My self and my family often book at this hotel when I return home to visit. This past October I Checked in the Hotel was, from apperance, up to par. After settling into our room about 4pm my son came to me and stated that the bathroom toilet was leaking. Being the man I went in and check it out, thinking maybe he just overfilled the toilet, unfortunatly it was the water line coming into the toilet. I shut off the line placed all my towels on the floor to suck up the water and called the front desk to get someone up to repair it. Myself and my family left to visit friends and they said they would have it fixed and replace the towels in the room before we came back. We made it back to the hotel around 11pm local time and no work had been done. My wife called the front desk again and was rudely told that it was too late for the maintance to come and fix the problem that we would just have to wait and then had the nerve to hang up on her. She then Called the customer service # about the issue and they informed us that we would need to contact the hotel manager. We again tried the front desk and the same rude receptionist answered the phone and very rudley this time stated that the Manager was unavailble and that we would have to wait until the morning. The next morning around 10:00am, after not having anyone come to the room or call, my wife called the front desk again and spoke to the LaShun Johnson, the Front Office Manager, and she finally had the maintaince guy come up and repair the broken line, which took him all of 5 min. We checked out a couple of hours later and again spoke to Ms. Johnson and she apoligized and stated that because I had booked our stay online that they would not be able to discount the stay or refund any monies, that was fine we book at this hotel probalaly about 6 times a year. She then stated that she had my address and would send my family a gift card to make up for the inapproated service. We waited until the middle of November and still didn't receive a card, letter, phone call or anything. My wife decided to e-mail Hilton in reference to the incident and with-in a day received a response from Ms. Johnson, the Front Office Manager, stating "I would like to apologize to you about the incident that happened at our hotel. I truly apologize!
I will mail you your gift card as you were promised.
Sorry for any inconvenience."
It is now January and I've still not recived any other response from this issue, hinse the complaint on TripAdvisor. I have since been back to Montgomery on 3 seperate occasions and have refused to book at this hotel, simply due to the customer service. Over the last 8 years, since I have move away I have probalay spent upwards of $5000.00 at this hotel and am a proud HiltonHonors member but I'm pretty sure that as much as my family likes the accomidations, after this experience, I will never book at this Hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites Montgomery - Hotel & Conference Center is located in historic downtown Montgomery, Alabama. The hotel offers the best stay of all Montgomery hotels, whether you're traveling on business or looking for a family vacation. The Embassy Suites Montgomery - Hotel & Conference Center combines our upscale full-service all-suite hotel with outstanding service and accommodations, with a convenient location right next to the city's historic Union Station and Montgomery Convention Center downtown. The hotel is just off of Interstate 65 and nine miles from the Montgomery Regional Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Embassy Suites Hotel & Montgomery Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Hotel And Montgomery Conference Center
- Embassy Suites Hotel & Montgomery Montgomery
- Embassy Suites Montgomery Hotel
- Montgomery Embassy Suites