“Not as good as it should be” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Hotel & Montgomery Conference Center

You added Embassy Suites Hotel & Montgomery Conference Center to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Hotel & Montgomery Conference Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   300 Tallapoosa Street, Montgomery, AL 36104   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #20 of 73 Hotels in Montgomery
Montgomery, Alabama
“Not as good as it should be”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My self and my family often book at this hotel when I return home to visit. This past October I Checked in the Hotel was, from apperance, up to par. After settling into our room about 4pm my son came to me and stated that the bathroom toilet was leaking. Being the man I went in and check it out, thinking maybe he just overfilled the toilet, unfortunatly it was the water line coming into the toilet. I shut off the line placed all my towels on the floor to suck up the water and called the front desk to get someone up to repair it. Myself and my family left to visit friends and they said they would have it fixed and replace the towels in the room before we came back. We made it back to the hotel around 11pm local time and no work had been done. My wife called the front desk again and was rudely told that it was too late for the maintance to come and fix the problem that we would just have to wait and then had the nerve to hang up on her. She then Called the customer service # about the issue and they informed us that we would need to contact the hotel manager. We again tried the front desk and the same rude receptionist answered the phone and very rudley this time stated that the Manager was unavailble and that we would have to wait until the morning. The next morning around 10:00am, after not having anyone come to the room or call, my wife called the front desk again and spoke to the LaShun Johnson, the Front Office Manager, and she finally had the maintaince guy come up and repair the broken line, which took him all of 5 min. We checked out a couple of hours later and again spoke to Ms. Johnson and she apoligized and stated that because I had booked our stay online that they would not be able to discount the stay or refund any monies, that was fine we book at this hotel probalaly about 6 times a year. She then stated that she had my address and would send my family a gift card to make up for the inapproated service. We waited until the middle of November and still didn't receive a card, letter, phone call or anything. My wife decided to e-mail Hilton in reference to the incident and with-in a day received a response from Ms. Johnson, the Front Office Manager, stating "I would like to apologize to you about the incident that happened at our hotel. I truly apologize!

I will mail you your gift card as you were promised.

Sorry for any inconvenience."

It is now January and I've still not recived any other response from this issue, hinse the complaint on TripAdvisor. I have since been back to Montgomery on 3 seperate occasions and have refused to book at this hotel, simply due to the customer service. Over the last 8 years, since I have move away I have probalay spent upwards of $5000.00 at this hotel and am a proud HiltonHonors member but I'm pretty sure that as much as my family likes the accomidations, after this experience, I will never book at this Hotel again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This hotel has become our place to stop on the way to and from the gulf beaches. First, it's an Embassy Suites which means the complimentary manager's reception in the evening and cooked to order breakfast the next morning in addition to the standard two room suites. But this property is within walking distance of several restaurants, clubs and other attractions which makes it a great place to stretch your legs after a few hours in the car. The staff is great with many having been there for years. They will make you feel at home!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Titusville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stayed at the Embassy Suites on 12/26...given the time of year it was not at all busy...few people overall. We very much enjoyed the Managers coctail hour...5:30 to 7:30 with unlimited drinks of your choice plus nice snacks...we also found that you can order a drink at the cocktail hour and take it in the cafe with you...very nice...we also had a nice dinner in the cafe with great service....then in the morning there was very nice breakfast with an omelette station included also. The room was very large with an extremely comfortable bed...room was very quiet also. Overall this was a great stay with a very accomodating staff. Can't go wrong. As if this was not enough we got an absolutely terrific deal on PriceLine for our stay.
The only negative comments were that the wifi was for a fee as was parking.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Oxford, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I like Embassy Suites and got a good rate. If I could give an extra half-star I would. Overall the hotel was nice, if slightly worn around the edges.

There were no sheets in our room for the pull out sofa so we had to call down. This was quite a wait late at night, but otherwise our room was nice. I think we were upgraded to larger a corner room. I met my cousin across the street at the Renaissance Hotel for a beer. It is a nicer hotel but of course the rates are higher! But it's a plus that it is there, since you can just cross over and enjoy their bars.

