“Used to be great” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
niceville, fl
“Used to be great”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

This hotel used to be our choice hotel in Montgomery. I have learned that it is a good idea to check the rooms before I commit to a hotel room. So, my daughter and I went to the first room, walked in and found it dirty and musty smelling. After retrieving the key to another room...it took us less than the door opening for us to retreat quickly. We were hit with the overwhelming smell of fresh pot.

I hope that this was just a one time occurance and that the hotel has revamped their cleaning service.

Room Tip: This is a nice hotel when not crowded
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank murch1
FFISMontgomery, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Montgomery EastChase, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear murch1,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback!

I can’t apologize to you enough for what you experienced at our hotel. We did have a very busy June and brought on many new housekeepers. Unfortunately, it looks as though we may have had a couple hiccups during that time and as a result, we dropped the ball with you. Please know how sorry we are that you experienced these unacceptable issues, and know that you can count on us for a clean room and enjoyable stay as you have before.

I would very much like to discuss this with you further, if I may - I can be reached at (334)260-8650 or at jstraughn@peachtreehotelgroup.com. Also, if your plans bring you through Montgomery again, please contact me – we would love the chance to make this up to you!

Jessica Straughn

Luling, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for two nights. The rooms were on the small side but were very nice and clean. Breakfast choices are more extensive than usual for a free hotel breakfast: cereal, bagels, croissants, muffins, eggs, waffles, grits, oatmeal, sausage, juice, coffee, yogurt, fruit, etc. My kids enjoyed the pool.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that's not too close to the elevator to keep noise levels down.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank twinzmom_12
Belo Horizonte, MG
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We spent only one night at the hotel, but we realize that the facilities are new, clean and well groomed. Nearby are diverse options for food and shopping. The town center is a bit far, but nothing that prevents you from knowing the small town of Montgomery but graceful. The breakfast is honest and appropriate accommodations. I recommend this hotel.

6 Thank Marcopa59
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Were were tired and made it in about midnight; Lady at desk was very pleasent but not talkative. The room was refreshingly clean, and nice. The beds were a little soft but we all slept well. Clean bathroom, room even smelled clean.
The only thing was the lack of plugs in the room, you have to plug into the desk lamps. Withall the electronic gadgets now days and my c-pap machine it made for some intersting discussions b4 bed.
Overall I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

I have nothing to add to the other reviews. The place was very affordable, modern and clean. The bed was very comfortable. Free breakfast was definitely a plus; consisted of cereal, bagels, hot foods and a waffle maker

• Stayed July 2012
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a week and were expecting a lot based on the tripadvisor reviews; we were let down. First, let me go over the positives. The hotel is nice, modern, and clean and located in a great area. The beds are very comfortable with both down and down alternative pillows. Breakfast is great with a huge assortment of food and the ladies staffing the area are so sweet. The fitness center is spacious with new equipment and free weights. We didn't take advantage of the pool but it looked nice. Parking was never a problem (park in the back, it's well lit and safe. For some reason, the front is always full).

Moving on to the negatives. Upon arrival we were disappointed to see our room was right next to the elevators. It gets quite noisy due to people waiting for the elevator and the dinging when it reaches your floor. If you stay here, ask to be away from this area as you can hear entire conversations through your door. Rooms did not come with a safe and our shower did not drain properly so we were always standing in about 4" of water while showering. These could have easily been overlooked had it not been for the RUDE housekeepers! After our first night, NONE of our towels had been replaced so we were left with only hand towels. My husband happened to catch one of the housekeepers outside our door, politely told her our towels had not been replenished and asked for bath towels. Her response was, "I didn't work yesterday. I don't know who serviced your room and I don't have many towels right now". We asked her if we could have the towels she did have on hand and she grudgingly gave us a couple of bath towels then rudely stated she now has to get more for the other rooms. This one experience only set the tone for the rest of our week here. The housekeeping staff used the table located outside of the elevator of the third floor to fold sheets and towels. While waiting for the elevator, three of them were working around the area and even though I made eye contact and smiled at them, none of them reciprocated my gesture and continued gossiping the entire time I awkwardly stood there. If you look at my other reviews I am usually very positive of staff and can let a lot of things go; however, I thought the professionalism of these ladies was far below what is to be expected of a Marriott related hotel. These encounters soured our time here. (**I must note that one woman, who I assume to be a housekeeper, was extremely pleasant with my children and me as we walked out the back entrance one morning. I do find it sad, however, that this is the only positive encounter with anyone on the housekeeping staff.)

Overall, I can't say for sure if we'd stay at this hotel again. As Platinum Marriott rewards members, we've come to expect a lot more from the chain. Hopefully management can have a talk with these ladies on their guest service!

3 Thank Bdga2006
FFISMontgomery, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Montgomery EastChase, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Dear Bdga2006,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. Needless to say, I’m a bit upset by what you experienced and thank you so much for bringing this to my attention. We feel that everyone here, from Housekeeping to the Front Desk, is in the business of Guest Services, and we always want our guests to know they are welcome and appreciated. We failed you and on behalf of the Fairfield team, we sincerely apologize for the treatment you experienced while at our hotel.

Rest assured, this is being used as a learning experience and your comments were shared with the entire hotel team. We’ve already taken steps to ensure that our guests experience nothing but our utmost attention and concern.

If you would like to contact me further, I can be reached at jstraughn@peachtreehotelgroup.com. I would appreciate a further discussion with you as I’d like to make sure the proper team members are addressed. We want to make this up to you if your travels bring you through Montgomery again please contact me directly for your accommodations.

Thank you again for the feedback and once again, we extend our sincerest apologies.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

The little lady and I stayed here over this past weekend. Jessica, the GM, and Aaron greeted us at check in and made us feel more than welcome. They were genuinely interested in our plans for the weekend and did what they could to make our stay even more enjoyable. They are also very knowledgeable of the area. Every time they saw us they remembered our previous discussions and were always helpful. The rooms were clean and very comfortable. The on-site gym is also amply furnished and clean. During breakfast one morning, the decaf coffee dispenser was out. I mentioned it to the breakfast host, La'Keisha. A few minutes later she came to our table and told me that the coffee was ready. Now you don't see that very often. This just illustrates the point that from the GM on down, customer service is a focus. Good job team and I wished every hotel I stayed in was this focused on their guests and I stay in hotels nearly 200 nights per year....

1 Thank JawgaJimmy