“Worth a return visit.” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Naperville, Illinois
“Worth a return visit.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

My wife and I have visited Montgomery three times and each time we have enjoyed dinner at this wonderful Italian restaurant. The varied, the food and service are great and all in a fun atmosphere. Try it if you can.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Hoover, Alabama
“Not the Piccata you are looking for”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Chicken Piccata is a simple dish - flattened chicken cutlet, dredged in a little flour, seared and browned, with a tangy lemon caper sauce. Unfortunately Sa-za's failed entirely except that it was, in fact, chicken. A whole chicken breast, maybe steamed or boiled, certainly not flattened or seared, was atop a bed of spaghettini where a few lonely capers resided. The chicken was mushy, although I will admit the pasta was perfectly al dente. I was quite disappointed in the food.

My relatives and friends in Montgomery, who are frequent restaurant diners and, like me, of Italian heritage, told me if they'd known I was considering Sa-za they would have told me to go elsewhere.

That being said, I have been told that their pizzas are excellent. Also, it is a lovely space, and the service was outstanding.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Opelika, Alabama
“Not very good!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Went there to meet family & friends for a Happy Birthday dinner. There was ten of us, including three children. No one raved about there entree but the steamed mussel appetizer was excellent. My wife quit on the boneless ribs on the first bite. (too tough) I had a Caesar salad with chicken....terrible. No romaine, just iceberg hearts with a dry piece of roasted chicken tossed on top. the lobster ravioli (my daughter-in-law) didn't like the intense taste of her plate. the pizza & spaghetti was turned down by the kids. Now....whose kids do you know turns down BOTH of those dishes? My wife & I drove an hour one way and we both felt it was not worth it. the service was good, but we would not recommend.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Great pizza, lot of fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

This was our first visit here. Everything was very good. We had a shrimp bruschetta for an appetizer that we all enjoyed ( especially my 14 year old son). My son and I had the kafta pizza and really enjoyed it. We will be back for sure.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Amazing Italian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

We were trying to find a place to eat, so I leaned out the window and saw this restaurant in front of the hotel. We decided to eat there. This place was so good we stopped there two nights in a row! The pasta was really good. We all shared a piece of chocolate cake the second time and it was soooooo good. Rachel took care of us and she was GREAT. She was really lively and friendly. The place itself was packed, but we only had to wait five minutes, taking into consideration the size of it (huge!). Overall, this is an amazing restaurant which I loved. Definitely a must if you go to Alabama.

Visited April 2013