“very convenient” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 75 Hotels in Montgomery
Knoxville, Tennessee
“very convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Hotel is located on Carmichael Rd., just off a major thoroughfare and just off the interstate. Everything that was of interest to my party was within a three mile radius. Plenty of restaurants, shopping, and recreation. We were easy driving distance of Lagoon Park. My only complaint about the location is a lack of sidewalks. I did not see one sidewalk in this area so walking would be hazardous at best. The rooms are clean, the lobby nice, and the employees courteous.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Donny H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Montgomery, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thanks so much for your review and we appreciate your patronage very much.

Have a GREAT day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Korean first
Jasper, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Because we are Marriott Rewards members, we try to find hotels of that brand. I have found however, that Courtyards are "hit or miss". This one is somewhere in between.

Our room is spacious and comfortable for a regular king. The bathroom area could use some work. The bathtub faucet was nearly impossible to set at a proper temperature. Once we shut that faucet off, it dripped for about ten minutes.

The hotel is also in an extremely busy area of Montgomery. While this can be expected when looking for a hotel near the highway, if you are uncomfortable driving in very busy and confusing areas in the dark, you might want to keep this in mind.

If I have to stay in Montgomery again, I might choose a different hotel in the Marriott brand.

Room Tip: Choose the third floor on the side not facing the highway.
Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Donny H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Montgomery, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Thank you so much for your response. Plans are presently being made for the renovation of this hotel and it will become more of what you are accustomed to when staying within this brand. We hope you will once again give us the opportunity to provide that "Service" you should expect in the near future.

Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

We had to attend a funeral north of Montgomery, AL. Stayed here afterwards for one night and headed home the next day. Check in was easy. Front desk staff greeted us very sweetly and gave us a choice of rooms. Also gave us good information on where to eat. Hotel was clean and quiet. Whole hotel is non-smoking - which is awesome. I would recommend this hotel. One note - b/c hotel is so close to highway our GPS tried to put us on US 85 - so be careful. We did not hear highway noise at all btw.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Donny H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Montgomery, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thanks so much for your kind review. We hope to see you again if the need or desire arises.

Thanks,
Baker, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

The hotel was in a perfect location. It was really easy using the hotel as a central meeting point. We were able to venture out in all directions and were easily able to find our way back to the hotel. There was plentyof things to do in the area and it was easy to find things to do a little further out from the hotel. My party and I had a wonderful time in Montgomery. I would use this location again if/when I visit Montgomery. The staff was very helpful.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Donny H, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Montgomery, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Hello,
Thanks so much for your kind remarks and we look forward to being of service to you during your next visit to our area.

Be blessed,
Tn.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Maybe we had the worst room, but it was very worn and not up to Courtyard's cleanliness standards. The were several holes in the drapes. We first thought there were stains on the sheets. When we took a closer look we saw the discoloration was from the sheets being so thin. You could actually see thru them.

Check in was fast and friendly.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Donny H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Montgomery, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
I truly respect your opinion. We realize the hotel is in need of renovation and it is scheduled for 2014 which will include the new lobby concept as well as rooms. As the manager of the hotel, no one is more concerned than I. We will continue to provide the service that you have come to expect, as well as deserve, with Marriott and are looking forward to being able to offer a newly renovated hotel in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Great hotel. Close to the interstate. If you have urban fears, or prejudices, this is not for you. This hotel is in an urban part of Montgomery...so no picket fences. But, the staff is knowledgeable. The rooms are immaculate (although it is an older hotel, I couldn't find evidence of wear). And, the showers get HOT!!! So, I was truly excited about THAT!

I stopped by and checked in before my performance at a wedding reception with Compozitionz, and had no problems. The desk clerk was helpful. When I returned that night, I had a message on the room phone. It was the desk clerk making sure everything was satisfactory with the room and details on what I needed to do if I required anything else. THIS bumped my normal 4 star rating to 5.

CUSTOMER SERVICE MATTERS!!!

This will be my hotel of choice when working in Montgomery from now on.

-Larry Jericho (Compozitionz)

Room Tip: Look around the area before going to the hotel. EVERYTHING you need is within 0.2 miles! Starbucks...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Donny H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Montgomery, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Hello,
Thanks so much for your kind review. As I have always stated, if you don't have great service, it doesn't matter what else you have. Look forward to providing that same level of service, if not better,upon your return visit.

Thanks for your patronage and knid review!
Decatur, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

I was traveling with a friend to Montgomery for a workshop, so we only stayed overnight. The room was adequate and bedding very nice. As two women traveling alone, I would have been more comfortable on the 2nd floor as there are patio doors instead of windows. We had a courtyard facing room so it was OK, I really wound not have wanted a parking lot facing room with the patio doors. The room was perfectly adequate for overnight, but the most outstanding thing about this hotel was the customer service. They were pleasant, friendly, and very responsive--way above the norm.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Hello,
I truly appreciate your kindness and wonderful review. We always take Customer Service as our number one priority. If we can't take excellent care of our guests, we have nothing left no matter how fantastic the other amenities are. Hope to see you again in the near future.

Have a fabulous holiday season,

Respectfully

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Montgomery? Share your experiences!