“Want more sleep go across the street.” 3 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Montgomery Carmichael Road
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5225 Carmichael Rd, Montgomery, AL 36106   |
Ranked #32 of 75 Hotels in Montgomery
A TripAdvisor Member
“Want more sleep go across the street.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I stayed at the La Quinta across the street, which was cheaper. The next time around I stayed in this hotel, which was more money and got the worst room in the place. The service personnel was right across the room and I think they forgot people like to sleep. They were so loud so early in the morning. The room was not as clean, the only thing good was the continental breakfast.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

We decided to take a last minute trip to Montgomery for a family event. As a result, we needed to bring our dogs with us. La Quinta has always been a good choice for us when traveling with our pets. The hotel is not very fancy and the surrounding area could use some improvements but overall we are very satisfied with our stay. Really decent price. It seemed kind of loud around the hotel but once we were in our room, it was very quiet. The room was clean and the mattress was awesome. Best bed I have slept on in a hotel in the same price range. My husband and I slept really well. They are very pet friendly and our two dogs did very well there. My only complaint is that the check in process was extremely slow. I would suggest they evaluate their procedures because when traveling, most people are tired and not in the mood to stand around for an excessive amount of time getting checked in.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stopped in our way back from Florida. All in all a decent hotel. But the immediate area is kind of sketchy, as were some of the other hotel guests, who I assume we're locals because they knew the clerk personally. Also, the floor we stayed on smelled outside of the rooms and we could hear the activity outside our room clearly. But the room itself looks nice and us updated. Beds were comfortable aside from a few small stains. Clerk was nice when we checked in, but rude the next morning (same clerk, so she kind of gets a pass) because I paid with cash and she apparently didn't post it in the system. Breakfast was inadequate. Had to stop at McDonald's.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Williamsburg, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I have been traveling regularly with a dog since 2005. This was the WORST stay I've had in a "pet friendly" hotel in all that time.

I arrived at 5:45PM local time to check in. I was told that my room had not been cleaned and was told that I could go somewhere else if I wanted. Told them it was a little late to find another dog friendly hotel. Was offered $25 off and I accepted.

I came back over an hour later and went to my room. I immediately smelled cigar smoke when I got off the elevator, looked down, and saw cigar ashes all over the floor. Walked down the hall to my room at the end and noticed that the hall didn't look like it had been vacuumed in weeks.

There were a few things that didn't work in my room, including the TV. At least the room was clean.

Housekeeping didn't touch my room the next day.

When I checked out after my second night, my bill did not reflect the money I was promised was being taken off the bill. I mentioned this to the lady at the desk and she goes "WHO told you that we were going to take money off on the room?" I answered, "YOU did!" It just so happened that the same lady had checked me in when I arrived. She asked me why I was getting money off the room and I told her. I was then given the money off that I promised.

This fiasco is even MORE unfortunate because I had just stayed at a LaQuinta in Greenville, SC that rated as my BEST pet friendly hotel experience...

Room Tip: Go someplace else.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

this is a nice, clean place to feel at home for the night. we were welcomed and made to feel at home. it is also pet friendly, the beds were comfy and we slept very well. it is also easy to access, the breakfast was well done , there were plenty of options and our dog was right at home.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Montgomery Carmichael Road? Share your experiences!