Dexter Parsonage Museum - Dr. Martin Luther King home
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 62 things to do in Montgomery
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Martin Luther King's residence from September 1954 to February 1960.
43 attraction reviews
“Great tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

This tour is more about the story than the place. The house is used as the vehicle to talk about King's background, how he handled the situation in the face of bigotry and intimidation, and how far we have come as a nation since the 60's. the docents are knowledgable and passionate about the civil rights movement.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
66 attraction reviews
“Tour provided by an MLK contemporary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Went to the parsonage and our tour guide was a retired teacher that went to the same church as MLK when he was a pastor and that lived through that period of history. Her perspective was amazing without being accusatory.

Visited September 2012
“Neat piece of history”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

I saw it when it wasn't open so I only saw the outside but I got a picture on his porch. :) cool. Also, Hank Williams gravesite is not too far from there. Down the road and turn a corner. I'd recommend seeing this house if you're like me and have a long bucket list of things to see.

Cincinnati, Ohio
40 attraction reviews
“One of the best tours of historical homes that I've ever been to!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I am so glad that my husband, children and me took some time to visit passing through on our way to Florida. The young man on the tour was so nice and did a wonderful job showing us through the home. From some original pieces of furniture down to my favorite red flowers in the kitchen; I walked away from this tour moved and honored to tour the inside of the home. THIS is a MUST DO if you're in Montgomery!

Visited August 2012
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

The tour was awesome and the young man provided us with wonderful and informative information. He knew his stuff and made us feel welcome. Because of that, I would recommend others to experience what I experienced. It was a great experience for my children and family.

Visited August 2012