“Yum!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
North Augusta, United States
“Yum!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

The restaurant had a festive, party atmosphere yet I would've taken my 9-year-old daughter there. Service was great. We had an excellent variety of seafood dishes, all delicious!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

74% Recommend
Atlanta, Georgia
“Food, when hot, is great -- service...not so much!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Had a late lunch there last Saturday before a wedding I was in town to attend. I had checked out the website before I left home and being that I love seafood, I just had to go! I got there about 1:30pm and though they weren't crowded I had to flag someone down after no one came and greeted me at the table. The waitress does not get extra points on this review because I went to the bar and got water myself and then had to ask someone to check on my bloody mary which she seemed to have forgotten about. She then preceded to bring me a cold bowl of gumbo after telling me how good it was. After bringing me a hot bowl of gumbo - which actually was really good - I got down to the business of oysters -- a lot of them! I ordered the sampler platter of 16 oysters prepared 4 different ways. It was delicious and I felt guilty for wanting more but I had to go and check into my hotel. I'd visit again, but I would definitely need another waitress! LOL!

Visited September 2013
Michigan
“Great service and very good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Visited with family including two 2 year olds, their parents and grandparents, at a fairly busy time. Staff took care of us - asked for speedy kids meals to keep them occupied, then the adult meals came right after, the quickest service we've ever had in a seafood restaurant. Very attentive wait staff and very good food. We had oyster plates, plus a variety platter of grilled Gulf seafood. Everything was very enjoyable and we felt it was a good value at around $25 per adult. The décor is delightfully tacky and does lean toward a bar atmosphere. Good to see downtown Montgomery thriving - we will be back!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

I got the ribeye steak. If it would have had less salt, it would have been great, but since it was too salty, it was just good. Beer selection is good. Would go back again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jeff P, Manager at Wintzell's Oyster House, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review our restaurant. I wish we had used less of our Wintzell's Steak Seasoning on your ribeye. Please come visit us again, and let your server know to ring in your steak with light seasoning, or no seasoning at all. I promise you will love your next steak.
Covington, Louisiana
“Just order the fried platter and don't tell”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

You are in the South. Indulge in the bounty of the nearby Gulf and settle in for some deep fried goodness. Okay, so have them raw or boiled if you must but, seriously, if you've never had an oyster, crispy on the outside and creamy inside then it is high time you tried one.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere