“Great Southern Hospitality At Quality Inn” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Governors House Hotel & Convention Center

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Montgomery
The Governors House Hotel & Convention Center
You added The Governors House Hotel & Convention Center to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2705 East South Boulevard, Montgomery, AL 36116 (Formerly Quality Inn & Suites Convention Center)   |
Ranked #56 of 73 Hotels in Montgomery
York, United Kingdom
“Great Southern Hospitality At Quality Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2008

Every time I stay in Montgomery I stay here. Number one, it has a great suite with ample room and a nice jacuzzi for two. The rooms are clean which goes a long way with me. The staff are friendly and ever so helpful. I have not had one problem with this hotel. Anything I have needed they have been there to assist me. I go the extra mile each time to get the suite. I just can't get over the space in the living area. You feel like you are at home it is so big!

• Liked — Spacious rooms and great check out time!
  • Disliked — Maybe it could use a fresh coat of paint, but that is all I can think of.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
montgomeryhotels, General Manager at The Governors House Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, September 13, 2011
I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for your stay. We value our guests' feedback. Your business was appreciated! I would like to let you know that this Hotel is now under new management. Please mention this response and receive 10% off your next reservation. Discount is not valid with any other offer. We look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2008

I enjoyed my week long stay in this hotel. The room was large and clean
--no smells. Good weekly rate. 12:00 check-out. Good internet. They have HBO and Showtime. Plenty of towels. Refridgerator but no microwave. Pet friendly. The staff was nice. Anytime we are in Montgomery we will stay here. I have had some bad experiences in some of the area hotels but my stay here was a pleasure.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Murfreesboro, TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2007

We made reservations online and had no problem checking in. The lobby was clean and nice. The hotel does show its age in some area. The room was clean but needs to be updated. The main room is pretty spacious but the bathroom and vanity area are very small and cramped. It tooks several minutes for the hot water to reach our room. On the day after check-in, housekeeping took out most of the dirty towels and the shower curtain. The problem is they did not replace them. We had to call the front desk and they sent a maintenance person with a new curtain. The two closest ice machines were broken and I had to walk over to another building for ice. We were not informed on our last morning that the restuarant would be closed due to renovations. We walked up to the entrance and there were rolls of carpet all over. They had some bagels and muffins in the lobby instead. Overall the price was reasonable but I have stayed at better places for the money.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Housekeeping, broken ice machines, breakfast
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to The Governors House Hotel & Convention Center? Share your experiences!