“Excellent night stop” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 73 hotels in Montgomery
Biggleswade, United Kingdom
“Excellent night stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Stopped here to break long journey down to coast. Hotel is close to freeway so easy to access albeit in a residential area so not that evident. We were warmly greeted by receptionist and checked-in very quickly. Room was great very bright and clean - it was a corner room so quite large too.

As we were there on a Tuesday we took advantage of the Homewood Suites evening meal - it was great - baked potatoes with a large variety of toppings - helped yourself - a good salad bar, plenty of wine/beer and lots of fresh fruit - only slight drawback dining area not very large so difficult to get a table to sit at.

Breakfast next morning was also excellent - the catering staff were all very pleasant and kept the area well stocked and clean.

If I needed to stay longer in the area I would certainly choose this hotel.

I had seen some other detrimental reports about the hotel - I must say I do not agree - it was a very pleasant expreience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Jason D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Montgomery, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Seniorsup,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. Great to hear that your overnight stop was a good one at our Homewood Suites! As you know, there are many components that make up a great stay and I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed yourself at our property from start to finish. Thanks again for your detailed review and we'd love for you to see us again on your next trip through Montgomery!

219 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I wrote a review for this hotel a few months back and it was less than positive. It truly was unfortunate that we had such an unpleasant stay at a chain that is usually so wonderful. Upon writing the review, I was contacted by Jason Deluca (the manager) and was actually thanked for my review! He said it gave them the opportunity to do better. He assured me that the pack and play cribs had been replaced with real cribs and my review had been distributed to the entire staff. He also FULLY refunded the cost of our stay. While we did have a bad stay at this particular hotel, receiving a refund made it a little better, but learning that they actually took my review to heart and made changes makes me want to give them another chance. Thank you for your excellent customer service in this area.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Jason D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Montgomery, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
NinaP22,

Thank you for the follow-up review after our conversation from back in June. You are very kind to circle back with the TripAdvisor audience to share your post-stay experience. In most cases where we speak to guests like yourself after the fact--what transpires and how we attempt to make up for it rarely reviewed. We take guest reviews, whether it be through Hilton surveys, sharing concerns at the property or posting on TripAdvisor VERY seriously. I have set high goals for the success of our property in terms of how we deliver the services that we provide. We certainly don't want problems to occur--but if they do, we have to respond and correct. The Homewood Suites brand is so confident in our product and the service standards that we must achieve that they back them up with the 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Anyhow, thanks again for your help so that we could tackle the issues you experienced and prevent them from happening again.

Take care!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

The staff here is very helpful and accommodating. I stayed here with my volleyball team, 5 rooms, and everyone was pleased. Satisfying 12 high school teenagers...great job. Dinner Thursday night, tacos, was delicious! All of the girls enjoyed it.

• Stayed October 2012
powellvb,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. Thank you for the kind remarks. We host traveling teams from time to time and we do what we can to make you all feel comfortable and at home while you guys are at the tournaments. Should you all play again in Montgomery, we'd love to see you all again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I encountered a few problems at this hotel; however, all of my concerns were quickly and happily dealt with. The room was clean. I was staying at this hotel for two weeks and wanted to wash laundry. Friday night, after an exhausting work week, I put my laundry into both washers with soap and went to turn on the machines. One started, and the other did not. I was really bummed because I had timed this chore so I would be finished in time to watch one of my favorite tv programs, Grimm. Now, my plan is messed up and I was not happy. I phoned the front desk with the phone in the laundry room. My call was answered immediately. Within 3 minutes a wonderful woman named Ruby was there. She offered what I expected, to repay the cost of my laundry and to replenish my soap so I could use the other machine when the first load was complete. To my surprise, she didn't stop there. I had expressed frustration over missing my tv program and she immediately offered to finish my laundry for me and bring it to my room!! I was completely shocked! I told her I would wait to finish the one load, but if she could bring the second to my room I would be grateful. She did exactly what she offered and right on time. Thank you Ruby for giving me time to decompress after a difficult work week!

Something I was concerned about from other reviews were the car break ins. I parked every night under the light in the front, if it was available. One morning I went to the car and found a note from the police dept that they had patroled the area and did not find any safety deficiencies in my car (nothing in plain site worth taking). It was a pre-printed form. I felt a little safer knowing the police perform regular patrols in this area. Also, I found this hotel to be in a safe area. I am a woman traveling alone, and do not want to end up in any sketchy areas. A local person also informed me this hotel was in a safe neighborhood.

I also wanted to say I really appreciated Cheryl at the dinner service! She has a great attitude and really cares if you have a nice meal. In addition, I have to mention the dinner service was better than expected! I ate there every night it was offered! This surprised myself, because I am a very picky eater.

One more thank you to give...Thanks to Quint for his MacGyver like skills in rigging the flush kit in my toilet to work until maintenance could arrive in the morning! The flush kit broke in the toilet (which can happen anywhere) and I didn't want to move rooms, so he made a temporary fix, which worked, until maintenance could arrive.

