“Clean and Comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 72 hotels in Montgomery
Birmingham, Alabama
“Clean and Comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We recently stayed two nights. The room was clean. The beds were comfortable. The staff was friendly. The breakfast was good. Our only complaint was the air freshener in the room - it was way too strong.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Christina T, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Montgomery, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
SWMW
Hello !! Thank you so much for choosing the Wingate Inn Montgomery. We really appreciate your presence. I did look into your concern about the Air fresher. We did try a new fragrance but there wasn't a air wick to be found! I did talk to our housekeeping staff making sure we are not over doing. Looking forward to seeing you and your family again. The staff here thanks you for giving us the chance to make your stay even better.
Tina

412 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
North Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed on a trip down to Florida. I reserved online and was checked in with ease. I couldn't receive reward points because I didn't reserve using hotels website. No biggie. Walked into a beautiful clean room that stank I mold. I should have walke back down to request a different room. I hoped that maybe the air needed turned up or something. That made it worse. The issue was the ac was holding water in the bottom of the unit and it was now moldy. You could hear water moving when the unit turned on to cool. When we checked out the next morning I reported it to the desk clerk. Would have been nice to have some compensation offered or a future upgrade or something but none was made. I have no idea if my report was turned in to management for repairs, but the king room on second floor-204 will just likely make you sick from mold. The breakfast was adequate. Typical fair with no boiled eggs though. I suggest picking up a small loaf of bread to carry outside and sit by the back pond to feed the ducks. A nice experience.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you Blue Rose2001 for your stay and your comments. Management did receive your concerns for the ac unit in the room, a work order was placed. We've called a third party certified worker to pull out the unit and inspect it. We Glad you enjoyed the ducks and the lake it one of my favorite place when the sun sets in the evening. When your in our area again please call and ask for Tina Trammell to make your reservation. We are always looking to better our service.
Tina
Anchorage, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

The management and staff were very friendly and helpful. Additionally, the management and staff went the extra mile to make our stay comfortable. The rooms were clean and in good condition. I would recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Fort Wayne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We didn't get to check in til late and checked out pretty early so I didn't get to experience as much as I'd like. But it was a very decent room. I liked the view if the pond. The bed was not that comfortable . The breakfast was good.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Montgomery? Share your experiences!