“Really Good Beach Experience” 4 of 5 stars

277-8300
Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 376 Restaurants in Montgomery
Montgomery, Alabama
“Really Good Beach Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

My wife and I have visited this beach-themed place several times in the last few months and find the food to be top notch. I generally shy away from any fried food, both because it can be unhealthy and it can be "greasy". Jan's has blown me away with their exceptional fried platter, which is almost more than you can eat, and is less than $10 on the lunch menu. My other favorites are the Gouda Grits as a side and the "Homemade" Bleu Cheese dressing, Tartar, and Roumalade sauces. We love the cleanliness of the place and can not believe that it was once an old Shoney's. The staff on every visit has been friendly and attentive. The owner Jan, seems to be there all of the time. She is constantly greeting and talking with customers and seems very hands-on. The interior of the restaurant has a more beach vacation type feel to it than many of the places that we have been to on the coast.
So far, we are big fans and we recommend Jan's to everyone.

• Visited June 2013