“Good food and atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #164 of 362 Restaurants in Montgomery
Cuisines: Japanese
Montgomery, Alabama
“Good food and atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I were very fond of Shoguns so when it closed down we had to find a new place to call date-night worthy. We came here for Mother's day and the food was great, maybe even a little better than Shoguns. We will be coming back here very soon. They also serve the plum wine we love so much. It is a must try.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Missouri City, Texas
“Decent Tepan-yaki”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Dinner with friends was great. I hadn't had tepan-yaki for over 4 years, so I was really looking forward to this. The hostess greeted everyone at the front door with a smile and kind words. We had a large party (12) so we called ahead for a reservation. Table and private room were ready to go when we arrived and we were seated immediately.
I ordered a sashimi appetizer and Steak/Chicken Hibachi. The sashimi was extremely fresh. Presentation was splendid. Taste was divine. The cook was entertaining and funny, so the whole group was enjoying the show. His flare of presentation was limited but as I said was still entertaining. We had one guest who is allergic to seafood. Considerately, he cooked all of her dinner first and then started on everyone else's so as not to inadvertently expose her. Very commendable.
Food was cooked to perfection. I was missing some of the extras. i.e. fried garlic chips and more than just two presentation gimmicks but overall the experience was very good.
I would definitely recommend this for an entertaining first date, anniversary, or birthday. Good food and entertainment that won't break the bank. My bill was about $40 with tip included since we came with a large group.

• Visited June 2013