“Montgomery's best country cooking! Great prices!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 377 Restaurants in Montgomery
Cuisines: American
Rdale
“Montgomery's best country cooking! Great prices!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

I have never had anything bad here! When ever we come to town we always make a point to eat here. The baked chicken and dressing with macaroni and collard greens are by far my favorite!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Good local meat and two...soul food sides”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

One of a kind in an old bungalow in a tired neighborhood. Chicken was good. Loved the candied yams. Butter beans. Good collard greens. Tea or punch comes with the meal. 9 bucks each. Unique experience, friendly folk and it surely beats the hell out of giving your hard earned cash to a giant corporation. Here you give your money to good hard working people. Leave a few bucks on the table. They kept our glasses full.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
USA
“A Real Taste of the South”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

On a recent road trip through the south, I promised myself that I would 1) eat well, and 2) eat a lot. Fortunately for me, Mrs. B's helped me do both! The restaurant is set up similar to a cafeteria where (most) patrons order a meal which includes a meat, two sides, and a drink, all for $9. You could also order a sandwich or other foods as well, though. I chose smothered chicken over rice, which was by far the best meal I had down south. The meat fell off the bones, the gravy was flavorful, and the rice pulled everything together.

I had collard greens and macaroni and cheese as my sides. Although it was the first time I had eaten collard greens, I can say that it won't be my last. The macaroni and cheese was deliciously cheesy, and baked just the right amount.The only problem was that it ended up getting cold because I was too focused on finishing my chicken.

My wife had fried chicken, mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese. Her only complaint was that the mashed potatoes were salty (I agreed). Also, after sitting down with our food, it took almost ten minutes for our drinks to arrive to our table. These were honestly the only shortcomings of the whole experience.

The location is right near Maxwell AFB in a residential neighborhood. The atmosphere is homey, warm, and simple-- the perfect place for 'homecooking'. My only regret was that I didn't spend more time in Montgomery to eat at Mrs. B's a couple more times. If I ever find myself within driving distance again, I know where I will be eating!

Selma, AL
“Superior Soul Food and Friendly Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

What a great meal we had today at Mrs. B's. Went there with four others and there wasn't a person who didn't like everything on their plates. Excellent fried chicken and smothered pork chops--both cooked to tasty perfection. Veggies included fried corn, rice & gravy, green beans, greens, lima beans, sweet potatoes, and macaroni & cheese. Everyone of them were delicious. Large portions and oooh-so-good! Servers came by several times to see if anyone needed anything or get drink refills. The restaurant is in an remodeled house. You enter the front door and go to the food line. After getting your tray and silverware, you choose your meat and veggies as well as roll or cornbread. There are desserts and sandwiches that can be ordered--but why mess with soul perfection!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“A gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stopped by on our way through town and ended up with the best soul food we've ever tasted! Incredible. Around $9 per person including drinks and more food than we could eat. It was awesome!!