left my iPad charger in the room, and they found it and shipped it the next day. I definitely would recommend this to others and will definitely seek them out for future travel. Great value for product. Also furnished meals and "happy hour" nosh....nice place to stay.

Room Tip: lower numbered rooms seem to be further from the highway noise....but noise was minimal
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your travel review. Nothing makes us happier than to hear that we have suceeded in meeting our guests expecations!!

Hope to see you again when you are in Montgomery.
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

My family stayed here over the holidays in a two bedroom suite. Nice space and very nicely remodeled. There is not much sound insulation between floors so we could hear everything above us. Also, there were a lot of people outside of my room talking on night well past midnight. I had to call the hotel to ask for someone to talk to the offenders. Again, I heard the talking because the walls are this. Breakfast was OK - not great but they did have homemade oatmeal that I enjoyed otherwise breakfast was lackluster. They do have steamed rice and some type of kelp dish for people who prefer an oriental style breakfast. Wish they had logs for the fireplace as I'd have liked to use that. We ran into another problem when it came time to make the sofa bed. I called ahead to ensure linens would be in the room but found out at 10:00 p.m. when I went to make the bed that the sheets were for a twin size bed. The sofa bed was a queen so that didn't work. The hotel staff got me another set of sheets and, again, I was given a queen bottom and a twin top. The hotel staff explained that the sofa beds used to be twin before their remodel and that they thought all the old twin sheets had been removed - obviously not! All of this was very frustrating when all we wanted to do was get to sleep.

This hotel isn't a bad place to stay and the price is really a value - you get an awful lot for the money.

Room Tip: Take a top floor if you don't mind lugging your bags upstairs.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying at Residence Inn while in Montgomery. We are dedicated to proving service that exceeds the expectation of our guests.

I can understand your frustration with the bedding issues for the sofa bed! I apologize for this unfortunate experience. We have taken corrective measures to alleviate this issue.

It is only with the candid feedback from our guest that helps us to improve our service. Thank you for your insightful comments.

We hope that you will return Residence Inn when in Montgomery.

Been to Residence Inn Montgomery? Share your experiences!