“Best meal we've had in our travels!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Central is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 368 restaurants in Montgomery
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Tallapoosa St
“Best meal we've had in our travels!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We have traveled to quite a few places since my husband retired 2 years ago. We came to Montgomery for a family visit and wanted to slip away for a birthday dinner. After reading reviews on Trip-adviser, we chose Central. We were not disappointed!! Everything-from the appetizer to the entree was impeccably prepared and full of unique flavors. We could not remember having a better meal in any city we have visited in the Midwestern and Southwestern United States. The staff was professional, yet full of warm southern charm. We would recommend Central to anyone seeking a wonderful dining experience.

79% Recommend
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“A whole lot of yummy food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I ordered the pork chop and that thing was HUGE! I definitely had to get a doggie bag because there was no way I could finish the meal plus the sides. The food had a great smoky taste from the grill and the portions for everything including the appetizers were huge. You definitely get your money's worth. I enjoyed the atmosphere and the servers were friendly. I would definitely visit this restaurant again!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ladue, Missouri
“SOME OF THE BEST FOOD I'VE HAD IN YEARS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

After having been on the road for a week of non-stop travels, I found myself in Montgomery, Al for my final business meeting before the July 4th Holiday. Up to that point, just about every place I eat at was nothing to write any favorable reviews about. Well, that all changed once I had the opportunity to eat at the Central Restaurant located in downtown Montgomery. This place was amazing and beyond my expectations on many fronts. I tried the breaded pecan crusted baked boneless chicken breast that was simply wonderful. I also tried the meatloaf. OK, I know what you maybe thinking, "meatloaf" at a premium restaurant? Meatloaf maybe just considered as a comfort food and not offered at a classy place! Well, my views of meatloaf all changed as this clearly was the best meatloaf I've ever eaten in my life. It was thin sliced, it was cooked perfect (no blood) and the flavor spices they used gave it a southern kick of which energized my taste buds as never before. I had it with warm garlic mashed potatoes and long/green string beans. The service was also fantastic. I would recommend this eatery to everyone if you're looking for a place that's unique and very special, of course with food that needs to experience to believe. If I ever get back to that part of the country on business, you can bet that I'll be eating there again. Did I mention on how good the meatloaf was? I just needed to re visit that thought because it was simply the very best.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Austin
“Excellent lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

The service was excellent but food and especially the meatloaf made it worth the visit and the price. Calming atmosphere as well on a hot day.

Windsor, Colorado
“Two great meals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

So we had a business meeting on a Monday nite, had steaks and seafood at Central, was excellent.

Went back two nites later, had southern cooking: green fried tomatoes, grits, honey smoked duck quarters. The best ever. Had an excellent waitress, attentive, and excellent service.