“Comfortable with great extras” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Hotel & Montgomery Conference Center

Save Saved
You added Embassy Suites Hotel & Montgomery Conference Center to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Hotel & Montgomery Conference Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   300 Tallapoosa Street, Montgomery, AL 36104   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #15 of 73 hotels in Montgomery
Homewood, Alabama
“Comfortable with great extras”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

The room, even though next to elevator, was very comfortable. My roommate and I enjoyed having the living room separate from the bedroom. She was a night owl and I am a morning dove. The best part is a great receptions at night with beverage and snacks and then the wonderful breakfast. My veggie omelet was cooked perfectly to order. The staff as very accommodating.

Room Tip: Book directly with the hotel. They will give you a good price and the "booking" sites get...

307 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I really wanted to give this hotel 5 stars due to the quality and cleanliness of the rooms. Even though the rooms are dated, they make a good effort to keep it very clean and comfortable. That is where the goodness ends. I had 2 adjoining rooms. Both of our clocks displayed the wrong time, so we called the front desk because we couldn't figure out how to reset them. I was rudely informed that only maintenance can reset them and that they had gone home for the night. So I asked for a wake-up call. You would have thought I personally asked the girl on the other end to stay up all night and come to our room to wake us up at 4:10AM. She was SO rude. I really wish she had given her name. She actually said, "fine whatever" when I told her I needed the wake-up call! I didn't have faith in the call, so I set my phone as a back-up. Good thing I did, wake-up call never came! I wanted to complain in the morning when I checked out, but there was no one manning the desk that early in the morning. Again, really wish she gave her name, I would call the manager right now. But I guess if I was that horrible of a person, I wouldn't give out my name voluntarily either. We unfortunately left too early to try the breakfast, so I can't give an opinion on that. Embassy Suites -- for the price, I should be treated better than a piece of garbage!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Rob A, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Hotel & Montgomery Conference Center, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I apologize if you found one of our front desk staff members to be unfriendly and rude toward you when you asked for your wake-up call. I can assure you that your satisfaction is our main concern and I have personally spoken to our front desk staff so that this does not occur again. We always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected and I can assure you that your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise.

Again, I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope you give us another chance to serve you, if you travels bring you back to our area. Please know that your business is incredibly important to us and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered.
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Generally good value. Hotel is in a good area, downtown Montgomery. Hotel rooms typicall of embassy suites. Moderate facilities. Security a concern for me..didn't see it. Had to pay for parking. Good staff and service, however, food is much to be desired. Terrible breakfast with automated coffee and food. Not fresh.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. While I was delighted to read from your review that you found our hotel to be conveniently located and that you found us to be a good value, I am sorry that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay.

I sincerely apologize if you were disappointed in regards to our breakfast. I am very sorry that you found it to be sub-par. I can assure you that your feedback with be taken into consideration to improve the quality and section of our breakfast items. We strive on providing our guests with an exceptional stay and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that issues you mentioned in your review are corrected. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guests experience and I will keep your review in mind.

Raleigh
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We checked into room 216. Upon arrival the thermostat was set to 76. The room was humid and way to hot. We set it to 68 and went down to the managers reception. After getting back, the room was still hot. So we called hotel front desk. They said that someone would be right up. After a 30 min wait, no one came. We called the front desk back and told them no to come. The fan/ air conditioner ran the whole nigh and was not blowing out cold air.
Room service food was luke warm and tasted overly processed and not freshly cooked. The hot water in the bathroom was again luke warm to cool and would not heat up. The furniture was worn. The bed was so soft that every time my husband rolled over he woke me up. We are gold Hilton Honors members and this hotel was not up the normal standards.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I apologize if you had some inconveniences during your recent stay at our hotel. I am sorry that you’re A/C unit was not working properly. I thank you for bringing this to my attention so that I can follow-up with our maintenance staff to resolve this issue. I can assure you that your satisfaction is our main concern and your comments are incredibly important to us. We always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected and I can assure you that your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise.

HUNTSVILLE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The atrium with its streams and waterfalls is breathtaking. The staff was wonderful, and answered questions about local sites knowledgeably.

The pool area is lovely; hate that we didn't think of bringing our suits! The only negative is that the hot tub was empty.

The complimentary breakfast was sumptious and more than adequate.

Jonesboro, AR USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

This property is located in a great part of the town with access to the old train station and other downtown attractions. The room furnishings are a bit below other Embassy Suites I have visited but still adequate. The morning breakfast was great and omelet chef was first rate! The staff was friendly made me fell welcomed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Ardmore, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Whether checking in quickly, cleaning off a table so we could have time for breakfast or helping with movie rental the entire staff handled all with care and a smile.

Enjoyed fresh fruit in the lobby, nice spot to have a piece of fruit. makes you feel like you are at home.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel & Montgomery Conference Center? Share your experiences!