“Don't stay here - multiple vehicle breakins!!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #43 of 73 hotels in Montgomery
Jonesboro, Arkansas
“Don't stay here - multiple vehicle breakins!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

I stayed here with my children because it was a hotel recommened by the prestigious tennis tournament we had traveled to Montgomery to play in. On the first night my vehicle, along with another one, were broken into. The passenger side window was bashed out of my car and the glove compartment and console were ransacked and some personal belongings were stolen. The very next night, two other vehicles were broken into the exact same way. The Montgomery police indicated to us this happens all the time at this hotel. There is a fence along the back of the hotel that separates it from I-85. The thieves jump over the fence, pick a couple of SUVs parked at the end of the hotel and smash and dash with whatever they can steal and carry. The hotel management, although apologetic to me, seemed that this was standard routine and that they would file their standard report to their ownership. Installing more lighting and security cameras would definitely help the situation, but they apparently have no plans of investing in the safety and security of their patrons.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
debbie00, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Montgomery, responded to this review, August 26, 2011
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. Safety and Security is the number one priority for all of our guests. I was very concerned regarding the issues that you experienced. It is only through these comments that we alter the way we try to do business. I would like to thank you for your comments about your stay. Please be assured that these issues have been addressed. I do hope that you will consider us in the future. Thanks, Sincerely, General Manager.

65 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

Friendly & helpful staff from check-in the check-out, beautiful decor, comfortable bed, fast & easy to use wi-fi, delicious hot breakfast! Will definitely stay there again when return to the area.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010 via mobile

Staff welcoming, used both the fitness equipment and pool, small but clean and well looked after. Location not great as close to interstate but yet a little hard to find. As for size of rooms a little better then a regular hotel room.

• Stayed September 2010
Atlanta, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2010

First of all, I'm a Marriott Platinum Elite member, so my opinion on traveling should account for something. Without writing a novel about the Springhill Suites, Montgomery, AL, I'll get to the point. It's time for a major RENOVATION! Not today, not tomorrow, but YESTERDAY. It was considered to be one of the nicest properties in Montgomery when it was built, but clearly not the case now. All the rooms are the same, no upgradable rooms, they have tube televisions (some 19' others 25', they have popcorn ceilings, outdated decor, and manual doors at the hotel entrance. Good luck with trying to bring in your luggage on a cart. It's tucked away in a odd location, and is quite confusing to get to if you haven't been there before. The rooms are okay, but are obviously in need of a fresh coat of paint and decor. I've stayed at this hotel several times, and each time, the room has had an odor of "mop water". Thank God for Marriott points, because if it wasn't for that, I wouldn't be there. The breakfast attendant Vivienne, is however, one of the best in the company, and makes you feel as if you're at a JW Marriott. Overall, the property owners really need to bite the bullet and invest in this property before word gets out that they should change the name to the "Dew Drop Inn". Also, my corporate rate was $88 if that tells you anything about this property.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Rotterdam
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2009

Normally we are very happy with staying in a springhill, but don't go here. There a lot of people staying in this hotel with whole families, i think that they are staying with 6 people in the rooms. The most people look like homeless people and this is not a racial comment, my wife is black so i know what racial items are.
We visit the Rosa Parks museum and the area is very dangerous, a lot of black homeless people who were interested in our car! I think Rosa would be shamed to look at this, so move this museum to Washington DC.
The hotel, there was no breakfast left, at one point one person came with a box and put food in it for about 10 people, the hotel desk said nothing... There went my breakfast. There was no fruit, eggs, or yochert.
Complaining was not an option, the woman at the desk was not interested.
Last thing.. Platinum member? Never heard from this.
i cannot believe the other good postings about this springhill at tripadvisor, the must be fake.

Greetings, Pascal The Netherlands Europe

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
ILLINOIS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2009

The whole town of Mongtomery is scarey to drive through, so staying there was a little risky. The hotel is slightly run down, but overall clean. The high speed internet worked well. The pool was clean and the fitness room was clean and well maintained. The room was clean, quiet, with everything in good working order. The workers were friendly and professional. I was very happy when I woke up in the morning and my vehicle was not broken into. My suggestion would be to find another town to stay in if you must stay overnight in this area

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Rainbow City, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2009

We had to stay in Montgomery for 3 nights for business and booked Springhill Suites. The suites have two beds and a somewhat separated living area with a chair, sofa bed, desk, "buffet-area" with sink, microwave, and refrigerator. Two TVs which was great as my roommate and I don't watch the same things! It was a little tight as they maximized every square foot. The sink is separate from the bathroom which is really nice.
The BEST thing about this hotel was the staff! They were really nice from booking to checkout. I was amazed at the selection of food for the breakfast, which was included. They had eggs, muffins, sausage, a pot of oatmeal, waffle machine, yogurt, fruit and a wide drink selection. The best part was this lovely lady named Vivian. Usually people just check and restock the food, but Vivian treated us like we were guests in her house. She was constantly checking on us, bringing us more food, cleaning up after us and making us comfortable. She was a very pleasant surprise. I used the excercise room. It was nice and each piece of equipment had a TV on it. I never figured out how to turn up the volume, but then, I didn't ask.
There was an indoor pool and hottub, but I didn't use it. It looked nice.
In the afternoon you walk in to the smell cookies right out of the oven...YUM...they were GOOD!
You are close to the interstate, so you can hear some road noise if the air conditioner/heater is not on, but once we cut it on, no problem. A nice feature is that the clock/radio has an attachment for your ipod so you can listen to it also.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

Been to SpringHill Suites by Marriott Montgomery? Share your experiences!