“Hiker's Benedict...Oh MY!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Prattville, Alabama
“Hiker's Benedict...Oh MY!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We love The Egg and I. I've tried several menu items and everything has been delicious. I tend to try the benedicts the most and the Hiker's is my favorite. It is PLENTY of food so I like to have someone to split the entrée with. My daughters love the waffles and the chocolate chipper pancake. The prices are fairly reasonable, maybe a little more than your standard bacon, eggs and grits eatery but well worth it. You will not be disappointed with The Egg and I!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

89% Recommend
Millbrook, Alabama
“Good End to a Hard Shift”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I'm a RN at one of the local hospitals and me and my friends stopped by for breakfast after a long shift. Mind you they are only open for Breakfast and Lunch so no late night dinner dates here!

I ordered a rather spicy dish the Green Chili Chicken Hash. It was cooked nicely and my eggs were smothered in a green chili sauce all placed on a bed of ranch potatoes. Mind you it was spicy and had quite the kick! As for quantity there was plenty to eat and I was nicely filled. (after a hard shift most people are starving!)

Service was great and my water glass never stayed empty, and I drained it quite a few times. My coworkers dishes looked amazing as well and they had nothing bad to say to about them. Truly I'll be trying their breakfast burrito next time.

If you've got the time, stop by and have a hearty breakfast. They have a wide assortment of omelets as well as freshly made waffles.

Final bill:

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Irvine, California
“lots to eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

plenty different egg dishes. Eggs Benedict in many varieties. Very filling and well tasting egg based food.

Visited June 2013
Redondo Beach, California
“Good hearty food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

So glad we ate here. They have great service and no request is too small. Very busy restaurant which means good food!

Visited June 2013
Riverside, California
“Best breakfast place around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Just ate here for breakfast. I had never heard of the place and someone recommended it. It was amazing! I had a Parisian Benedict which was like eggs Benedict but on a croissant. They had various kinds of omlettes and waffles and other options with good ingredients. It was a delicious breakfast!

• Visited May 2013