“a mixed experience” 4 of 5 stars

Atlanta, Georgia
“a mixed experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2007

On the positive side:

Hotel employees (front desk, breakfast service) were extremely quick and competent - not typical for the area. Great.

My room was fantastic - great colors and decorations - great suite set up - perfect, really, for 1-2 people. Good climate control, pretty good toiletries, etc. Nice.

On the negative side:

I couldn't get their wireless internet to work with my computer. This, despite the fact that I was able to use the (weak signal) network of a neighboring hotel. Their system was not down but no one I spoke to from their service provider was able to tell me anything that helped me get on line. Very frustrating on a business trip.

Their workout room is miniscule. 3 outdated cardio machines and nothing else. No water. Terrible, really.

I thought the free breakfast didn't really compare favorably to breakfast at competitors like the Hampton Inn but it was clean and well presented and could have been worse.

• Liked — nice room, helpful efficient staff
  • Disliked — internet access didn't work and workout room poor
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Maitland, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2005

I reserved 2 rooms at SpringHill Suites July 28-31 2005. The hotel is actually nice, but has a few problems. I will be visiting Montgomery in the next couple of months and do not think I will stay there again.
Marriott quoted me $82 per night for each room and sent me a confirmation email. When I received my statement on checkout morning, I had been charged $92 per night for two nights on one of the rooms. I brought this up to the front desk clerk who told me that there was a different rate for the weekend. I pointed out the difference in price between the two rooms. He basically made me feel as if I were trying to cheat Marriott out of money. I went as far as showing him my laptop computer with the email from Marriott that quoted $82 per night. He said he could not fix my bill and that I would have to call some other time and speak with the manager (ie...inconvenience me to fix an obvious mistake on their behalf).
On the last day of our stay, my 6 year old was swimming in the pool and found a USED CONDOM at the poolside. I brought this to the attention of the desk clerk (since there was no manager on site). Also, upon waking on Sunday morning I found a PILE OF CHICKEN BONES just outside of my door and scattered down the hall and in the elevator.
I emailed the manager who has agreed to refund the $20 back to my credit card. He apologized for the used condom and chicken bones.........
Other than those things and the fact there was not a manager on site to handle the situation, I would say it is ok. However, I will be staying elsewhere on my next visit.

• Stayed July 2005
Chillicothe, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2005

We stayed at SpringHill Suites on Saturday, July 2, 2005, after having made a reservation. We found our room ready for occupancy. It was clean and comfortable. The desk clerk was helpful in directing us to church and restaurants. The breakfast provided was satisfactory. If we were traveling to Montgomery in the future, we would not hesitate to return to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2004

Stayed here on 09/03/04. Called ahead to tell them we would arrive very late. Arrived at hotel at 1am local time. No problem checking in. Room was clean and comfortable. We had a handicapped accessible room which eliminated the normal suite room layout but still had a couch and chair with ottoman along with 2 double beds. Also had a mini fridge with a counter and sink. Would definitely stay at one of their properties again.

Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2004

We stayed at the SpringHill Suites in June 2003. There was a cockroach in the bathroom in the first room we stayed in, but were given another room on the third floor immediately without a problem. Both the first and the second room we stayed in were VERY clean and extremely comfortable. The second room we got was a room with two double beds and a living room/kitchen (incl. 2 TVs - great for families with kids!!).
The Suites are located directly off the highway which is very convenient for sightseeing in Montgomery. Great value for the price ($79). Would definitely stay again, despite the cockroach!!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2003

clean, safe, convenient, comfortable, friendly staff!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2002

clean, comfortable and convenient. Excellent value.

Been to SpringHill Suites by Marriott Montgomery? Share your experiences!