“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 75 Hotels in Montgomery
Mpls, MN
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2010

We found the rooms to be quite large. The bathroom was large (much larger than in most motels). It was very clean and the beds were extremely comfortable. Even the hallways were wider than normal. The only downside was the continental breakfast. There was little variety and only 3 tables to sit at.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Boston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2010

Stay started in a sort of annoying way. Desk clerk wouldn't give us the rate we had seen on Hotels.com, so we had to go to the parking lot, borrow a wireless signal, and book it online. (I don't get this -- the hotel has to pay a fee to the web site. Why would they want to do that instead of offer me the best rate themselves? Oh well.) The rest of the one-night stay was fine, but my wife complained the entire time about the room smelling "like a diaper." I didn't notice it at all until the next morning, but then, in one particular spot in the room, it hit me. It was pretty gross. Overall, the stay wasn't that bad, but that one smell pretty much ruined things for us.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Locust Grove, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2009

I stayed here last week as I went out of town for Christmas shopping. The room was great, the staff was friendly, and everything went perfectly. I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
Chicago, llinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2009

I stay at this once every 2 weeks. I checked in with a young man who was great. He guided me to all the near restaurants around the area and also told me places that I could get discounts from. I checked in to the room and it was phenomenal. The room was so clean and smelled so fresh. The beds were so comfortable that I was going to ask the hotel if I could purchase one. In the morning they serve breakfast which was complimentary and it was perfect. They had hot biscuits and gravy which filled me up right before I head on the road. Overall my stay at this hotel was amazing. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone that is passing through Montgomery.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
New England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2008

Days Inn Montgomery, on Troy Hwy, is a much newer building than the Days Inn Midtown Montgomery that I also stayed at. So the rooms were newer and a little nicer, but the breakfast was quite not as good. The location is also on the south east side of Montgomery, so it's not as centrally located. You won't be able to walk to any restaurants or stores if you might want to. It's a longer drive on a busier highway to get to restaurants or stores, but there is a Walmart and a Winn Dixie supermarket within a mile. The room was clean, the window can be opened a couple inches for fresh air, and the bathroom is nice with plenty of hot water in the shower. The front desk staff were all helpful and friendly. The motel has interior entrances. I stayed here for 9 nights and paid $54 a night plus tax. Wired internet worked fine. There's no guest laundry in the motel but there is a laundromat 1/4 mile north on the highway.

The breakfast area is just a portion of the lobby, with only seating for 6. There were only two types of cereal (raisin bran and frosted flakes), apple or orange juice, bagels, muffins, danish. If you like calories the best breakfast feature was a jumbo waffle maker. There is no little refrigerator in the breakfast area to keep the pitcher of milk cold; the pitcher had a tube down the middle that was supposed to have ice in it, but sometimes they didn't add ice. I had no trouble with the milk spoiling right after they put it out, but wouldn't trust it to still be good at the end of the breakfast period. I was staying several days so I bought my own milk and kept it in my own in-room fridg. There was also a microwave in my room (every room); both worked well. Locals told me the south side of Montgomery is not such a good area; I had no problems with the area this motel is in.

• Liked — New clean room
  • Disliked — Chlorine smell in water
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2008

If you are traveling south and want to get through Montgomery before you stop for the night, this is a good place to stop. The room was spacious and clean, with microwave and refrigerator. It was also quiet. Breakfast was the usual budget hotel stuff. The only problem was that there seemed to be nowhere around to eat supper. We took the hint from the "key" and called for pizza. Big mistake. It took them over an hour to deliver. The desk clerk later told us that store was way across town. We will probably stay here again next year, but will either eat something before we get there or order from a pizza place that is closer!

• Liked — large, clean room
  • Disliked — no restaurants nearby
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
NW suburbs of Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2007

This is a nice hotel. The staff was friendly and the hotel was quiet and clean. The room was spacious and clean. We did not use the pool or eat the continental breakfast so I can't review those but overall I would say this is a very nice hotel.

• Liked — the rooms were spacious
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Days Inn - Montgomery / Troy Highway? Share your experiences!