“Redfish special” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Austin
“Redfish special”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Great night all around; sat outside on a cool summer night, waitress was incredible, buffalo shrimp are a must, then the redfish with shrimp topper - excellent.
Would highly recommend

Montgomery, Alabama
“Seafood in Montgomery, AL”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Wintzell's is a good place to get a meal downtown. It is near the convention center, river walk park and the ball field. We had a nice tasty meal.

Visited October 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Seafood, Service & Sweet Tea”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

This place was in my rear view as I explored downtown Montgomery. But something about the location and aroma called me back! The location, decor and menu were EXACTLY what I was looking for in partaking seafood from Alabama! My server, "The" Ray (his name tag built from playing with the DYMO label maker!) was awesome. He provided great recommendations and even if you didn't take them he had insight on whatever dish you chose. The shrimp, scallops and clams were super tasty. Southern and crispy. The crab cake (not so much). And the sweet tea is the perfect beverage for this southern seafood meal! Highly recommended dining experience.

Panhandle Florida
“Just fabulous... Awesome as always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

I try to eat here on every trip to Montgomery. And I'm never disappointed.

I tried the Fried Green Tomatoes for the first time today and "be still my heart"... So good. With the crayfish filled sauce... Uhhhhh... Just never had as good, not even in Savannah.

The blackened fish with shrimp and chopped fresh tomatoes over rice... just fabulous. I keep seeing reviewers unhappy about fried food... they don't need to order fried. So many wonderful choices without breaking or frying.

And... yes I had dessert. The coconut cream pie is just insanely good. I don't usually drink coffee but did with the pie. It was delicious.

Not enough good things can be said about my servers Melika and Alesha. They were perfect in every way and made my dining choice a very happy one. Thanks ladies for being great.

Birmingham, Alabama
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

This was the second best restaurant I ate at on my vacation. It was really good! I ate my first oyster there. We had bread pudding for dessert, OMG!!! The waitress was great; however, when we entered the building to be seated I didn't really care for the staff persons' behaviors. They were young and I'm sure still learning.

Visited June 2014