“good old fashion hamburger” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 370 Restaurants in Montgomery
Cuisines: Hamburgers
Montgomery, Alabama
“good old fashion hamburger”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is a great burger and family managed with friendly services. Not a great scenery and much room to dine in but worth getting more than one to go. I agree that your wait time is less if you call in first, but worth the wait if you do not. Family seem to be huge Alabama fans, but will serve Auburn fans too,.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Prattville, Alabama, United States
“Get a cheeseburger!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Get a cheeseburger with everything! It's delicious! This place is only open for lunch - I recommend calling in an order and going to pick it up. There isn't a lot of seating, but the burgers are amazing!

Opelika, Alabama
“THE best burgers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Don;t let the location - almost under the I-85 underpass next to storage rental buildings - or the building construction - cement block building - fool you! inside they are grilling hand-made (as you enter!) burgers (cheeseburgers, too) with lettuce , onion and tomatoes straight from the farmers market. Nothing fancy inside or outside - You get chips - NO FRIES. And a canned or bottled soda or bottled tea. Prices are easily cheaper than the fast food places. You might need to call ahead - they are always busy and seating is limited at 6 tables or at the counter. But that is Ok cause there are usually newspapers laying around and friendly people to talk to while you wait. Sitting next to you might be a State Senator or the guys laying asphalt up the road - cause EVERYone in downtown Montgomery eats there.
They serve breakfast, too, but I haven't had a chance to try it since I don't live in town. I can't imagine it isn't just about as good as the burgers I eat for lunch, though. They have carry-out. parking by the building is limited, but lots of space in the lot across the street.

Visited October 2012
Grady, Alabama
“Weird location, great burger!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Our banker recommended Hamburger King to us for lunch, as it was close to the bank and was well-known in the area. We followed his easy directions and were skeptical when we pulled up. We headed inside despite the unusual exterior. The inside was just as weird, with white paneling and very outdated furniture. The service was very friendly, and our order was written on a white paper bag. The seating is very limited, but we managed to get a table anyway. I ordered the deluxe cheeseburger with everything. They don't do fries, but they have bags of chips and there was a pretty decent selection of those. Our drinks came in a can but we didn't mind. The burgers were very good, with a very soft bun and fresh toppings. I personally didn't think it was the BEST burger I've had, but it was definitely worth the trip. It was around $12 for me and my husband to eat lunch. Not bad!

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Best burgers, shady location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

My husband and I ate hear after reading tons of great reviews. They were the best burgers I've ever had! The location is shady and makes you wonder if you're in the right place, but it's worth it! You order at the counter, wait for your meal and then dig in!

• Visited October 2011