Embassy Suites generally has a nice breakfast. We stayed on a Saturday night and I called to confirm that the restaurant didn't stop serving on Sunday until 10:30 a.m. We went down at 10:10 a.m., and got our stuff. There was quite a wait for the omelets, but that was okay. My kids decided they wanted to go back for some yogurt and found that everything was shut down, even the drink machine. I checked my phone and the time was 10:32. We weren't the only ones still eating, either.

Just so the management will know, when a restaurant stops serving at 10:30, that means that people who walk in before that time are allowed to eat. So in fact the flow of food to those who arrive at that time isn't supposed to be cut off for 15 or 20 minutes, at least. For them to rush and switch off the drink machines at exactly 10:30 so that the diners already in the restaurant couldn't get a refill on their drink, and for them to immediately snatch up all the yogurt and other items is just ridiculous. So to anyone staying here, you will want to arrive at least 45 minutes if not an hour before they quit "serving" to eat breakfast, otherwise you may have to stop mid-meal.

New England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I travel for work a few times a year, and don't often get to stay at Embassys, since they aren't on my company's list of the "preferred" hotel chains. However, all the Embassys I have stayed at so far have been very nice, including this one.

The hotel staff was attentitve, the free breakfast buffet had a variety of choices, and the ground floor of the hotel was beautiful--I love the plants and waterfall. Embassy hotels tend to have the nicest ground floors out of any other hotel chain I've stayed in.

I do have to subtract a point for the fitness room. I like to run, and all three of the treadmills in the fitness room weren't working properly. The first one I tried had an incredibly loud screeching sound, and on the second, the button to increase the speed didn't work, so all you could do was walk at the slowest speed. On the third, the button to decrease the speed didn't work. I like to do interval training and had already increased to a full-out sprint before I found this out. Since there was no way to slow down, I had to stop the machine completely and then start it back up again.

I hope the Embassy can update the fitness room, because otherwise, this is a great hotel choice.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hampton, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

This was my annual trip to Montgomery. We always come for the annual Turkey Day Classic game. I do not think that they were ready for the number of guest that was here. When I checked in the room that we were assigned to was not ready but we were given another room. That was fine but since I am a Hilton Honors Gold Member I am entitled to a snack when I arrive to my room. They told me that it would be sent to the room but we never got it. I do not like rooms near elevators but the room was right across from it. (I actually have this on my profile with the chain.) our closet did not have a door and we did not have coffee in the room. Most of this or all of this could have been taken care of with a phone call but I do not want to be the guest that wants to squeeze every penny out of my stay. I expect hotel to do their job and provide what they offer. Manager's reception is now just a come drink for free event. No manager seen and the snacks offered are less than desirable. Not enough staff to handle all the guest.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Rob A, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Hotel & Montgomery Conference Center, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry that your stay wasn’t as exceptional as it should have been. This is not typical of our hotel and staff. Every guest is very important to us, so I have addressed these issues with our team to ensure that our future guests are taken care of. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience what Embassy Suites is known for: truly award-winning hospitality. Thank you once again for your comments.
Jacksonville, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

The hotel only has paid parking to start with. The room was not really clean and the housekeeping service was lacking. The evening manager's reception was a few chips, salsa and snack mix with the emphasis on the free alcoholic drinks. There was NO COFFEE in our room. There were an inadequate number of towels wash cloths. The breakfast buffet was mediocre, at best. They ran out of food before the breakfast hours were over. When the front desk was asked to request guests standing in the front door smoking move away from the doors we were told they could not tell them what to do once they walked out the door! Really! I thought the drivethrough was still their property. Overall, I would not recommend this hotel in any way.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
I am very sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are sorry for the inconveniences that you endured while staying with us. We want you to know that we have addressed our entire team in regards to your review and we will make the necessary corrections. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider giving us another chance.

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel & Montgomery Conference Center? Share your experiences!