“Customer service is saving grace” 2 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5225 Carmichael Rd, Montgomery, AL 36106   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #38 of 73 Hotels in Montgomery
Northport, Alabama
“Customer service is saving grace”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I had 3 different rooms at the hotel, and still didn't get the best one. The first room smelled of smoke covered over by cleaning supplies, but the front desk clerk upgraded me and moved me to another room. I never got into the second room because the keys didn't work. The third room (executive king) has great space, but when I turned back the covers I found two things that bothered me. First, I saw a cigarette burn on the duvet. Second, I saw multiple hairs on the duvet. I believe the hairs were dog hairs, which was quite disturbing. I didn't notice the dog hairs until just before bedtime, and informed the front desk clerk when I checked out who comped the room without any questions.

I would have serious concerns about staying at this location again. I expect more from an "inn and suites" locale, and this location definitely let me down.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Panama City, Panama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I think this is the nastiest place I have ever seen. I had requested a non-smoking room. Upon opening the door to the room, the smell of cigarette smoke knocked you down. The manager's solution to the problem was she could bring some deodorizer. No thanks! The other alternative was to stay at the LQ next door. Now, I have to get all of my luggage back into my car and drive across the parking lot.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Panama City, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We had made a reservation to stay here, we go their and when opened our room which was suppose to be a non-smoking room it def was not smelled musty and like it had been used as a smoking room. upon entering the room further their was white powder on the floor and the counter surface (def was not deodarizer for the room STUNK!!) We showed the manager on duty and asked if their was a different room we could move to and she said no they were full offered to move us to the laquinta next door to them we said ok. Well, we get over their to that room and it was just as nasty WHOLE wad of hair on the floor as well and red stuff on the ceiling upon walking over to the desk their were ashes all over it. Needless to say we went back down stairs and had no rooms available to change to so we cancled the reservation and come to find out both laquintas have charged our credit card. The staff at both are VERY RUDE and UN HELPFULL

Room Tip: Venture AWAY!! do NOT stay here
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Spring Hill, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

First, there is another LQ literally next door. The LQ Inn & Suites is a 3 star and the LQ Inn, across the parking lot, is a 2 star. The Inn & Suites has interior access doors to rooms and the LQ Inn has exterior doors. I feel much more secure with a interior access door. This property is between a 2 & 3 in tripadvisor scale.

This is an older property and is showing it’s age. The reception area was okay but they were having an AA meeting (or something similar) in the lobby area. That didn’t start me off very well. Staff was okay. The hallways were not well lit and gave the place a dingy appearance. The room was okay and the bed was just adequate. Every thing was showing age and appeared worn. Not horrible but not great.

Breakfast was standard fare for a LQ. Probably the best part of our stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
San Luis Obispo, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Its def not the nicest La Quinta. But the rooms have been updated fairly recently. The rooms are much nicer then the exterior or hallways/stairways would make you think. Free breakfast a carb bomb. Bagels, waffles, cereal. And the coffee was awful. But hey...its free if you want it. If you are driving thru as we were the location was good to be able to find dinner. Lots restaurants on main road and one exit away on HWY we found a Bonefish Restaurant which is always dependable. The staff were ok at LaQuinta. Had to wait almost 20 minutes for check in as worker was on "float" (her term). We rang phone but she did not answer. We were actually about to leave as she appeared. We paid around $65 with tax so no complaints as far as that goes. And no pet fee which is wonderful.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Pros:
Fast check in
Clean rooms
Cold air
Decent beds
Cheap via Priceline

Cons:
Extremely noisy upstairs, constant banging, must be herd of elephants
Heard ppl outside arguing
WiFi signal poor & unable to connect
Parents had microwave/fridge but our room didn't.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Montgomery Carmichael Road? Share your experiences!