“The staff was amazing!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Candlewood Suites Montgomery

Save Saved
You added Candlewood Suites Montgomery to your Saves list
Candlewood Suites Montgomery
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9151 Boyd Cooper Parkway, and Eastchase Parkway, Montgomery, AL 36117   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #20 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Russellville, Arkansas
“The staff was amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Great place to stay! We were on orders through the military and decided to bring our kids. I wish we would have gotten a bigger room, because we stayed for two months. Everything else was beyond satisfactory! Again, the staff was very nice and helpful!

• Stayed September 2013
Katherine W, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Montgomery, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback; it allows us to take your comments and share them with our entire staff. Our entire staff strives to make each guest feel like they are at home and give them best possible experience when they have be away from their home. We are please to hear that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay and we look forward in having you stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Montgomery, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

The beds were very comfortable and the rooms very large. The hotel was near many good restaurants and in a nice part of Montgomery. The management was quick to resolve a minor issue I had. I would definitely stay here again. Thanks to Kat and her staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Katherine W, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Montgomery, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
On behalf of our staff, I would like to say a big Thank You, for the time that you took to send this review! We are so very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and it was our pleasure to meet you and your family! We hope that if your travels bring you back to our area, that we see you again!
Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We have recently started going to Montgomery to visit the casino in the area. As the casino doesn't have a hotel the nearest place is a section of Montgomery called Eastchase. Eastchase is a great area with good restaurants and shopping. The Candelwood appears to be a newer hotel in area,' one of the IHG brands. Check in was great, the staff very friendly, and if you have read some of my other reviews, being a platinum member helps with room choices.

The rooms had everything you need, we were just there for a night, but if you are staying longer also a good choice. Candlewood is the budget option for IHGs extended stay brands, the Staybridge Suites up the road is a bit more plush, if you need that, we found the Candlewood just as comfortable in the room. Probably the main difference, no breakfast at the Candlewood. The room was clean again very comfortable. There was ample parking, and also food choices within walking distance, Cracker Barrel and Waffle House to name a couple.

Great place when visiting Montgomery and particularly the casinos, it is about 10 miles from downtown Montgomery. Sure have seen a lot more winners at the Montgomery Casino compared to Harrahs Cherokee, where we normally visit. This may become more the norm, especially with the Candlewood being not only very affordable, but nice. Extra bonus, they accept pets!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
We are so happy that you chose Candlewood Suites while you were in Montgomery, AL. We were grateful that you took time out of your schedule to share this wonderful feedback.
By telling us what you liked about your stay , you are helping us deliver superior experience for you and other guests in the future and for that we say Thank YOU !!!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

I checked into this hotel Friday July 12. I have never stayed at a Candlewood before so really didn't know what to think. When arriving at the desk to check in I was greeted by 2 people Kynthia was one person and she was training a young gentleman. They made me welcomed by their warm smiles and laughter. These two were working hard while other guest were giving them trouble for no reason but they continued on to smile and take care of everything. I will have to say this is my hotel now everytime I come to Montgomery al. Thanks for everything you guys. You guys did a great job.

• Stayed July 2013
Katherine W, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Montgomery, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review of Candlewood Suites Montgomery, Al! I’m happy to hear we were able to host your overnight stay while in the area. We’ll be sure to pass on your kind words to Kynthia regarding her customer service. Again, we appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you again while traveling to the Montgomery area.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

My family and I got a room here and we opened the door to our room only to find that it was already occupied. We went back to the front desk and they appologised and gave us another room. About an hour later my wife and son had went to the gym, while they were gone I hear a card key in the door and it opens up and its a total stranger standing in my room. I have never had a hotel mess up rooms like this before, it makes me wonder if anybody was in my. room while we were at dinner. Needless to say I will never stay at this hotel again

• Stayed July 2013
Katherine W, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Montgomery, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Please accept my apologies for the issues you encountered during your recent stay with us. We are bringing a new person to our team and they got confused with the room numbers. This was an honest mistake that does not happen at our property. This will not happen again and would love a second chance when you guys visit the Montgomery area.
Montgomery, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the Candlewood Suites in Montgomery, Alabama and we were pleasantly surprised. We’ve stayed at Candlewood Suites before in other towns when we travel, so I knew what to expect as far as the rooms, amenities, etc. What set this particular Candlewood apart was the availability and friendliness of the staff. We were always greeted with a smile and all of requests were fulfilled promptly. I would definitely recommend the Candlewood Suites in Montgomery whether your trip is for business or pleasure.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for choosing the Candlewood Suites for your stay here in Montgomery Al. I will make sure I share it with the staff on how they made your stay even better. They work very hard to give out the best customer service in the Montgomery area. Hope to see you again in future stays.
Flowery Branch, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

From the outside this newer build hotel looks like a nicer place than it is. I walk up the entrance with trash literally overflowing from both trash cans. The hallways did not get vacuumed the whole week I stayed. The same fuzz, strings, styrofoam that was left there all week made me wonder how clean my room actually was. The bed and I had a bad first night, I could never get comfortable my whole stay.

On the bright side the open kitchenette was nice if you were going to be there a while and cook. There were DVD players in the room so you could also check out a DVD for free at the front desk from about 120 titles.

Perhaps the biggest kicker for me was in the AM when I realized there was no sort of breakfast whatsoever. I was told I could go across the street and eat at the Holiday Inn Express (owned by the same person) which I never did because it was inconvenient. Bottomline is if you are going to be in Montgomery for an extended stay there are far nicer, kept up hotels within a mile of this property.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
I would like to start out by apologizing for your bad encounter during your stay here at Candlewood Suites. I realize you checked in on Mermorial Day and want to apologize for the trash cans being full. Our extended stay guest were enjoying there day off. I am glad you brought it to my attention and I have had a talk with the staff to make sure trash is emptied through out the day. Our brand does not offer breakfast that is why we allow our guest that has it negotiated in there rate have breakfast at our sister property. I sure hope you can give us another chance to make this up to you.

Been to Candlewood Suites Montgomery? Share your experiences!