“Overnight in Montgomery” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 73 hotels in Montgomery
Shalimar, Florida
“Overnight in Montgomery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Stopped in while driving for a quick stop. The price/value is above average to me. So many motels in the USA are no longer clean. This one was clean. Continental breakfast was good and serving started at 6AM on Saturday.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful rooms... pool was very filty... hot tub in photos doesn't exist at all... no handicapped access to pool as promised... the handicapped room we had didn't have any accessible shower... my mom had to wash in the sink

• Stayed August 2013
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Excellent Hotel! Very friendly staff, room was awesome! We stay here every time we come to Montgomery, AL. Our friends recommended this hotel as a great place to stay. They always recommend this to friends. We were very happy the first time and so stayed again the next 2 times we have been there. Very clean. Very comfortable bed. The last time we was in a suite for the same price and the couch was comfortable.

Room Tip: We have had rooms on both sides and they were equally quiet!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

The room was squeaky clean! The breakfast was good. Var at the front the front desk was very nice to us and took great care of us! The hotel was in a great location for what we needed. I will recommend this to any of my friends that happen to be staying in this area!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Picture this. We are arriving after midnight. So I call ahead. Having made a reservation on Priceline, we call the hotel to make our usual reasonable request. Non smoking. Two double beds for a family of four. And for the first time in using Priceline since its debut, we were given a flat no.

The hotel had given us a one king bed smoking room. But we have 4 people: two adults and two large teenagers.

We can't put them in one bed. Can you switch the room?

I can't do that, says the desk.

I am an asthmatic and can't sleep in a smoking room. Can you switch the room?

I can't do that, says the desk.

Are there non-smoking rooms with 2 double beds available?

Yes, says the desk, cheerfully.

Can you switch me to one of those rooms.

I can't do that, says the desk.

How can I get one of those rooms.

I can take your reservation, says the desk.

Will it cost extra.

Yes says the desk.

How much will it cost.

$85 for the room, says the desk.

That is 50% more than what I paid. Can you not just switch the room?

I can't do that, says the desk.

Every hotel I have ever stayed in has been able to make that switch if there were rooms available. Can you please switch the room?

I can't do that, says the desk. You have to cancel your reservation and then I can book you a new room.

Why can't you do that?

I don't know how?

Can you call you call your manager?

I am the manager on duty.

Upset. Can you just cancel our reservation.

I am sorry. I can't do that. You have to call Priceline.

At this point I called Priceline and got real customer service. On reflection this horrendous experience can not be wholly blamed on the hapless desk clerk.

It is obviously a failure on the part of management who has provided such poor training that the clerk did not know how to operate the company's own reservation system. And their failure to teach its staff to reach out to her manager to resolve the situation reflects on poor management.

I will do my best to avoid Sleep Inn in the future. Instead, I will Sleep Out.

• Stayed August 2013
Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Var, at the front desk was great. She pleasantly and quickly responded to any request we had. Very nice hotel. Hotdogs, chips and cookies weeknights, Mon - Thurs. We had the grandchildren so it came in handy even with all the good restaurants in the area. We have stayed here before. The only complaint I have is with the cheap toilet seats.

• Stayed July 2013
Piedmont, South Carolina, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

This hotel was OK. The lobby was clean, as were the rooms. The breakfast was plentiful with lots of seating available. The hotel advertises Wifi, but has a known issue with the router. I am a nurse and I take after hours calls and log them into my computer in real time. I had to walk down and call SEVERAL times to have the router reset. I explained my situation and the necessity of an internet connection. No one was too concerned. They just told me they are about to replace the routers. We actually almost switched hotels that night because it forced me to do all of my calls back entry as downtime calls the next day when we reached our destination that actually had Wifi. This is not looked upon well by my employer. Another issue was with the pool. The picture online actually shows two pools. A small children's pool and a larger pool. It is clean and beautiful in the picture. In all actuality the small pool was filled in with concrete, and very poorly I might add, a long time ago. The pool area was a mess without the slightest resemblance of the picture on their website. I actually let my son's friend pick the hotel based on the pool pictures online. We love Sleep Inn and tend to seek out this chain, but this was a huge strike for them. I called after I got home from the trip and I felt like the situation was not handled well and not taken seriously. I was actually quite nice about the whole thing and the lady asked me what she needed to do to make me happy. Her tone suggested I was just a complainer but I have never called to complain after a hotel stay. I was a little shocked by the response I got so unable to give her an answer she gave me 2000 Choice points to put in my account. Considering a reward night STARTS at 30,000 points, I consider this very poor compensation for a night's stay that cost me hours in back data entry and affected me negatively professionally. This is my first negative review on Trip Advisor. The hotel has potential. The customer service leaves a lot to be desired.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites East Chase? Share your experiences!