“Another Fantastic Drury Inn Experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Drury Inn & Suites Montgomery
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1124 Eastern Blvd, Montgomery, AL 36117   |
Ranked #4 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Owensboro, Kentucky
“Another Fantastic Drury Inn Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Yet another wonderful stay at a Drury Inn! The Drury Inn Montgomery features all of the amenities you expect to find at a Drury including free breakfast, 5:30 kickback, free internet, workout center, indoor/outdoor pool and more. The staff was exceptionally friendly. The room was large and clean. The beds were soft and comfortable. The hotel is conveniently located right off the expressway and very close to a ton of restaurants and shopping. We happened to stay right in the middle of a youth soccer tournament so the swimming pool was teeming with wild and out of control kids. We yanked our little ones out sooner than they would have liked out of safety concerns. This is no fault of the hotel though. Even with the boisterous guests, everything was still quiet and our sleep was not disturbed. We checked in just before the end of the 5:30 kickback and were disappointed to see that staff was already clearing out the food even though we had made it in time. We still managed to each get a plate though. Breakfast was no problem and staff did an excellent job of keeping the crowds filled with food and drink. I have nothing bad to say about the Drury Inn Montgomery so if you’ve been pleased staying at a Drury before, there’s no reason you won’t like this one too.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Birmingham,Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed at this hotel the day after Alabama States's first football game. It had a great staff and security. The pool was wonderful and so was breakfast. It had ample parking and was located literally, directly off the free way. This is a freebies galore hotel. They had free wifi and breakfast which mattered the most to me.

Beds were soft and rooms weer well insulated from freeway traffic and noise of other guests.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Drury Inn & Suites save my vacation after I left Florida. We needed a indoor pool and the kids needed a place to swim. Drury breakfast , and evening meal was just what made our stop in Alabama great. It was worth every dime I spend at the Drury Inn

Room Tip: Get a room on the back side of the hotel are quieter
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Paducah, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stopped at Drury Inn at Montgomery Al on our way to Panama City Beach. We were warmly greeted upon arrival. Our room was very clean. We enjoyed the Kick Back meal for supper. We slept well and enjoyed a hot breakfast prior to checking out. We are planning on staying at Drury Inn at Franklin,TN on our way home. We are always pleased with Drury.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Madison, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

This was my first experience at a Drury Inn. I was very satisfied. It is quite large and busy. The room I had was huge and provided at a substantial discount; the clerk didn't give me a reason why she discounted it, but I was very grateful. Reading the prices online made me think the cost was prohibitive, but seeing the reviews here with not a single report of bugs, I figured it was worth it. So getting the discount made for a much less stressful stay. I stayed three nights.

You are provided a punch card for three free alcoholic drinks per evening. That seemed rather excessive to me and made me wonder what exactly the purpose was for that other than trying to attract business travelers or college students who might enjoy getting schnockered. There was apparently hot food in the evenings, as well, but given it was in the same room as the free drinks, I did not investigate. I'm not a prude, but I was traveling alone and didn't need to advertise that to a bunch of drunks - in a hotel. When I arrived there was a large group of college age people. Adding alcohol seemed like it was going to make for a noisy night, and there was a bit of noise. I was glad when they left.

Breakfast offerings were substantial, much more than the standard hotel fare. Biscuits, gravy, sausage, potatoes, eggs (didn't care for those - they tasted strongly of butter), oatmeal (already made in a pot, not the instant packets), instant grits packets, make-your-own waffles, bread, bagels, muffins, doughnuts, apples, not-yet-ripe bananas, yogurt, hot chocolate, tea, coffee, juices, only 2% milk. There was peanut butter and jelly to make sandwiches or put on bread/toast/bagels, and there was cream cheese. They had brown sugar, granola and raisins for your oatmeal. There was always plenty of space to sit at breakfast.

The bed was comfy. The room was clean. The noise from the halls and adjoining rooms was more than I would have liked and a little surprising. For the most part, people were considerate of their neighbors. Other than the aforementioned rowdy group of young adults.

The room temperature is controlled with a thermostat. It was wonderful. When traveling in Alabama in summer, I have been so cold; so many hotels turn their AC down to 64 and I've had to wear a sweatshirt to bed to stay warm. The only reason I can see for doing that is to hide an odor. That was not the case here. The room was a comfortable temperature when I entered, and I was able to adjust it just right throughout the day and night.

The associates were polite but not particularly outgoing. The associate staffing the breakfast area stayed busy and kind of in the way; she was so busy pushing the potatoes around, I had to wait a long time to take some. This happened each morning as she would hover and fuss, and she seemed annoyed that people were there taking food that she would then have to reorganize and restock. She didn't have much to say to anyone other than other employees. I tried to stay out of her way.

So, good price, nice room, good breakfast, strong wifi, no bugs.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Our family recently took a 12 hour drive to Destin, Florida. We stopped on our way and stayed at the Drury Inn Montgomery. We love Drury hotels because of the free evening meal, drinks, and breakfast. This hotel did not disappoint. The lobby area and dining area were clean, new, and nice. Our room was clean and nice. The pool was not open during our stay, which was a bummer for our 5-year old twins, but we understand that these things happen sometimes. We found a coupon for our stay (at one of the hotel coupon books at a rest area) and the front desk honored it without any problems. It made the room very affordable.

I would stay here again. Great hotel!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Pensacola
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

It's been a few years since I stayed at this hotel. I was surprised to find that it was still in the same great shape and had the same excellent service as it did years ago. The staff is cordial and efficient. The rooms are spacious and spotless. Pool and hot tub were clean and there were plenty of pool towels available. The evening snack (not to be confused with the sodas and popcorn being served all evening) was a meal in itself. Salad, raw veggies, chilling, chips and salsa, hot dogs, chicken strips, Mac and Cheese plus a bar with complimentary adult beverages were served in ample quantity. I've stayed in resorts that aren't as nice as this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Montgomery? Share your experiences!