In summary, I encountered a few issues, but everything was taken care of very quickly and with great attitudes. I would definitely stay here again if I return to Montgomery, AL.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
kimtn2009,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I really appreciate the time you took to give a pretty thorough review on your experience with us. Our first and foremost goal is to make sure every guest has a great, problem-free stay every time. We really want our guests' stay to be seamless and hassle-free. If we fail to achieve that, our next biggest thing is to make sure we are attentive, responsive and problem solvers. We strive for this because we recognize with the best laid plans and preparations, something is bound to come up from time to time (while we really try to minimize those occurences). We've got a really good team here including everyone you mentioned---Ruby, Quint, Cheryl are all fantastic. I will be sure to pass along your kind remarks as they certainly appreciate it. Your feedback on the issues that arose are very valuable for us to tighten up. We addressed all of your concerns pretty quickly following your stay to try and prevent them from popping up again. We would certainly love to have you as our guest again should your travels bring you back through Montgomery. We certainly appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!

DC Metro
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

All I want in Montgomery is clean, quiet and maybe a pool. Even with a bunch of girls softball players in town for a tournament last month, i did not hear much noise and i slept well. This place also gave me very friendly and attentive service -- each staff member I encountered was polite and cheerful. I felt safer in this location in the office park than I've felt in other parts of town. Had to catch a very early flight so I can't comment on breakfast.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I've been staying here since the end of last month for a 10 month assignment in Montgomery. I travel all over the world for both business and pleasure and have to say that I have never felt so at home anywhere else. Bar none, it is the top extended stay hotel and defintely amongst the top 10 hotels I've ever stayed.

Jason and Antonio in management, Cheryl and her staff in the kitchen, and Sharon and her staff in room maintenance have become my wife and my new extended family! It is a genuinely friendly crew that pays attention to detail.

It is also such a nice touch that we have not only hot breakfast every day, but also delicious Southern homecooked meals on Mon-Thurs, one less thing to detract from my work! Today we had great tasty grilled hamburgers, with that great smokey flavor that comes from cooking on the BBQ; yesterday we had fall off the bone juicy rotisserie chicken; and the day before we had some of the best meatloaf I've ever tasted; I could go on and on.

There have been some very minor, but understandable issues throughout my stay: There were a few days when several teenage softball teams stayed for a tournament with their parents. They were a bit loud at times but not unbearable. However, when they came to dinner they descended on the food buffet like locusts decimating every in sight, the sheer numbers made it hard for the kitchen staff, who put on a valient effort to keep up (the parents decimated the beer and wine supplies as well, drinking way into the night!). Nonetheless, everything returned back to normal once they left.

The rooms are spacious and modern, the kitchen layout is very ergonomic, with a full fridge and plenty cabinets, and fully stocked with plates and silverware. The LCD TVs in each room are top of the line, and there's even a DVD player (with free movies to check out from the front desk).

All in all, can't think of a better place to stay for the next nine months!

Room Tip: Rooms on the left and in the back are the quietest.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We arrived to a friendly greeting and found our suite to be clean and comfortable. There was complimentary popcorn and WiFi and the bed was very comfortable.

Going down very tired and hungry and looking forward to our complimentary dinner was a different story. Firstly, there were no clean plates or cutlery or glasses. My husband found a plate in a cupboard and I found a cereal bowl and we looked at the stock of food that was there and managed to piece together a tiny meal as there was hardly anything out on the set menu buffet and to be honest, it was disgusting. Even my husband who eats anything, left it.

We had to wait ages for a woman to come out of the kitchen to ask for cutlery and she disappeared and didnt come back for what felt like 10 minutes. Our food was cold, but also inedible and flavourless. If the hotel is going to offer this service it either needs to be vastly improved or scrapped totally.

We ended up paying $15 for a frozen bread pizza and two beers from the hotel shop, but when we got back to the hotel room found the pizza was of the non microwavable variety, so with no oven I really don't see why the hotel would sell this. We then ended up ordering a Chinese, ordered for us by the receptionist who was very helpful in sourcing a menu for us.

Breakfast was just as bad, also poorly stocked. We had a yogurt and a croissant and left. There was very little else and the woman in the kitchen was just SLOW bringing out tiny quantities of food, throwing it down and disappearing back into the kitchen while guests poked around looking for anything they could salvage from what was there.

When we checked in we had a pre payment voucher for the room as we'd paid in advance, but were asked for a credit card for incidentals. When we got back home to England, we found that the card had been charged $120. My husband emailed the hotel and it took them 2 weeks to reply and acknowledge the error and were apologetic.

From a review below it appears that this is recurring issue and as only a fraction of guests leave reviews on this site, it makes me wonder how often this happens. It's a huge inconvenience to have to contact the hotel and have to phone credit card companies and place complaints. It makes me wonder if it's a scam by the hotel in the hope that guests wouldnt notice so they can profit.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Jason D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Montgomery, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
BuffyRocks,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor and providing insight on your recent experience with us in Montgomery. I apologize that our buffet style meal offerings were not the quality expected and we are sharing your feedback with our culinary team to take into consideration for services moving forward. Please accept my apologies for the billing mistake and for the hassle involved in getting it corrected. I assure you this is not a common occurrence and we do our best to avoid this type of incident. We look for reviews to provide insight, so I certainly appreciate your feedback. The next time you are in the area we would love for you to stay with us again.

Jason DeLuca

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Montgomery? Share your experiences!