“Noisy mid-scale lodging” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Candlewood Suites Montgomery

You added Candlewood Suites Montgomery to your Saves list
Candlewood Suites Montgomery
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9151 Boyd Cooper Parkway, and Eastchase Parkway, Montgomery, AL 36117   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #24 of 73 Hotels in Montgomery
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Noisy mid-scale lodging”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

The location of this budget hotel puts it between the Interstate at the front and a railway track at the rear so don't expect a quiet stay.
Noisy fridge/freezer in the room completes the continual disturbance and in case we were hard of hearing they put us in a room next to the lift - yes, one of those that sounds an alarm every time it arrives at your floor !
Some of the utensils in the room were dirty too eg cooking pot and drinking glasses.!
You would probably do better at the other IHG lodging up the road at the Staybridge although being franchises these hotels vary a lot in quality standards.

• Stayed January 2013
Katherine W, Manager at Candlewood Suites Montgomery, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Our hotel is located conveniently close to interstate 85. The train tracks that are located behind our property are not working train tracks. When making reservations at our property we do take special request, so if you request to be on a certain floor or away from the elevator we try our best to assign rooms due to the request you have ask for. Our property is only 3 years and is a very nice property. When coming back to the Montgomery area i hope you consider us and give us another chance.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Dublin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Stayed here on route to Florida so was a minimal overnight stay
On the positive- staff were super nice. Rooms very cheap, minimal but clean so fine for an overnight.
On the negative, it's a few miles to downtown (of which there is very little anyway) and npvery basic so I wouldn't stay for more than a night. It was incredibly cold the night I arrived and the rooms were pretty cold.
But would recommend for a value short stay

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ellenwood, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stayed during Thanksgiving week, we arrive early and the receptionist Roxanne was very nice, she allowed us to check in early.

Everyone we encounter was very nice and always willing to help.
I was expecting a bigger room and the bathroom could use more lights, its was rather dark. Our room was facing the interstate the traffic woke us up several times. The walls are very thin. We heard someone on the phone at 6am it sound as if he was in the room with us. We could hear the entire conversation.

But overall a nice stay and would stay again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

I was looking for a place in this area and the price here was good plus they had a $20 gift card offer. I was greeted quickly on arrival but it started downhill from there. They didn't have the gas card and told me to come back down in a little while and she would find it. So I went on up to the room to settle in. The "studio suite" was pretty small, nothing fancy and paper thin walls. I could hear everything in the halls and adjoining rooms. No problem-turn the TV up a little.

So I ordered a pizza and decided to go down and pick up my gas card. And-yep, not there again. Headed back up and when the pizza got there I decided to grab a plate. WOW. There was a sign that said utensils have been washed but not sanitized but it was NASTY! I added a couple of pics.

On the bright side, the bed slept well and my breakfast was next door at cracker barrel so I was able to walk over. After breakfast my gas card was ready when I checked out. Overall there are much better choices in this area and I usually stay at the Hampton or Fairfield. When I told them about the plate and showed her the picture all she did was say " I'm sorry".

• Stayed November 2012
Austin,TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Traveling on Thanksgiving week, particularly Thanksgiving day can be tricky. Made a reservation on the way to the hotel. Only had a short wait to check in, was surprised to see such a large DVD library behind the front desk. All the staff is excellent. The pantry is well stocked, and not a massive ripoff for a captive audience.

Our room was open as some have noted (the door is heavy and needs to be pulled shut in some cases), but not a big deal. Room is large, new and clean. The TV is slightly smaller than I'd expect for a room of the size, but htat's no problem. Full sized dishwasher and fridge, large microwave and complimentary popcorn, sink and two burner range. There's a leather recliner and we got a room with two queen beds. Bathroom is large and ventilated. Our room faced the highway, but had very little noise, pleasantly the windows open most of the way allowing for some fresh air. But the AC is cold enough to make snow so you don't need it for the temperature, but I could have used an extra blanket as I do like to sleep cold.

The DVD player is a cheap, nice touch I wish other hotels would pay attention to, especially with Redbox so prevalent. The wireless internet is fast and works great. Plenty of available plugs is good.

I'd stay here for business or with my family. Other hoteliers should definitely spend an evening here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

The room we stayed in was not clean. There was hair in the bathtub and on the sheets of the bed. There was also a weird slimy substance on the alarm clock, tv stand and thermostat. We told the front desk about it, and the woman seemed totally unfazed, and then sent the maintenance man. She clearly had not listed to what the problem was. Eventually we got someone in to clean, but that was not after being really grossed out. I will say the women who did come to clean up the room were very friendly.

Room Tip: Make sure you room is clean before you unpack.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Montgomery, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Terah H,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received service from our front desk which was unacceptable. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Headland, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

this place was great,everybody was so helpful,room was extra nice. it has all the comforts of home. so much to do so close by. and if u want a snake in the middle of the night there is a cupboard right there filled with goodies!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Candlewood Suites Montgomery? Share your experiences!